Pages of Lore ridicolously low Spawn Rate : WHY ?

I do not understand the reason for such a low Spawn rate for the Pages of Lore.

I have 2,000 Luck, last Page I got was like 2 days ago so, another one should be due.

I spent like 4+ hours working the spawn at various times (always the first 2 levels) but nothing, no Page drop.

I mean, is there perhaps some mysterious overpowering secret with them that the Developers made their drop rate so ridicoulously low ?

I got news @Kyronix , when the drop rate gets too low, the fun ends being fun and it starts becoming a chore, a boring and alienating grind....

That's not the way to keep players enjoyed, this is the way to get them away from the game....

And we are talking of a DECO item, not some uber weapon or armor or jewellery with some incredible properties...

Oh well....  I was hoping to make a Book but if this is your idea of providing fun to players, I have no problem giving up.... that's just pixels, who cares.......

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I have two books full.  The drop rate is the same as the last 2 spawn events. Real unfun.  But if you want them you either do what it takes or buy them on Atlantic for 6 to 8M each.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Got to admit overall a rather dumb event.  Maybe if you had a chance to get a decent drop from the rabbit.  Should have just made the night terror the boss it drops the good stuff. No real incentive to play this event to the end.  And yes, pages some days just don’t drop no matter how many hours you play.  The spawns and the boss fights are fun the fist couple of times you play them but after that unless you are skill building what’s the point?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    I have two books full.  The drop rate is the same as the last 2 spawn events. Real unfun.  But if you want them you either do what it takes or buy them on Atlantic for 6 to 8M each.
    well, I have no doubts that there may be players with multiple full books by either being able to play extensively or, with a large UO balance who can afford to buy as many as they may want... my point, though, is another.... 

It is more about the Design of something to actually provide enjoyment to players....

Why have the drop rate of these Pages of Lore be so low ? I do not get it.

So much extensive grinding can alienate players away from the game and, I would imagine, this is not something that a Developer might want.... I mean, the less people play a game, the worse I would imagine it would make that game look...

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Kyronix has already acknowledged concerns on this matter in the thread linked by @Mene_Drachenfels . Quoting his post:
    Thanks for all the reports and feedback related to the participation rewards for dynamic spawns.  Look for more on this in the next newsletter as we come up with some better ways to address everyone's concerns.  Thanks again!
    I believe this topic is now closed until such time as the newsletter becomes available.
This discussion has been closed.