Idea to make PvP thief viable again.

I had a lot of fun with my player thief, and would like to see them viable again in PvP. An idea my friend Hammer came up with was that insured /blessed items could be targetted or randomly stolen, but get sent to the player's bank instead of being taken. Optional, the thief could be given the individual item insurance if it was not blessed. 

Then the UO store could sell a new deed to make things unstealable, and make $$$$.
Tagged:

Comments

• TownieTownie Posts: 20
    no thanks
  • to make a thief valid again they would have to remove insurance from the fel facet.

• come to Siege - no insurance!
  • TownieTownie Posts: 20
    Just wait for New Legacy and PvP Thieves will be viable.  No need to play inactive shards that have no insurance when a superior option is coming in the near future.
  • TailTail Posts: 70
    edited November 2020
    PvP gameplay matters after all.
  • ElvisElvis Posts: 53
    edited November 2020
    +1 please yes send insured stolen item to bank 
    pvp thief templates matter too
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    This is actually a neat idea for prodo shards.
    If done right, it effectivly removes a combatant for what? 3 minutes for flagging and recalling back and forth? Gives stealing a use again. Sounds neat.
  • BarneyBarney Posts: 20
    Barney bestest at teh wobba pvp

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    No  That is why we insure/bless items.  What happens with players that are at limit on their bank box?  Very good way to lose items, not a well thought out idea esp. for EJ accounts that have very limited space.
  • ElvisElvis Posts: 53
    If the bank full it take 1m out of your bank to the thief.  It go to the ground if no gold and full bank.  Or thief mastery get the insurance fraud ability and can remove insurance.  Thief is most nerfed pvp template in UO and was the best
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    No thank you and I am very surprised that the PvP crowd isn't here screaming no way.  This could also overflow into PvM as most PvP changes do.  Wait until someone loses equipment this way all hell will break lose.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “If there was a cap on lower reagent cost of 99%, people would probably carry reagents and those could be stolen to have some effect”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Yoshi said:
    “If there was a cap on lower reagent cost of 99%, people would probably carry reagents and those could be stolen to have some effect”

That would just be annoying beyond belief, I know you support this idea, but I don't. :)

No thank you and I am very surprised that the PvP crowd isn't here screaming no way.  This could also overflow into PvM as most PvP changes do.  Wait until someone loses equipment this way all hell will break lose.

I think truthfully, the PvP crowd just cannot see this happening, so are not bothering to respond.

I agree I'd like to see something, but not something stupid.

• hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    a thief can make a fortune running around stealing items seeds of life, and many many more consumables are worth a lot some as much as 2-2.5 mil per item...
  • sibblesibble Posts: 112
    edited July 2021
    So what does the thief gain?  The only possible thing I could see a thief benefitting from this change is so they can cause other players grief.

Other than that, try playing Siege.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    sibble said:
    So what does the thief gain?  The only possible thing I could see a thief benefitting from this change is so they can cause other players grief.

Other than that, try playing Siege.
    BUT BUT BUT SP doesn't have insurance and I might lose all my UBBER stuff.   LOL
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    I love my thief. He is my favorite character, even though I developed him late in my gameplay years. I can only imagine what fun would be had playing him in the early days of UO. Madness. Shear madness.