I Like the New Spawn!

PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
edited May 2021 in General Discussions
The mobs are not too difficult.

You need many different types of players to help. 
Melee players do what they do.
Tamers do what they do.
Mages can kill the Mages, Golems, etc on the steps
Bards can Provoke, can use the Night Terrors to help.
Archers/throwers can kill things on the steps
It gets fun when the Yamandons appear.

Teamwork!  Using your favorite toon.

Now the Boss not so much, we got a mean one.  (each shard can have different Boss attacks)
Pulls you in 
Has a pet attack that does 300 dmg per tic 
Dies the rgens HP 
Does a quick insta kill to toons even at a distance (not on all)

So have fun doing this on multiple shards!  1 Boss drop per account per shard. All drops are not shard bound!

Have Fun

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2021
    Pacific's Boss is a multi-level.

Starts at 100% - dies
    Respawns at 75% - dies
    Respawns at 50% - dies
    Respawns at 25% - final death

Also does the beefed up hydra attack. 64 damage Per with all 70's resist. Watching 3 other people die at once to firebreath is special. Lot's of death robes. Have seen it do 500+ to my Reaper in a single attack and double shots to the Reaper for 132 each.

Gift of Life is hugely beneficial.

'Course, Pac being Pac, more people spend time luring Night Terrors to the boss fight then actually fighting.

Also, if someone cast's Animate Dead on the rabbit corpse as soon as it dies (I mean, you'd have to have the cursor up and ready to go speed) it's a real pain in the behind to find the corpse under the pile of dead stuff.

Wonder if the boss specials will change with server up.

Are the lore pages pack drops or do you have to loot them from the bodies? I've only done it twice so far.

P.S. After testing, (and a third round) I would strongly suggest 4x120 bard buffs for this encounter as the 30% damage reduction and 26 hit points (176 total) will let you survive even a quadruple breath attack.

Good Luck!
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited May 2021
    Pacific's Boss is a multi-level.

Starts at 100% - dies
    Respawns at 75% - dies
    Respawns at 50% - dies
    Respawns at 25% - final death

Also does the beefed up hydra attack. 64 damage Per with all 70's resist. Watching 3 other people die at once to firebreath is special. Lot's of death robes. Have seen it do 500+ to my Reaper in a single attack and double shots to the Reaper for 132 each.

Gift of Life is hugely beneficial.

'Course, Pac being Pac, more people spend time luring Night Terrors to the boss fight then actually fighting.

Also, if someone cast's Animate Dead on the rabbit corpse as soon as it dies (I mean, you'd have to have the cursor up and ready to go speed) it's a real pain in the behind to find the corpse under the pile of dead stuff.

Wonder if the boss specials will change with server up.

Are the lore pages pack drops or do you have to loot them from the bodies? I've only done it twice so far.

P.S. After testing, (and a third round) I would strongly suggest 4x120 bard buffs for this encounter as the 30% damage reduction and 26 hit points (176 total) will let you survive even a quadruple breath attack.

Good Luck!
    Each shard has a different set of Boss specials.  Origin and Atlantic were just plain.  I will be on Pacific eventually.  I am on vacation for a week starting tomorrow. So I hope people are still doing it when I travel shards.

Boss Drop Bracelet in pack.  1 per account per shard. Same toon can get on all shards.

Spawn Drop lore book pages in pack.  Collect all the pages. 12 is highest so far.  Dont put in book till ready. can not remove from book.

Drops are not shard bound!

Writing desk gives 5 Lore Books per toon.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    *bracelet
    Ya bracelet.  You can provoke the Abomination onto things like the Night Terror.
    You can discord the Abomination.
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 90
    On my Sampire I was teleported to an inaccessible ledge by a night terror. No way to run off without teleporting. Died on the ledge and had to help stuck out. 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited May 2021
    On my Sampire I was teleported to an inaccessible ledge by a night terror. No way to run off without teleporting. Died on the ledge and had to help stuck out. 

Happened to me as well :)

Europa boss seems quite civilised compared to most of yours :)

Atlantic was nice and easy as well.

By the way - yes, I'm enjoying it also.

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited May 2021
    FWW+PB Najasaurus with Consume Damage running on it can tank and kill all levels of the spawn quite easily. Just gotta be careful of Yamandons poisoning the Tamer and target switching.

Once the Boss spawns, i recall out, grab my RC+AP Fire Beetle, recall back and sick the Fire Beetle on him while discording the boss and hitting him with my 50% HLA/50% HLD/-15 Mage Wep Magical Shortbow. I can also use my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © and his 120 Disco+CB Triton at the same time to really stack the debuffs on the boss. Dropped the boss to 16 Energy Resist during debuff stacking that way, and he melted fast on Atlantic.

The Golems can be looted for Music Box Gears (not the Rare ones though, those only drop from Paragons), the Controllers can be looted for the occasional Compassion Sage, and the Yomotsu/Yamandons/Deathwatch Beetles can be slain for Yukio's quest credit. The spawn seem capable of dropping Splintering Weps as well.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    If anyone has picked up a Night Terror Heart and wondering where it 'fits', it's a quest item for this quest:

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Mariah said:
    If anyone has picked up a Night Terror Heart and wondering where it 'fits', it's a quest item for this quest:

thanks
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Mariah said:

I thought someone has to be on the quest to make of these appear and if someone else picks it up, it goes poof.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Nice layout for a battle.  A little something for every kind of fighter and good room to maneuver.  Did it with about a half dozen to 10 or so other players and that seems about right.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Pawain said:
    Mariah said:

I thought someone has to be on the quest to make of these appear and if someone else picks it up, it goes poof.
    Seems not, my bard got 2 of them through provoking golems & controllers on to the night terrors (mostly golems). They do have a timer on them though, and it's measured in hours, not days, so they probably will go poof.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I'm going to sit this one out. It is like the devs read my mind and decided to use mobs types that I do not like fighting.  
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    TimSt said:
    I'm going to sit this one out. It is like the devs read my mind and decided to use mobs types that I do not like fighting.  
    I can help ya out on Pac with Bard Buff's if ya want the help.
    -Arroth
    TimSt said:
    You get the pages in the early spawn usually.  You just need to get points by healing others or, damaging the Boss. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    The Golems can be looted for Music Box Gears (not the Rare ones though, those only drop from Paragons), the Controllers can be looted for the occasional Compassion Sage, and the Yomotsu/Yamandons/Deathwatch Beetles can be slain for Yukio's quest credit. The spawn seem capable of dropping Splintering Weps as well.
    I've looted an uncommon gear or 2 from golems. 

I also looted a 15% splinter bokuto that was clean.

I'd def suggest checking elders corpses ( @Merus ) because I've seen some decent stuff in some of the ones I do look at loot (zero luck). When using my sampire I'm usually taking heavy damage and I need to keep hitting stuff to upkeep HP so I don't really get a chance to look at a lot of the loot but I looted a clean bracelet with 10 SSI / 3FCR / +5 resist which admittedly isn't great but could have a spot in a suit but also shows the potential if you do check the corpses. 
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:
    You get the pages in the early spawn usually.  You just need to get points by healing others or, damaging the Boss. 
    Pawain - do you need to be partied to get credit for healing pets?
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    the bracelet sucks and golems are a pain in the ass against dexxers.  not worth the time.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Drago said:
    the bracelet sucks...
    This!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Happened to me too. It was right before the champ died. Really annoying...should be fixed. 
    Hippo said:
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:
    Pawain - do you need to be partied to get credit for healing pets?
    No. Also heal melee toons .
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    Pawain, do you know if one can also get the pages the spawn drops just by healing others?

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Grace said:
    Pawain, do you know if one can also get the pages the spawn drops just by healing others?

My bard running the provoke songs (healing) got pages.
    Yup they use the usual methods to get credit.  All the Dynamic Spawns use this, and the same method of spawn drops.  It will take a lot of spawns to get all 13? pages.
  • keven2002 said:
    I've looted an uncommon gear or 2 from golems.

Yeah, normal Golems can have Common or Uncommon Music Box Gears. Only Paragon Golems carry the Rare Music Box Gears.