nightsite

it would be so helpful in suit building if you could imbue this at low to 0 cost on any item....and no i dont want to just cast it on myself even using a 
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Also there should be a Switch of luck that allows us to put 140 luck on any item.  Make the switch drop like pages.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 796
    On any item, except for transmogrified items, right  :'(
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 898
    there would probably be more discussion of this topic if the rules for UO were enforced...

but most people just use a program to keep the night-sight effect without wasting a mod some  where in their suit instead of doing it the intended way.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Be an Elf or wear the night sight earrings.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Bilbo said:

You're named after a fictional character but seemed to have lost sight of the fact that some might roleplay and not want to be a stinky elf or mage and when we get more gear added to already complex suits more options are both needed and welcome 
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    McDougle said:
    Bilbo said:

You're named after a fictional character but seemed to have lost sight of the fact that some might roleplay and not want to be a stinky elf or mage and when we get more gear added to already complex suits more options are both needed and welcome 

he has a point though - what'S the problem with the nightsight earrings?
    McDougle said:
    Bilbo said:

he has a point though - what'S the problem with the nightsight earrings?
    Well they added yukio earrings.... would it be terrible to allow it to be imbued on my fishing pole or a shield...
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Grab nightight potions from alchemist  or get 4*25 LRC items on VS with 1 stone weight. + magery skill book if you garg and just switch suit to cast a spell every time you need nightsight. 
    Surprised players do not understand why he is asking for this. 

It is good the devs did make an item that requires us to make a choice.

I was able to fit nightsite on one of my mages rings. They others have to use the spell. After years of not needing a spell, it does seem that we took a step backwards.
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Pawain said:

I was able to fit nightsite on one of my mages rings. They others have to use the spell. After years of not needing a spell, it does seem that we took a step backwards.
    But mages have the spell.  And human have 20 magery in JOAT. 
    Also human had slot where you can put nocturne earrings. And arcane clothing. Only gargs need  LRC or night sight potions. (cannot arcane gargish clothes) Now after obtaining Yukio earrings you claim that there is no room for night sight? 
    Gwen said:
    Pawain said:

But mages have the spell.  And human have 20 magery in JOAT. 
    Also human had slot where you can put nocturne earrings. And arcane clothing. Only gargs need  LRC or night sight potions. (cannot arcane gargish clothes) Now after obtaining Yukio earrings you claim that there is no room for night sight? 

All I said was some  did not understanding the point of the OP.  I mentioned how I adapted. And it does seem they took a step back to pre 2008.
    I did adapt but still think we should be able to imbue such things at low to no cost on most any item...
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Bilbo said:
    When an elf cast night sight, he should lose that ability while the spell is active. (opposite to other races)
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    There is a potion.
    There is a spell.
    It's a common mod in the active loot table.
    There are earrings with it as mod.
    There are sandals with it as a mod.
    It's imbueable.

At this point it's not that it isn't available, it's that people are upset that it isn't available where they want it. Don't weaponize some roleplay ideology as a means of your unwillingness to use it where it's currently available, either drink a potion that literally lasts a dumb amount of time, or cast the spell.

However, I do think that nightsight should be removed from the loot table as a mod on gear as well as having it removed from imbuing, and that we should get an option like with Mage Armor in the mage shoppes and be able to pay an npc to add it either to a head piece or earrings (without actually incurring a mod cost)

Also, I think that any future earrings added to the game via ingame events or rewards should have nightsight by default.
    gay said:
    There is a potion.
    There is a spell.
    It's a common mod in the active loot table.
    There are earrings with it as mod.
    There are sandals with it as a mod.
    It's imbueable.

At this point it's not that it isn't available, it's that people are upset that it isn't available where they want it. Don't weaponize some roleplay ideology as a means of your unwillingness to use it where it's currently available, either drink a potion that literally lasts a dumb amount of time, or cast the spell.

However, I do think that nightsight should be removed from the loot table as a mod on gear as well as having it removed from imbuing, and that we should get an option like with Mage Armor in the mage shoppes and be able to pay an npc to add it either to a head piece or earrings (without actually incurring a mod cost)

Also, I think that any future earrings added to the game via ingame events or rewards should have nightsight by default.
    You should be able to imbue any mod on anything end of story 
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 240
    McDougle said:
    it would be so helpful in suit building if you could imbue this at low to 0 cost on any item....and no i dont want to just cast it on myself even using a 
    Imbuing is pretty garbage for the most part these days. 
    I wouldn't have an issue with this but it would probably be to much to rework that so maybe as someone else suggested just make it similar to the mage armor converter NPC and pay to have it added to a piece of equipment.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,390
    ^
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    I gave up trying to fight for better crafting opportunities.

Crafters have to jump thru hoops for single ingredients to combine with even more ingredients and eat recipes just to make junk that's about average to what you can loot within 5 minutes of fighting anything. 

Welcome to Ultima Online where you can be anything you want, as long as it involves bashing monsters all day. 
    ^
    I've said over and over nothing in crafting should be random if i want to craft an axe of pawain slaying i should be able tell me i need vile of lilly tears and the heart of a dragon but let me make it...
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Take a look at what it takes to make the 1 charge soulstone fragment. It's ridiculous. 
    Just buy 1 it’s less frustrating lol
    I wouldn't mind ridiculous for a top end item. but for let's say 190 luck armor it should be straight forward not let's burn through 73 runic charges and hope i get something like the mods i want...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2022
    “Then what would be the point of playing the game if you instantly get the top items??
    after day 1 you’d have nothing to do or work towards.

about night SIGHT
    like covenant said I don’t think it’s even possible for it to go dark on other client”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    Okay. I have had a few gin and tonics after work, so I am ready for it...let me have it...but, why is this a biggy, I mean...isn't this why we trash our shit, so we can collect the Britannia reward nightsight earrings at the square. I think that is how I got them for all my characters, turning in my crap.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2022
    Seth said:
    Bilbo said:
    When an elf cast night sight, he should lose that ability while the spell is active. (opposite to other races)
    Yall a weird bunch, I was just commenting in an old post that elf should get to see darkness or night... or else how is he going to sleep with Lights ON 24/7!?

Elves Need to sleep too!!! 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Yoshi said:
    “Then what would be the point of playing the game if you instantly get the top items??
    after day 1 you’d have nothing to do or work towards.

about night SIGHT
    like covenant said I don’t think it’s even possible for it to go dark on other client”
    Ah but it's not just that simple see because to craft the top items would still take work gathering ingredients etc it's the randomness that should be removed 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    Waaay back before AoS, when my only viable fighting char was my petrified swordswoman I used make my own potion.  Nightsight potion requires 0 alchemy skill. I admit it was somewhat inconvenient when the potion ran out in the depths of the dungeon, but I mostly survived long enough to drink another.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "if you transmog shield onto lantern of protection or hat onto jack o lantern helm you get a small area of light around you"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    As i stated in my initial post i understand all the work arounds that doesn't change the fact that everything should be imbuable on everything