Video: How to fix PvP and the Inflation of Gold problem (Why are Reagents now useless?)

crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
edited April 2018 in General Discussions
This is a topic that's been discussed so many times, but I wanted to post this video to show an opinion I share: 

Why are we allowing the game to have 100% no reagents suits?  This was a huge gold sink, which benefitted the economy in a major way. Now reagents are useless for the most part. Inflation would be reduced greatly if reagents were actually being used as they were designed.

Also, this video discusses the power scroll issue, and how making them shard bound will allow for the original intent and purpose of power scrolls to be honored... fight over them to increase pvp, and if u don't want to do that, then buy them. Please watch the video before commenting on my post.

@Kyronix @Mesanna @Mervyn @everybodyonthisforum ;

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I do not share this opinion.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    Let me guess, because your a shard trader @Pawain ? If you don't have a shard shield and aren't making Atlantic your trading hub, I don't see the problem with making PS's shard bound. And why wouldn't you want reagents to be used to sink gold? 
    I have at least 100k of each reagent.  If the Scrolls were shard bound I would transfer my toons or pets to the shard they were on and use them there and return.

Your idea only benefits players who kept their accounts open for 15 years and have shields.  What would players on Europa do when they want a specific Scroll?
    edited April 2018
    The same thing people on Atlantic would do, either hunt for it, or buy it from someone. Its not complicated. The eco system is tainted by scroll farmers. How does restricting scroll trading between shards benefit people with shields? 
    The scroll farmers will have toons on each shard and do what they do now..
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    15 years too late. Give it a rest
    If you want avreaa gold sink, make insurance 10x what it is now. 100k+ per death
  • EyeEye Posts: 91
    Fat said:
    If you want avreaa gold sink, make insurance 10x what it is now. 100k+ per death
    How would that help your normal, not scripter or newer player?
    Make available a golden rideable dragon (or whatever), 5 slots, for 5 platinum, that's a gold sink.

I would say there is something wrong if a normal player could not afford 100k per death.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I almost peed my pants when I read "This was a huge gold sink"  Do you know how easy it was to run up the regs on mages in every town and then recall and buy them all out.  You are calling something HUGE that would be a drop in the ocean, ty for the belly laugh.

The eco system is tainted by scroll farmers.  WRONG again.  The ECO system was tainted by gold dupers.

Bilbo said:
    The eco system is tainted by scroll farmers.  WRONG again.  The ECO system was tainted by gold dupers.

We have a winner.

I have enough regs that I could play 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the next 10 years before I would have to worry about it. 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    The point, IMO, is always the same: Inter-Shard Transfer should be available at REASONABLE prices (so, NO 20 bucks one-way-only TTs) for EVERYBODY, or there should be NO Inter-Shard Transfer AT ALL.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    This video was hard to watch.."what is that, is that at tree?? I don't get it....what is this headless thing ? is he headless ? Is that dirt ? Why doesn't the dirt have any health ?  /brutal
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    June 2013, June 2013 I said this.

https://stratics.com/threads/lower-reagent-cost.301243/
    And ofcourse the old statics diehard carebear moderators like most of my suggestions, moved the thread to "spiels n rants section"..when I posted it as a serious suggestion.

I'm very pleased the official forums no longer outsource the right to express an opinion to a third party group.

Ofcourse I will not oppose it. @Bleak

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• DavoDavo Posts: 46

another shard bound post for ps. again, scroll prices have never been higher. if made shard bound, what do u think prices would be 300 mil to plat for some scrolls?

about 100 lrc/reagents, it does suck if my fighter dies and they take my aides. when a mage dies, they don't have to worry about reagents being taken but that's the way it is. reagents wont be much of a gold sink anymore, so easy to get gold now. there are a lot of reagents out there, like so many other resources.  

• Eye said:
    Fat said:
    How would that help your normal, not scripter or newer player?
    Make available a golden rideable dragon (or whatever), 5 slots, for 5 platinum, that's a gold sink.

This. Keep the goldsinks as cosmetics only.
  • Fat said:
    Bilbo said:

We have a winner.

I have enough regs that I could play 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the next 10 years before I would have to worry about it. 
    That's nice that you do. But what about everyone else? Everyone isn't as fortunate as you.

That's nice that you do. But what about everyone else? Everyone isn't as fortunate as you.
    I don`t understand your argument. 

I have only been back 5 months(today). I don`t understand the point of a gold sink that only hurts the low end player.

Tax the poor and let em pull themselves up from their own bootstraps? Is that what you are getting at?
    Fat said:
    Bilbo said:

We have a winner.

Do you know how hard it is to run up all the Mages in UO to give max Regs, maybe you should try it.
    Bilbo said:
    Fat said:
    Bilbo said:

We have a winner.

Do you know how hard it is to run up all the Mages in UO to give max Regs, maybe you should try it.
    Thats on my list of things I would never try to do.
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    Fat said:
    Bilbo said:

We have a winner.

Why it is easy
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    Fat said:
    Bilbo said:

We have a winner.

Why it is easy
    Not for me.  I think I got the ones in Luna up to 999 one time.  It was a borefest.

Not my thing.
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    Fat said:
    Bilbo said:

We have a winner.

Why it is easy
    Not for me.  I think I got the ones in Luna up to 999 one time.  It was a borefest.

Not my thing.
    I did say it wasn't boring but it is easy to amass a lot of regs in just one day and Luna is by far the best place to do it.  It is kind of like watching paint dry or your grass grow.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    if i have to go back to using reagents, i'm closing my accounts again. i did it for the first month or two i was back until i could cobble together a decent suit, never again. unbelievably inconvenient given the current state of the game, and something I just don't want to deal with again.

if you want a gold sink, make it in the form of decorative-only NPC vendor bought items priced in the platinums. Reagents were never expensive, they were just inconvenient.

don't particularly care if scrolls are shard bound. I can usually find the ones i need on vendors over the course of a couple days, if not, theres plenty of people who do regular ATL runs i can ask for help. Anything i get personally, i sell on my home shard. Primers, which are shard-bound, i can also usually find the ones i need on vendors over the course of a couple days, and pricing for the in-demand ones is inline with pricing on in-demand scrolls. shard-bound hasn't seemed to make much of a difference there.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    WHY DO COMMAS LOOK LIKE PERIODS ON THIS FORUM?!
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I believe the last time someone came up with the idea of removing/reducing LRC one of the developers said something along the lines of 'that horse has bolted' that particular 'genie' can not be put back in the bottle. 
    Reagents are still used by alchemists and scribes and anyone who stocks a vendor with these items will tell you they use a lot.

That video makes me wonder why I, and others, ever bother to make guides for things like the void pool
    North_LS said:
    WHY DO COMMAS LOOK LIKE PERIODS ON THIS FORUM?!
    I actually went back and edited a post because I thought I hit the wrong button.,.,.,.,

They look more different while typing but more alike when it posts.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    There can be a great gold sink if they separate the town bonus from the governor's.  Towns should be setup with specific buffs and players should have to pay each time they want to use it, say 100k as example.  And those towns would also flourish with tons of gold for governor to use other then just trade quests.  Right now towns are setup like dictatorships not governor's, its just dumb.
  • Fat said:

I don`t understand your argument. 

I have only been back 5 months(today). I don`t understand the point of a gold sink that only hurts the low end player.

Tax the poor and let em pull themselves up from their own bootstraps? Is that what you are getting at?
    I'm thinking we have both misunderstood each other. Based on your post that I quoted I thought you were advocating FOR dropping LRC since you had the reagents and had so many of them.

I agree that we should not have gold sinks that would only hurt low end players. LRC should stay and, as I posted previously, any gold sinks should only be for cosmetic items without stats.
    This game has been neutered by all these modifications. Why even have regs in the game then? another useless item to be added to the list of useless things in the game such as all the skills that have fallen by the wayside over time.