Single (or double) property over capped intensity

MerusMerus Posts: 656
edited May 2021 in General Discussions
So maybe this has been discussed and I just don't see the thread, but what mobs and strategies have folks had success with for finding single property items with over capped intensities.  I am assuming this is some combination of lower end mobs with very high luck.  Just wondering where people have found the sweet spots to be.

Comments

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    It takes a bit but I've had success with Troglodytes.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Jepeth said:
    It takes a bit but I've had success with Troglodytes.
    Tram or Fel? Wearing luck? Honor?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    You may check this out:

I agree with one of the poster that you can possibly get clean items from most mob. I would say mid-to-high level mob not necessarily the "boss" level. So far, I have yet to get any +10 SSI but I have found others.

The reason why most players do not notice is because we do not check all items in the loot bag. Say I have done like over 120 Yukio quests, and killed 21,720 mobs. Do I check the bags of all those I killed? No, I was in a rush. There "could" have been some clean items among those loots from Yamandon, Tsuki Wolf, Yomotsu, etc. It would be nice if our game client has auto check loot bag function for certain items. EC bags can be search, but this still takes a bit of time away from the mad rush to clear the quest.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    You may check this out:

I agree with one of the poster that you can possibly get clean items from most mob. I would say mid-to-high level mob not necessarily the "boss" level. So far, I have yet to get any +10 SSI but I have found others.

The reason why most players do not notice is because we do not check all items in the loot bag. Say I have done like over 120 Yukio quests, and killed 21,720 mobs. Do I check the bags of all those I killed? No, I was in a rush. There "could" have been some clean items among those loots from Yamandon, Tsuki Wolf, Yomotsu, etc. It would be nice if our game client has auto check loot bag function for certain items. EC bags can be search, but this still takes a bit of time away from the mad rush to clear the quest.

I tried the guardian room, after 200+ kills didn’t get any clean, over capped items with 1 or 2 properties. 
    Merus said:
    Seth said:
    You may check this out:

I tried the guardian room, after 200+ kills didn’t get any clean, over capped items with 1 or 2 properties. 
    Yeah, it's not a sure drop and I have not seen any clean ssi 10 too.

But I have seen one player parking several characters in  there to get max spawn and then one warrior stand in center whirlwind to kill say 8 or 9 ancient liches. I believe they use some ways to search through all the loot bags within one minute.

Somehow I have not seen this guy on my shard anymore, whatever happened to him.

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited May 2021
    You may need to play with the amount of luck you're running.  There is a "sweet spot" related to what you're looking for.  Too much luck isn't always a good thing, and luck can increase the number of properties, and overall intensity -- which is counter to what you want.  Fel implies 1000 luck base.  Try starting with 0-400 luck in tram.

You may need to go through 1000+ kills/items before you get what you're looking for.

Pinco EC add in has something called "finders keepers" which allows looting only specific items?
    You may need to play with the amount of luck you're running.  There is a "sweet spot" related to what you're looking for.  Too much luck isn't always a good thing, and luck can increase the number of properties, and overall intensity -- which is counter to what you want.  Fel implies 1000 luck base.  Try starting with 0-400 luck in tram.

You may need to go through 1000+ kills/items before you get what you're looking for.

Pinco EC add in has something called "finders keepers" which allows looting only specific items?
    Yes, that is why I started this thread.  I’m curious if people are willing to share the combinations they have had success with.... ie Trogs in Fel with 1200 luck, no honor bonus... or maybe level 2 maps in tram with 2800 luck, etc.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Tram is about 1200 luck 
    Bilbo said:
    Tram is about 1200 luck 
    About 1200 luck killing what?
    edited May 2021

Wow, this may be a reason for me to use Pinco ui for my hunting. It's still better if the official ui has this function. In all these events, we often rush to kill mobs, and there probably good stuff once a while if we care to check all bags. Even the legendary drop from Yomotsu Elder was quite rare, and I have not seen them after getting one.
    So, as a point of reference... I spent a couple hours killing ettins in Fel, with honor (at 120 bushido) while wearing a 2,120 luck suit.  I did not see a single drop with any property over capped.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Some of the benefits of Pinco's and even EC are very handy. I wish Pinco's was able to be used for CC; that finders keepers functionality seems very handy. I also saw in EC you can designate a "loot bag"... again super handy to have everything go into one bag instead of scattered in my main pack somewhere.
    Merus said:
    Bilbo said:
    Tram is about 1200 luck 
    About 1200 luck killing what?
    Anything that gives loot.  Luck does not care what you kill just as long as there is loot it will roll the dice to see what upgrade you get or don't get.  Some of us spent real money doing max luck suits just to find out Luck didn't work the way they wanted and still doesn't and most found that 1200 - 1400 luck was the sweet spot.

Believe it or not Mining Salpeter uses the same Luck system and is a good indicator, put your luck suit on your miner and see what size your saltpeter is and how many you get.  Add more luck and notice that quality/quantity doesn't change when you have 1200 - 1400 or 3000
    Merus said:
    So, as a point of reference... I spent a couple hours killing ettins in Fel, with honor (at 120 bushido) while wearing a 2,120 luck suit.  I did not see a single drop with any property over capped.
    Was the loot better with the luck vice without luck?  Has Ettins ever given over capped items?  Just because you didn't get any over capped items doesn't mean your luck didn't work.
    edited May 2021
    Bilbo said:
    Merus said:
    Was the loot better with the luck vice without luck?  Has Ettins ever given over capped items?  Just because you didn't get any over capped items doesn't mean your luck didn't work.
    I didn’t say the luck didn’t work, actually quit the opposite.  2,100+1000(Fel)+1000(honor) I should be over the threshold for a 100% chance to have luck impact the loot.  Based on that experience I would say that ettins do not have overcap properties in the loot table.

Most items with 1 or 2 properties are minor magic items (or similar).  The trick seems to be finding mobs that drop these lower items but are capable of getting over capped weights... my assumption is that is probably best achieved by bumping the weight budget through luck.
    Merus said:
    Bilbo said:
    Merus said:
    I didn’t say the luck didn’t work, actually quit the opposite.  2,100+1000(Fel)+1000(honor) I should be over the threshold for a 100% chance to have luck impact the loot.  Based on that experience I would say that ettins do not have overcap properties in the loot table.

Most items with 1 or 2 properties are minor magic items (or similar).  The trick seems to be finding mobs that drop these lower items but are capable of getting over capped weights... my assumption is that is probably best achieved by bumping the weight budget through luck.
    And you may also find out using your Ettin test that luck around 1200 - 1400 would have given you the same results.  I am taking it that you are using UOGuide luck calculator to get your %100 upgrade info that was based on what the Devs said and was proven wrong because then every item should be upgraded every time and they are not.  Kill Ettins in Fel with all that luck and then go to Tram and kill Ettins with out the bonus, just the 2100 and then 1200 - 1400 and 0 luck and compare all results, you can also do Fel with 0 luck to add more info.
    Bilbo said:
    Merus said:
    Bilbo said:
    Merus said:

And you may also find out using your Ettin test that luck around 1200 - 1400 would have given you the same results.  I am taking it that you are using UOGuide luck calculator to get your %100 upgrade info that was based on what the Devs said and was proven wrong because then every item should be upgraded every time and they are not.  Kill Ettins in Fel with all that luck and then go to Tram and kill Ettins with out the bonus, just the 2100 and then 1200 - 1400 and 0 luck and compare all results, you can also do Fel with 0 luck to add more info.
    You missing the point.  It doesn’t matter if 1400 luck is the same as 4000 luck, all it means is that ettins aren’t going to drop over capped mods with either value.  And if they aren’t dropping it with 1400 luck they likely aren’t dropping it with zero luck either.

This thread is not about whether luck works or doesn’t work, or how much luck affects loot more or less... this thread is about finding the right combination of mob/luck to produce single or double property items that are clean and over capped.  Maybe it’s 1400 luck killing tigers.  Maybe it’s 2800 killing imps, maybe it’s 0 killing Rend.

Based on my ettin killing I do not believe killing ettins with any amount of luck can produce over capped properties, thus making it virtually impossible to get this kind of item killing them.  Obviously I don’t have the time to test every mob with every combination of luck, hence hoping others will share if they have had success.
    Whatever @Merus You do not need to change the amount of luck but you do need to kill stuff that if their base loot is able to support the luck enhanced loot you are after.  People doing spawns do not change their luck based on what they are fighting they fight stuff that has the ability to give them the loot they want when that sweet spot of lucks hits and that spot has been proven many times to be far less than 4000+
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    edited May 2021
    @Merus , you cannot get 1000 luck from Honor killing ettins. Or you kill them with some really low- damage samurai?

My opinion abuout overcapped ones - you can get them everywhere. Even from a mongbat. 
    This week i got SSI 10 MR3 (double overcapped) jewel from yomotsu. Because I am looting them )) And I had 0 or 150 luck (dont remember were Minax talons on or not). 
    Ring with SSI 10 DI 35 is greater magic. (there is one on auc box on Atl). What mob can give you greater magic? almost every one. So we should aim to get more possibilities. Which mob you kill faster , who gives many items? One with lesser slayer, or ones in groups? 
    Your luck can increase quantity of items in loot. Sou you have more chances.
    So 1- you need to think what item you need. What ou plan to imbue. Check skill groups you can reimbue (if you plan skill points).  Example: if you need SSI , DI , HCI and STR  , ring with 10 SSI , 5 HCI 10 DI and 3 STR will suit you well. 
    2-  you go and kill something that will make you as many rolls (items in loot) t as possible.  May be doing something else at the same time. Yukio quest is very good for this task.  You will be slow at it (spending time for looting) but possible rewards are way better than just killing mobs. Other places: Miasma (ML arties and set items), mini-champs (essences) , shame elementals (crystals), etc.... 
    3- you find way to search through loot fast.  I am looting all jewels,  then use search in a lootbag. Nothing good- drop lootbagball and use another one. 

Also you can party with somebody - it increases loot QTY. So you have even more chances per mob killed. . 

Gwen has very good points, especially about making use of existing quest like Yukio. 181 x loot bags per run generates so much loot. If they are not clean over capped, they can be used for unraveling, or cleanup points. LRC items still sell well too. If you are going after One specific item then you will feel that it's a "grind".
    Gwen said:
    @ Merus , you cannot get 1000 luck from Honor killing ettins. Or you kill them with some really low- damage samurai?

My opinion abuout overcapped ones - you can get them everywhere. Even from a mongbat. 
    This week i got SSI 10 MR3 (double overcapped) jewel from yomotsu. Because I am looting them )) And I had 0 or 150 luck (dont remember were Minax talons on or not). 
    Ring with SSI 10 DI 35 is greater magic. (there is one on auc box on Atl). What mob can give you greater magic? almost every one. So we should aim to get more possibilities. Which mob you kill faster , who gives many items? One with lesser slayer, or ones in groups? 
    Your luck can increase quantity of items in loot. Sou you have more chances.
    So 1- you need to think what item you need. What ou plan to imbue. Check skill groups you can reimbue (if you plan skill points).  Example: if you need SSI , DI , HCI and STR  , ring with 10 SSI , 5 HCI 10 DI and 3 STR will suit you well. 
    2-  you go and kill something that will make you as many rolls (items in loot) t as possible.  May be doing something else at the same time. Yukio quest is very good for this task.  You will be slow at it (spending time for looting) but possible rewards are way better than just killing mobs. Other places: Miasma (ML arties and set items), mini-champs (essences) , shame elementals (crystals), etc.... 
    3- you find way to search through loot fast.  I am looting all jewels,  then use search in a lootbag. Nothing good- drop lootbagball and use another one. 

Also you can party with somebody - it increases loot QTY. So you have even more chances per mob killed. . 

Yes, I was using a really low damage weapon with no slayer to get the extra hits in.

Not every mob in game has the loot table to get over cap items, and it seems like most of the ones that do, it becomes very hard to get them with only 1 or 2 properties and be clean.  For example, its super easy to get over cap items from Corgul, but they usually have more than 2 properties.
    @Merus ; "you cant always get what you want"
    You had possibility thou.  But I think your time spent was too much. Killing an ettin (2-3 items) with 5 -7 swings or killing Revenant Lion (5-6 drops) Tsuki/Lesser Hiryu (6-7 drops) with 2 swings..... Can be daemons , balrons, AOL, whatever you have slayers and they respawn fast. 
    I personally prefer Yomotsu now. got several SSI 10 + mods there within a week.  Just because im looting them. First week of quest I wasnt. 
    2 * 2 overcapped.  10 SSI + 3 MR and 10 SSI + 18 SDI . And other with 5-10 SSI and total  4-5 useful properties.  To think what can be imbued or thrown away later, when I'll have right mood. 
    Overcapped mod can be any, including ones you dont need. Luck more than 100 , SDI more than 12 , DEX or HCI on armor , stamina on a jewel, etc. So when you see such drops - means this mob can theoretically drop clean one-mod 10 SSI . Someday :-))    I see every mob as one that can drop it. 
    Also all mini champ mobs can drop overcapped. Even hydras in underwater. Shadowlord there today gave me clean Great Arti bracelet. Not with great mods for my template but I will use it on new toon. 
    Lots of ways in the game: grind low or middle -level mobs, kill high-level bosses with hope to get clean legendary with mods you want  or just use VS :-))  
    "you just might find: you get what you need"
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited May 2021
    During the Treasures of Ice Event, i looted a number of clean 10% SSI or 18% SDI Jewelry from White Wyrms with my Macer/Paladin, who had around 140 Luck at the time.
    I've also looted clean 10% SSI or 18% SDI Jewelry from Goblins at the Goblin Mini-Champ that drops Essence of Control, with around 140 Luck on my Sampire.

Clean 10% SSI Jewelry, i tend to imbue to 15% HCI/15% DCI/10% SSI/25% DI/25% EP.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    @Merus - Sorry I can't give you the exact answer of what to kill with what luck; I still haven't figured that out myself but you are not crazy. There are absolutely "loot tables" in place and depending on where that mob is placed on the loot table will determine what you get. I did a bunch of research on this back when Shame was revamped and all the new items started spawning. This was even confirmed by someone on the Dev team back then. Understandably most people who have more knowledge are going to be mum on it because it's a pretty valuable piece of knowledge.

What I can say is that something like 10 SSI / 35 DI jewelry will never spawn on something like an ettin or water element, no matter how many you kill or what your luck is. My understanding is that depending on where a certain mob falls on the loot table they have a max property number / max intensity number / max item number. So something like an ettin will never have a 6 property piece OR something with 2 over capped properties OR more than like 4 items with properties. From what I've read and kind of seen for luck is that it takes something on that loot table and gives it a chance (via "dice roll") to have an extra property (which then can water down all properties) OR bump up the intensity of an existing property OR just give you an extra piece of loot all together and if it's an extra piece of loot more rolls are done based on luck. Bringing in game luck (from armor) into the conversation muddies the water quite a bit because we are talking about a combo or in game luck and out of game luck. There could be something that you would have killed to spawn a clean 10 SSI piece as the only mod but because you had 1200 luck it adds a property and now you have a 5 SSI / 15 DI piece. That's kinda where I've been hung up because when I've tried to test something I've had mixed results which I think goes toward random outliers.

Back in the day the thing to kill was the Shame wind elements with around 1000 luck or the unbound vortexes with 1400ish; I had a friend who heavily farmed there using that combo and he had some of the best jewels lockdown in his house I'd seen to that point. There is a vendor house on ATL outside Mag that multiple jewelry pieces that are clean 10 SSI / 35DI only and things of the like. That is a pretty good indicator that there is something specific to farm (with a certain level of luck I'm sure) or they are duping heavily (which I doubt given it's all on a vendor).

To Gwen's and Seth's points though about the Yukio quest... the Yomotsu spawn can drop overcapped stuff so it's possible to pickup something good from them. I noticed the same thing during the each "treasures of" event where something like a lich or AOL or WW that I'd never really killed much of had some decent stuff on them when I stopped to look at the loot (I killed 100's of these and not all loot was good). The problem there (and with Yukio) is that everyone is trying to do it quickly so looking at loot slows that down.
    keven2002 said:
    @ Merus - Sorry I can't give you the exact answer of what to kill with what luck; I still haven't figured that out myself but you are not crazy. There are absolutely "loot tables" in place and depending on where that mob is placed on the loot table will determine what you get. I did a bunch of research on this back when Shame was revamped and all the new items started spawning. This was even confirmed by someone on the Dev team back then. Understandably most people who have more knowledge are going to be mum on it because it's a pretty valuable piece of knowledge.

What I can say is that something like 10 SSI / 35 DI jewelry will never spawn on something like an ettin or water element, no matter how many you kill or what your luck is. My understanding is that depending on where a certain mob falls on the loot table they have a max property number / max intensity number / max item number. So something like an ettin will never have a 6 property piece OR something with 2 over capped properties OR more than like 4 items with properties. From what I've read and kind of seen for luck is that it takes something on that loot table and gives it a chance (via "dice roll") to have an extra property (which then can water down all properties) OR bump up the intensity of an existing property OR just give you an extra piece of loot all together and if it's an extra piece of loot more rolls are done based on luck. Bringing in game luck (from armor) into the conversation muddies the water quite a bit because we are talking about a combo or in game luck and out of game luck. There could be something that you would have killed to spawn a clean 10 SSI piece as the only mod but because you had 1200 luck it adds a property and now you have a 5 SSI / 15 DI piece. That's kinda where I've been hung up because when I've tried to test something I've had mixed results which I think goes toward random outliers.

Back in the day the thing to kill was the Shame wind elements with around 1000 luck or the unbound vortexes with 1400ish; I had a friend who heavily farmed there using that combo and he had some of the best jewels lockdown in his house I'd seen to that point. There is a vendor house on ATL outside Mag that multiple jewelry pieces that are clean 10 SSI / 35DI only and things of the like. That is a pretty good indicator that there is something specific to farm (with a certain level of luck I'm sure) or they are duping heavily (which I doubt given it's all on a vendor).

To Gwen's and Seth's points though about the Yukio quest... the Yomotsu spawn can drop overcapped stuff so it's possible to pickup something good from them. I noticed the same thing during the each "treasures of" event where something like a lich or AOL or WW that I'd never really killed much of had some decent stuff on them when I stopped to look at the loot (I killed 100's of these and not all loot was good). The problem there (and with Yukio) is that everyone is trying to do it quickly so looking at loot slows that down.
    Yes, I think you have understood exactly what I am thinking.  Trying to find that sweet spot where you get a mob with a max property weight budget of around 300, with max 3 lines that allows overcapped individual properties.

My best guess is that it’s going to be easier to find a lower lever mob who reaches those thresholds after a luck bump because harder mobs are likely to have one or more of those conditions exceeded which dilutes the odds.  The downside is that the luck bump may increase the odds of antique on jewelry.  It’s also completely possible that this mob already exists without needing the luck bump, it’s just so rarely looted that the general population isn’t aware of it.
    edited May 2021
    It seems possible to get clean item from almost any monsters, but it just takes time and you will need to sieve through those bags. I am not sure if doing like 3 - 4 hours or even 8 hours straight will guarantee a drop.

Yesterday, I decided to check the loots during Yukio quest again, and this time I still did not see any clean items but got a legendary bracelet from one Revenant Lion. My warrior only has 150 luck in Tokuno. While raising honor with Balrons at Chaos moongate, I remember getting clean or legendary items, but they are rare...

They should have some sort of macro to auto search and loot items built in (without using 3rd party UI like Pinco, etc).
    Seth said:
    It seems possible to get clean item from almost any monsters, but it just takes time and you will need to sieve through those bags. I am not sure if doing like 3 - 4 hours or even 8 hours straight will guarantee a drop.

Yesterday, I decided to check the loots during Yukio quest again, and this time I still did not see any clean items but got a legendary bracelet from one Revenant Lion. My warrior only has 150 luck in Tokuno. While raising honor with Balrons at Chaos moongate, I remember getting clean or legendary items, but they are rare...

They should have some sort of macro to auto search and loot items built in (without using 3rd party UI like Pinco, etc).
    Yes, clean items are possible, but I’m still convinced there is a strategy to improving the odds.  Very unlikely to get a clean, overcapped 2 property ring from the roof or an ettin.
    Merus said:

Yes, clean items are possible, but I’m still convinced there is a strategy to improving the odds.  Very unlikely to get a clean, overcapped 2 property ring from the roof or an ettin.
    How long it takes you to finish roof? 1 hour may be? And you get lots of items but they are mostly legendaries or so. Not much lesser or greater magical. Which are rjewels you need. So your chances to get some good overcapped are way better if you will kill drakes in bellfry, not minax minions. 
    Same about shadowlords in underwater. 1 per 30+ minutes and may be 5-10 great magical in lootbag.   So your odds will be way better if you will kill rotting corpses on lvl 1 of BMV Ararat. 
    You just need to get more possibilities from system. This way you will just bruteforce system instea of searching some "sweet spots" And you better find some activity where you can get another reward. Yukio, imbuing essences, whetstones - all up to you. keven2002 said:
    @keven2002  

So instead of killing ettins or troglodytes with no additional reward you kill those tokuno mobs with a chance to get earrings.  
    Gwen said:
    Merus said:

How long it takes you to finish roof? 1 hour may be? And you get lots of items but they are mostly legendaries or so. Not much lesser or greater magical. Which are rjewels you need. So your chances to get some good overcapped are way better if you will kill drakes in bellfry, not minax minions. 
    Same about shadowlords in underwater. 1 per 30+ minutes and may be 5-10 great magical in lootbag.   So your odds will be way better if you will kill rotting corpses on lvl 1 of BMV Ararat. 
    You just need to get more possibilities from system. This way you will just bruteforce system instea of searching some "sweet spots" And you better find some activity where you can get another reward. 
    You’re presuming it can be both finding the sweet spot and killing lots, were I think both is exactly the plan.

The roof takes me about an hour and yields about 125 drops.... but even if that was 1000 drops, the odds of them being what I’m looking for is so low the volume is virtually irrelevant.
    Merus said:

You’re presuming it can be both finding the sweet spot and killing lots, were I think both is exactly the plan.

The roof takes me about an hour and yields about 125 drops.... but even if that was 1000 drops, the odds of them being what I’m looking for is so low the volume is virtually irrelevant.
    No. You need to count how many magical drops you get per hour. Not artifacts.   
    Even it will be 125 magical - 125 rolls per hour. 
    Compare to how many Tsuki wolves (4-6 rolls per) you can kill in an hour. Or Yomotsu. they spawn quite fast. and kill 3-5 per minute is not a problem. This gives you more than 1 thousand rolls per hour. Really magical , with only few going to "artifact" intensity. 
    Also having more players yield more drops from same mob. 

Luck is important because it gives you more items per mob (up to a item qty cap).  But it also gives you chances to get "improved" item with more properties. Which you dont want. So my opinion is you dont need to have high luck - have none or from 1 or 2 items (100-300).  Just kill more mobs.