Hit velocity negates slayer bonus

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited July 2018 in Bugs
When Hit velocity procs, it negates slayer damage bonus of the original hit.

Just tested this, this bug is still in effect.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    This has been broken for ages. Can't believe it did get fixed in the big "bug fix" publish .
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Is this intended or what? Lack of response in the bug section is pretty irritating, to be honest. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    The Halawas bow Eodon Slayer 60% Velocity.  So, this should be fixed to make that bow something we can use since the other stats are decent for pew pew at something.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    edited May 2021
    dvvid said:
    Lack of response in the bug section is pretty irritating, to be honest. 
      I'm sure 100% of the people on these forums agree.

@Misk, where you at?

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Pawain said:
    The Halawas bow Eodon Slayer 60% Velocity.  So, this should be fixed to make that bow something we can use since the other stats are decent for pew pew at something.
    Looks like they fixed it. Was using Ironwood bow to farm arrows in serpentine passage. No damage was reduced with velocity.  Had no time to go to Eodon to try Halawa. You can try yourself. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "tested today, still broken for the Halawa's Hunting bow"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited June 2021
    Gwen said: Looks like they fixed it. Was using Ironwood bow to farm arrows in serpentine passage. No damage was reduced with velocity.  Had no time to go to Eodon to try Halawa. You can try yourself. 
    "The ironwood bow does not naturally have velocity, are you sure you were using a bow with velocity?"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Yoshi said:
    Gwen said: Looks like they fixed it. Was using Ironwood bow to farm arrows in serpentine passage. No damage was reduced with velocity.  Had no time to go to Eodon to try Halawa. You can try yourself. 
    "The ironwood bow does not naturally have velocity, are you sure you were using a bow with velocity?"

1- Ironwood has velocity. Even on your screeshot. 3-rd row
    2- Checked halawa (throwing one). Damage is halved when hit with velocity. @Kyronix , can we have this fixed, please? 
    edited June 2021
    “Thanks, sorry i am visually impaired.
    Tested, that ironwood bow - seems to work with slayer even when velocity procs, perhaps this is limited to the halawa's hunting bow
    I also tested another random bow, slayer seems to still work when velocity procs"

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Figures. Its just the bow that would work in Eodon.

Should try the Ironwood on Mel to make sure it works. Most of my bows are 100% elemental damage when they have a slayer.  Since velocity is physical damage I think a hit spell would be better for my bows.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.