New Quest

13»

Comments

• Jepeth said:
    Jepeth said:
    What kind of character are you using? I've done it a bunch of times now on my dragoon, my mage/spellweaving/tamer, and my ABC archer. All of them ranged from about 45 minutes to an hour and 15.
    SW/Mage/Tamer - BA Cu.  I am wishing I finished my slug up.  Sleeping Dragon seems to hate me, I find a couple of beetles and boat load of hatchlings. Lets not even talk about being stalked by lesser Hiryu.  I have had better luck in the waste for Beetles, just have to keep an eye out for the Witch ;) . Maybe it is time to learn a new template. 
    While I think my dragoon build does the entire quest faster I've done it more on my SW/Mage/Tamer and generally prefer that build for the experience.

First let me suggest a Chiv/AI Cu only for the Yamandon. The poison is obnoxious for sure but you can stand close enough to keep consume up while still providing a little room if it switches aggro. It's healing also helps in a pinch. Should be able to take it out in just a minute or two.

For the Yomatsus I recommend a Chiv/AI fire steed or other fire damage pet. It's their lowest resist and so you'll chew through them faster. I've been doing it with berserk going for the extra damage. I can generally kill all three mobs necessary in about 20 minutes if I'm quick on the all kill macro.

For Kappas and Beetles I've been using a FWW/PB Naja at the Sleeping Dragon spawn. If the spawn isn't up or I don't want to spend the time advancing it I bounce back and forth between the swamp area at the very south of Homare or a small area up along the coast between the water and the mountains of Homare where a few Kappas and Beetles spawn.

The Wolves are never an issue, they're basically everywhere. Same with the Revenant Lions which hang around where Yamandon spawns on Homare. I'll do these with the Chiv/AI fire steed, too. 

None of my pets are very high intensity or full 120s. My Cu is 115 wrestling, everything else is 110 pets. 

Jepeth said:
    What kind of character are you using? I've done it a bunch of times now on my dragoon, my mage/spellweaving/tamer, and my ABC archer. All of them ranged from about 45 minutes to an hour and 15.
    SW/M

Mu BA Cu - Pre-patch Cu - Chiv, 120 wrestling/120 healing(why did I do this.. still can't get over 110) All the rest of his skills are 100.  I might work on my fire drake.. I think I gave way my good Drake and kept the so-so drake. 

He kicks Yamadon butt all over the place.. only died once cause he had Yamadon, 2 rev lions and 2 pain in the backside Ronin.  Blueberry usually kills Yamataus warriors n 2 or 3 hits (priest 3-4). elders (4).  I usually get 3 or more warrior on Blueberry. 

I enjoy and prefer my Tamer, I have a thrower but she spends more time dead. I suck at running a pally/swords (borrowed my sister's a lot), I have a Chiv/Bush Archer, I can do well with him except I forget to honor -90% of the time. I might take him thru it and see how he does. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Bilbo said:
    dvvid said:
    I like Popps’ idea about choosing the spawn. This would be interesting for a future event. Maybe not choose but you get a random set of creatures to kill. So some might have to kill tons of yomatsu creatures while someone else has to kill a bunch of dragons etc. 
    BUT BUT BUT It is not fair that he got chickens and I got GDs
    I picture it being balanced in some way. Similar difficulty creatures. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "the earrings have hidden Antique property? the durability loss is that of antique items."
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Mine are wearing out pretty quick on my mage tamer.  I do not advise wearing these in the Treasures of event on a melee toon.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    Yoshi said:
    "the earrings have hidden Antique property? the durability loss is that of antique items."
    No it should be brittle, I accidentally worn it for a few days on my Sampire as it didn't swap with my resist earring due to my error. Then now it's 126/255 after grinding several long hours including sleeping dragon. If it's antique, it would drop even faster even on tamer mage. 

It still grinds down quickly for a melee.

All armors durability do drop when we do alot of melee, which is why don't envy warrior for those expensive suit. I use all imbued armor for grinding non-boss spawn these days and save the legendary because it's more expensive to wear it down during grinding.

Now I have 4 earrings in total but drop rate is not 1/8, but above 1/13 or 15 and going higher. Speed can vary between 25 to 45 mins per round depending on the spawn. So it's not quick unless someone is lucky.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Before wearing these, I was regularly doing PvM with non antique morph earrings, chaning champ spawns, and the durability loss was not as much as with these glass earrings"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    Hmm then I am not sure but I was comparing to my sdi mystic sw mage who wears antique bracelet for 18 sdi. It was not supposed to do any melee but was attacked often during one of the TO events and I changed it to Prized because the durability drop was significant. It’s based on gut feel that it’s better than antique but whether it’s brittle or not I am not sure then. 

It would be nice if they can add proper tags to Jumu, Mask of Khal, and earrings like this so we know it’s nature.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    i also think the durability loss of this earrings is higher than usual
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the earrings behave as if they were labeled antique.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    edited April 2021
    Yoshi said:
    Yes, I did noticed that too.... and was much surprised as it does not show the "Antique" property on them...

Yet, they DO wear out exceptionally fast.....

Also, considering the extensive time it takes to get 1 pair of the Yukio's Glass Earrings, it definitively should be possible to use Powder of Fortification on them, to my opinion.
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    Hippo said:
    I may have last quest first - i gave the Hook map to BUCs gargoyle and got the action figure and co-ords... Where do i really begin quest and where is the tin of trinkets?

Where is this Gargoyle located? And what to do next?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    twizag said:
    Hippo said:
    I may have last quest first - i gave the Hook map to BUCs gargoyle and got the action figure and co-ords... Where do i really begin quest and where is the tin of trinkets?

Where is this Gargoyle located? And what to do next?
    https://www.uo-cah.com/events/soulless-seduction
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    believe it or not, we do have a page in the wiki for this too: