Someone please nerf Holme's Abomination!

On LS, our Ter Mur Champ boss is crazy insane; one hit kills on players and pets. I don't think many players are going to continue this champ if it stays as it is. I know I can't keep it up because the bracelet isn't enough to cover the insurance cost.

Comments

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    I haven't bothered with it on any shard yet. The "reward" doesn't excite me even enough to bother to log in to UO.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    I'm really interested in the lore pages and I enjoy that part of it, but the boss is making it so not fun.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    It's nice that it's not shard bound! 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited May 2021
    On LS, our Ter Mur Champ boss is crazy insane; one hit kills on players and pets. I don't think many players are going to continue this champ if it stays as it is. I know I can't keep it up because the bracelet isn't enough to cover the insurance cost.

The special attacks/properties on the boss should be randomly generated at server up, or when the boss spawns.  Properties should not be fixed for a given shard boss for the duration of the event...

We demand a challenge oh wait not like that...it took one spawn on pac for me to figure it out i was however mildly inconvenienced by having to adjust my suit a little to raise my HP then gasp i had to make sure there was 4 or 5 others around to absorb some damage... if it is to hard do something else earn money to buy  ...
    edited May 2021
    First, it's great that it's not shard bound though I don't transfer from my shard ever so there's that.

Also, I didn't demand a challenge I just want content.

Apparently from what I've been reading in chat and on here that LS is much harder and or maybe even borked compared to other shards so everyone has stopped doing it. :/
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    You just need to learn how to fight it.    then it's easy.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    CovenantX said:
    What people should learn and adapt that's crazy talk..
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    For what it's worth... it doesn't seem to be getting done on several other shards where I have some low level-ish players. I've gone to a few shards and run to the spawn only to see its at level 1 with nobody working it. I spam chat for 15-20min but nobody seems interested. 

While I won't use this bracelet on a main character like sampire/tamer; I would like to get a few for my crafters / fisherman. Might need to end up buying them if it continues like this
    Well we have a lot of players trying on LS and we got some tips and tricks this evening so I'll keep seeing if it works and if it does I'll report back.
    keven2002 said:
    For what it's worth... it doesn't seem to be getting done on several other shards where I have some low level-ish players. I've gone to a few shards and run to the spawn only to see its at level 1 with nobody working it. I spam chat for 15-20min but nobody seems interested. 

While I won't use this bracelet on a main character like sampire/tamer; I would like to get a few for my crafters / fisherman. Might need to end up buying them if it continues like this
    I think it's more that everyone who wants one has gotten it now probably just working spawn enough to get page drops...
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Don’t think the boss battle is that bad.  Don’t see many player ghosts during this battle.  After one battle a green nightmare jumped in and it did more damage to players than the boss and might have been harder to kill.  Not sure one page of lore a night is enough to attract the number of players you need to do the spawn and finish off the boss every night for the next two or three weeks, or whatever time it takes to get all the pages,
    edited May 2021
    Thanks Traxx for showing up and helping us!!  <3

Probably my least known character,   I was having quite a time watching the reverse firing squad at that spawn. 

probably should have gone a couple more days though, you know?  let all the xsharders know LS's boss is no joke, until you make one out of it =>
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Did he tone down the 2 hit quick kills?
    CovenantX said:
    Not the ones with insta kills on humans and pets.  I was killed twice standing what I though was a safe distance away.

We had at least 10 players there and all we were just ressing each other over and over. Fun is a challenge but that one took us 45 minutes to do.

Atlantic,Chessy, and Origin had easy ones.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:

Me?  No,  i wouldn't do a thing like that, If i had that power, I would have made the original dynamic spawn boss that was on TC1 the boss we would have had to fight on LS... something that Actually would require a group of more than 2 (10 people) !

I want something that mind-blasts me for over 1k damage so there's no surviving it... like the TC1 boss, because developing a strategy to kill it is the fun part... if the reward for doing so is worth it of course.

I did explain how to not die to the boss like... ever (in-game), though.  now you can farm it until your heart's content!

ICQ# 478 633 659
    CovenantX said: 

I did explain how to not die to the boss like... ever (in-game), though.  now you can farm it until your heart's content!

Ya the players logged off after that and don't want to do it again.

Thrixx probably toned down so players will keep doing it.
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:

I think it's more that everyone who wants one has gotten it now probably just working spawn enough to get page drops...
    I agree with you.

I remember for the bandaid belt that people were cross sharding all over to get them; I was always able to get some people to do the champ for at least a week. It's only been like 3 days and already having issues with people working a boss says to me that not enough people think the juice is worth the squeeze on this event. 
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    yes people already quit this event and you cant do it alone...getting the drop first time so easy make people not doing it again...the page of lore arent a thing many people will hunt...at least make a 25% chance to get one from the boss
    Might help to know if the completed book of lore is good for anything.  Already seeing a drop in players doing this event.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    the bracelet sucks and lore book wont be worth anything for another 10 years... its not worth the effort.
    Arnold7 said:
    Might help to know if the completed book of lore is good for anything.  Already seeing a drop in players doing this event.
    Pretty sure the lore books are just deco and assuming that's true; I'd agree if there was some chance of getting a lore page as a drop from the champ it would encourage people to stay through the end each time (even is it was 50/50). I said the same thing during the last 2 dynamic champ spawns too that people should be encouraged to keep finishing the spawn (after their first time completing). Ultimately I'm not sure what harm this would be if these are just decoration locked down in someone's house; it's not like it would be flooding the market with something OP.

@Kyronix - can we get some kind of added chance to getting a lore page to entice players to keep working the spawn through the champ? Go check the champ spawns for some shards like Napa Valley / Sonoma / Drach where I checked over the weekend and nobody was working the spawn. Even better testament to what I'm saying is go check Origin. In less than a week since the spawn has been live there, it hasn't gone passed 6-7 candles when I checked in there to work the spawn on my necro (at least 8 times both Sat / Sun). 
    I'm still confused champ spawns get done solo or two people all day every day that's what the threat of reds raiding any developed character can do it so is the issue you need help being taught on your home shard or are people just angry they can't make a noob mage on shards they otherwise spend no time on and cast some bs and get a reward...
    Agree with others management needs to provide a better incentive to players to participate in this event.  Maybe a realistic chance of something really good dropping into the players pack when the boss is defeated that the player can use or sell to another player that can use it.  As is no real reason to continue once you have the page.  
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    McDougle said:
    I'm still confused champ spawns get done solo or two people all day every day that's what the threat of reds raiding any developed character can do it so is the issue you need help being taught on your home shard or are people just angry they can't make a noob mage on shards they otherwise spend no time on and cast some bs and get a reward...
    These are not traditional champ spawns. While it varies per shard the Holmes abomination has way, way more hit points (in the order of 10x or 20x) and far more abilities than your average Piper. Without enough players to overcome the Abomination's hit point regeneration (which is considerable) one or two players cannot cause enough cumulative damage to eventually kill the boss.
    Being able to beat the buffed up champ(pacs is hellish Origin and Cats both ok) and the spawn staying stuck at level two because no one doing are different things the root of the problem is players with characters they have spent no time or energy on crying because they can't get easy big crowd reward..
    Pawain said:

He just taught us how to make the boss not 1 hit kill us the terrors are still pain the arse though.

edited May 2021
    Difference with this spawn is that the Devs made it hard to solo due to golems on the second level stunning you in close combat and priest/elders on level 3 which all do reflective damage from afar and then level 4 has yamadons which make it hard to plow through. I can't solo more than 2 at a time given their damage output and even that's tricky. 

All that said, I can get the Alchemist champ to spawn solo on my home shard where I have the shard bound eps / ranger cloak / town buff etc but even then it takes me a while (I'm able to easily solo almost every other Fel champ spawn)... but why would I work the spawn if I can't solo the champ OR get anything from it? If I get a Lore page in the first 5 minutes of the spawn (already have the bracelet on the shard) then what's the point to stick around and help others?

To your point @McDougle - I could solo 2 -3 Fel champ spawns in the time it would take me to spawn the Alchemist Champ solo... so what's the point of continuing to do the new content and potentially help others? Not everyone is a power gamer which means some people only play casually as time permits so their builds aren't able to solo a champ spawn and they might just be getting to the content this week. I don't mind helping these type of players but if I've already gotten my lore page there are only so many death robes or damage I'm going to take before saying it's not worth it. Furthermore... let's just say someone is cross sharding and works the entire spawn themselves... now the champ is spawned which they can't solo as they weren't designed to be that.... why would anyone on that shard who already got the bracelet even bother to go help... unless there was at least a decent chance to get something else. It would keep everyone engaged in the content instead of doing it and dropping it after 3 days (which is what I did the last 2 dynamic spawns).
     NoActionElly said:
    Pawain said:

He just taught us how to make the boss not 1 hit kill us the terrors are still pain the arse though.

A we noticed you can make the Abomination attack night terrors.

I won't be back till Friday night so don't let everyone get burned out. I want all the pages.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited May 2021
    Jepeth said:
    McDougle said:
    These are not traditional champ spawns. While it varies per shard the Holmes abomination has way, way more hit points (in the order of 10x or 20x) and far more abilities than your average Piper. Without enough players to overcome the Abomination's hit point regeneration (which is considerable) one or two players cannot cause enough cumulative damage to eventually kill the boss.

Debuffs. I use my Disco/Tamer with his FWW+PB Najasaurus to tank and AoE the spawn, and when the boss pops, i recall out, grab my RC+AP Fire Beetle, and recall back to the Champ. I'll also bring in my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © with his 120 Disco+CB Triton. Between 120 Disco+RC+CB+DR+AP+HLA+HLD, the boss starts to melt, especially with a group on him. I can drop him down to 16 Energy Resist that way.