Pages of Lore : is it possible to extend the duration of that Spawn ?

As everyone knows, the drop rate for the Pages of Lore, inexplicably, is very low.

It is not possible for a character to get 2 at the same spawn and not all players have multiple characters capable of fighing that spawn.

And most players by now have gotten their bracelets and, so, hardly any spawn gets to the end to reset and, thus, permit a character to try again to get a page of lore.

Considering the high number of pages needed to fill a Book, I would not be surprised if many players have not yet been able to fill their Book.

It is a deco item, I do not think it would be any particular issue to extend the duration of this spawn so as to give more time to players to fill up their Book of Lore.

Thanks.

Comments

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    See tips here:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/58750/#Comment_58750

You can get one at least every 8 hours based on what I've observed.

A more generic solution to leaving this spawn going longer is to periodically bring back past event champs, as well as invasions, ToT, etc.

Devs, good job makes bards powerful for the rabbit :)
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    the problem is that if people aren't doing it now would extending it do any good?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    McDougle said:
    the problem is that if people aren't doing it now would extending it do any good?
    I don't see a big reason to extend it personally.

However, note:
    1. Observation re: doing server up instances.
    2. It's still actively done on atlantic.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I did manage to get enough people together on Europa yesterday to get it done but from level 2 through champ I did not get a page (I've never gotten a page on Europa in about 2 weeks of playing 20-30min a day). 

I think there should be 2-3 pages dropped per level and 30-50% chance on the champ to encourage people to actually do the the whole spawn. If you don't get a page after server up on the slower shards then the next 22 hours or so is basically a waste (ie I'd say we don't need to extend it unless the drops are tweaked).