Imbuing Sot's

I'm just wondering if there's a specific map you need to use in order to get the imbuing sot from the treasure chest, or is there a better way to get it?

Thanks.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Atlantic vendor search is where I found mine. 
    Go to Corgul, Scalis, Roof with a group and grab everything to unravel. When corpse is public they have lots of items.

Kill things that give lots of items and unravel.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    if its found in treasure chests, wouldn't it be in a mage package?
    (it's not listed in UO cah's database)
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "i regularly find them on Sampire corpses at champ spawns"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    Isn’t there a quest to get 105’s ? When it 1st came out, I farmed the 105 quest like a fiend then put them all in binders to get a 120. That’s probably an outdated effort now if they’re in t-chests but every lil bit can help.
    Acid_Rain said:
    Isn’t there a quest to get 105’s ? When it 1st came out, I farmed the 105 quest like a fiend then put them all in binders to get a 120. That’s probably an outdated effort now if they’re in t-chests but every lil bit can help.
    she is asking about pinks
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yoshi said:
    "i regularly find them on Sampire corpses at champ spawns"

:D
    Yeah, I have some imbuing sot in my collection, likely to come from champ spawns.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    Thank you @Cinderella yes I'm asking about pinks, LOL. So I guess it looks like champ spawns would be the best bet.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Thank you @ Cinderella yes I'm asking about pinks, LOL. So I guess it looks like champ spawns would be the best bet.
    Go to https://www.uo-cah.com/treasure-map-search#s and search for the item you want and it’ll tell you the map to dig. Don’t forget you can get pinks from doing deliveries for trade runs as well as a 10.0 for VvV 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Thank you @ Cinderella yes I'm asking about pinks, LOL. So I guess it looks like champ spawns would be the best bet.
    Looks like an Artisan map, stash or higher, on any facet will have imbuing. 

Go to https://www.uo-cah.com/treasure-map-search#s and search for the item you want and it’ll tell you the map to dig. Don’t forget you can get pinks from doing deliveries for trade runs as well as a 10.0 for VvV 

This is a good resource.
    I cannot find Imbuing under the list for SOT.  
    Seth said:

This is a good resource.
    I cannot find Imbuing under the list for SOT.  
    I couldn’t either, maybe @bleak or @Kyronix could chime in on whether imbuing Sots will drop in a treasure chest. One would assume they would if an alacrity for it will, but we all know what assuming will get you

True, okay well hopefully we'll get some feedback. :D
    if you look in the pinks book, they are found in Magic.
    so wouldn't you find them in Magery maps?
    edited May 2021
    According to the data UO-Cah collected, the Alacrity scrolls and imbuing ingredients are found in Artisan chests, but as we pointed out, they don't mention imbuing under Sot's. hence the reason for tagging bleak and kyronix. we'll see if they can clarify it.

**edit** while waiting on them to clarify, i'll go do some Mage/Artisan maps and see what happens.

• Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    Cinderella said:

she is asking about pinks
    Opps...  misread that. my bad.
    i have yet to get an Imbuing Sot, but to put it in perspective, Alchemy is listed under "Trade Skills" in the Sot book, but the Sot drops in a "magery" treasure chest. so at this point we do need clarification on what package type, or if they even drop  in t-chests. 

Yeah, I've seen them on VS so people are definitely getting them. I hope they drop on t-chests!
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    edited May 2021
    Yeah, I've seen them on VS so people are definitely getting them. I hope they drop on t-chests!
    I’ve done hundreds of different chests trying to find alacrity imbuing.  They do not drop in treasure chests. They should be in the loot table for artesian but aren’t. @Kyronix should fix this.  The only way to get them are 20k turn in points and hope. Also 20k turn in points for a random alacrity is too many. Should be like 2k. 
    Don’t forget you can get pinks from doing deliveries for trade runs as well as a 10.0 for VvV 

I have at least 2 imbuing SOTs in my storage but I still cannot recall how I got them. But I rarely do treasure maps so it has to be one of the following:

1) Champspawns
    2) Osiredon

The 3rd one could Trade Runs which I did alot during the past Krampus event, and I wonder if those actually drop imbuing SOTs.
    edited May 2021
    Theo said:
    I’ve done hundreds of different chests trying to find alacrity imbuing.  They do not drop in treasure chests. They should be in the loot table for artesian but aren’t. @ Kyronix should fix this.  The only way to get them are 20k turn in points and hope. Also 20k turn in points for a random alacrity is too many. Should be like 2k. 
    I have gotten Imbuing Alacrities in a Treasure chest, just not Scrolls of Transcendence.

• LeBaitonLeBaiton Posts: 48
    Imbuing SoTs and SoA are all pre-patch to the t-hunting changes. Same as fishing, you won't be able to get fishing SoT / SoA anymore from current t-chests.

They still seem to be available through the cleanup reward vendors for 20k points, and through champ spawns, but that's pretty random.

There might be other skill SoT and SoA that are currently not included in the warrior, ranger, mage, assassin and artisan chests
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited May 2021
    If you do trade runs, you seem to get a SoT as the reward around 45% to 50% of the time. If you don't have the city banners yet, it might be worth your time to do them.  

The banners are a bit of a gold sink (250k each plus the gold you spend filling the trade orders) if you're just starting out and don't have a lot of gold yet, but they're a nice way to get some of the rarer colors of granite, boards, and ingots too. 

If you use a character who has no city loyalty yet for getting each of the nine banners (you'd need more than one account to pull that off), it will take each character 40 runs to get to Adored status and you will only ever get one-line orders.  If you use just a handful of characters or even just one to do all cities, that works too but you will spend more gold filling the orders and each character you use has to wait a week between banner purchases. (You will get larger amounts of the other rewards though, as the number of lines in the orders increases and/or if you don't use the moongates.)

I did all the cities on Arirang last year in October and got 2 imbuing SoTs out of 104 SoTs received from doing 202 trade runs. (I only used two characters to cover all nine cities. Took a few weeks to wait out the banner purchase timers, but that was okay since I was still trying to do enough hunting in the meantime to get enough gold to buy all the banners.  It was nice to see them all hung up there when I was finished.)    I'm currently working on getting the banners on another shard and have done 160 runs. So far have received 79 SoTs from doing that, but none yet have been for imbuing.  

Just looking at the shards where I've kept track of the SoTs I've received from trade runs in the last few years, this seems to be how frequently each shows up:

3.49% - lockpicking
    3.17% - healing
    2.86% - fencing, hiding
    2.54% - begging, eval int, inscription, lumberjacking, meditation, musicianship, spirit speak, taste ID
    2.22% - anatomy, animal lore, bushido, camping, carpentry, fletching, focus, forensics, necromancy, stealing, tinkering, wrestling
    1.9% - poisoning, remove trap, resisting spells
    1.59% - animal taming, archery, blacksmithing, cartography, detecting hidden, discordance, mace fighting, magery, parrying, tailoring
    1.27% - alchemy, arms lore, chivalry, fishing, provocation, spellweaving, tracking, veterinary
    0.95% - ninjitsu, snooping, stealthing
    0.63% - cooking, herding, imbuing, mining, mysticism, peacemaking, swordsmanship, tactics, throwing
    0.32% - item ID

I realize other people may be getting a vastly different distribution and probably so for other methods of getting SoTs too. I also didn't include data I gathered from when the trade runs first came out. (2014? I forgot I had it. I'll have to do something with all of it at some point just to see if anything's changed.  I know I got 4 imbuing SoTs on Balhae in 2014 out of several hundred runs.)  But if other people are seeing similar results, maybe this will help explain why imbuing SoTs aren't easy to come by in comparison to others.  Maybe Kyronix can speak to whether or not there's any coding to make some SoTs drop more often than others.

Thanks and a good writeup, so my inbuing SOTs could have come from trade runs too. I did not track as closely as you did.
    So things look pretty bleak for me getting imbuing SOts, thanks everyone for your input. I'll just try to tough it out.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna

Can someone confirm if Imbuing SOT's and SOA are supposed to drop in Tmaps?  Because currently they don't.  

Other crafting skills do - imbuing not so much.   If not then why?  Bug or developer decision?