Remove Trap, this is ridiculous

So this is the third time in a row where a paragon chest kills me.A Grandmaster Remove Trap...

It was a chest from a paragon mage, which contain supply level maps. It exploded for 123 damage at 56 fire resist (luck suit) when I tried to remove the purple potion trap. Wow, ok, I can understand taking a big hit from a chest which contains a hoard map, but from these? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't use Telekinesis from now on?

The success rate for removing a trap from a paragon chest with the skill at GM is just so ridiculous. And when you fail you get big hits like these. Why not atleast make it so that when I fail at GM level the skill helps out in some way, like, you get hit by the blast but manage to avoid the full brunt, or something...

You added the skill to the list of must have stuff to open treasure chests, so you obviously want us to use it instead of it being a useless skill. Then make it bloody useful!

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    My luck suit has 70 fire resist
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • LeBaitonLeBaiton Posts: 48
    Yoshi said:
    My luck suit has 70 fire resist

Do you want a cookie?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Really think these chests are are just more UO crap to deal with.  Rather than just looting a treasure map from your kill you now have to loot a chest filled mostly with garbage that requires you to have the lockpocking skill to open it assuming you don’t get killed because the chest made you overweight.  Now days I just throw most of these in the trash for the cleanup points.  Think they were added in the first place just to inconvience the players that got them.  Yes, they can do a lot of damage when you try to open them.  Really thought I had something first time I got one.  Don’t anymore.  Really don’t like stuff added to any game solely for the purpose of raising the level of difficulty.  Wear the leggings with self repair you get from the heritage token.

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    The ones with the increased fire resistance.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited May 2021
    LeBaiton said:
    So this is the third time in a row where a paragon chest kills me.A Grandmaster Remove Trap...

It was a chest from a paragon mage, which contain supply level maps. It exploded for 123 damage at 56 fire resist (luck suit) when I tried to remove the purple potion trap. Wow, ok, I can understand taking a big hit from a chest which contains a hoard map, but from these? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't use Telekinesis from now on?

The success rate for removing a trap from a paragon chest with the skill at GM is just so ridiculous. And when you fail you get big hits like these. Why not atleast make it so that when I fail at GM level the skill helps out in some way, like, you get hit by the blast but manage to avoid the full brunt, or something...

You added the skill to the list of must have stuff to open treasure chests, so you obviously want us to use it instead of it being a useless skill. Then make it bloody useful!
    I’m pretty sure you can still use Telekinesis for these on production shards.  I was able to use it on Miasma chests just a couple weeks ago.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I am pretty sure the contents of these chests are already set. You could take it to TC and prove that.  So no need for low resists.

I do not think these chests or others you can hold use remove trap like T chests do. The ones from tossing white nets also blow up too often.

When this was brought up before, a poster said to remove your gloves.  I tried that with no reduction in explosions.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    The chests should be easier on lower levels, and harder on higher levels.

Try a Trove map as a solo player, its hard enough - and it should be.
    But also harder level of treasure maps should be rewarded with greater artifacts found in chest.

That part I dont think is right balanced at the moment.
    With the exception of the mystical fragments, the Tchest loot has been the same since the great revamp a few years ago.  Id like to see some rare artifact spawn in chest, I dont mind if its super rare.

To return to the topic here, I think the first level of treasures should be really easy, for the new players, then scale towards thougher maps on the higher levels.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    First level t-maps are guarded by mongbats, zombies, skeletons, and headless. Good for beginners. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    A few things on this:
    1. I've never had something worth keeping from a paragon chest - am I missing something?
    2. I agree with Pawain; I think the contents are fixed upon looting.
    3. In the event the contents are not fixed and luck does play a part then I'd expect it to work like a TMap and I think the luck roll is upon successful lockpick? This being the case put on a 70 resist suit to remove trap and then switch to luck for picking the lock and opening.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Because of Remove trap, I took LP off my t hunter since level 1-3 can be open casting unlock.  When I have to have LP for a 4-5 map I bring a 2nd account online park some distance away.  I hate remove trap.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    for a t-chest the luck comes into play when it is dug up IIRC. for a paragon chest, i am fairly certain the luck comes into play when it is spawned. so you should be safe to change to a high fire suit when using the RT.  

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited May 2021
    found this with Kyronix confirming on T-Chest's and MIB Chest's

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/1646/luck-treasure-chests
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Was the chest in your backpack when you tried to disarm the trap? Or did you have it set on the ground?  If it was on the ground, how far away was your character when you tried to disarm the trap?  I think you can actually put a pretty good amount of distance between the chest and your character when you use the "remove trap" skill, so backing away from it until you are just able to use the skill might be something to try if you're not already doing that.  And yes, you might try removing gloves too.