For the bards doing Dynamic Champ....

Thought I'd share this experience today from the Abomination spawn.

I brought my bard to the champ spawn because he hasn't done the spawn in 2 weeks (I've hit a very long dry spell for pages of lore) and the spawn just started so I liked my chances. I was casting EV along with some weaving spells on the first level and when the second level spawned I started provoking things on a night terror someone let out (golems and controllers). It probably killed 3-4 controllers and 3-4 golems before eventually it died.

When I went to go check out the loot I was surprised to see.... a page of lore. I'm not sure if anyone died with it and it was looted (not sure night terrors loot people) so I believe it was a pack drop from killing the spawn. THAT was how I got my page during the spawn (looting off the Night Terror). 

If you are provoking things be sure to check corpses because it appears the spawn will get the page of lore instead of the bard.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    i noticed it on a night terror as well so maybe it's just them ?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,827
    they likely got it for killing the spawn you provoked onto them.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    edited June 2021

:D  Now we know why there are few pages for players.

But yes things steal your stuff there.  I have seen the rummages through corpse message after I or someone else dies.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 793
    Regarding page drops going to provoked creatures, instead of the bard doing the provoking.  My guess is that's a bug.  I wonder if that's a way to get many page drops in a short period of time?

There should be more "rummaging" at champ spawns.  All of them.

Oh, and add the ability for certain monsters to steal from living players :)
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,145
    Pawain said:

:D  Now we know why there are few pages for players.

But yes things steal your stuff there.  I have seen the rummages through corpse message after I or someone else dies.
    I believe the rummaging comes from controllers/mages (I know controllers for sure do this). I haven't seen a Night Terror rummage though when I've died to them solo (before spawn was setup).
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I can confirm pages in night terror corpses, but haven’t been able to prove that they didn’t get them from rummaging a corpse.  So far I haven’t seen pages on a night terror I know spawned after I arrived and started killing them.