appeal for disability assistance

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited April 2021 in General Discussions
"hello, i don't think i should be given any special treatment because of a disability, however i suffer from visual impairment and some of my oponents are aware of this and deliberately exploit this by changing their chat (spell casting) color to a dull grey, which for me is unreadable so i cannot fight some spellcasters.
I am able to make my own text a color that is readable however cannot set text of a third party.
There are some third party programs that can help with this however they're not compatible with UO, can we please have an option to display text of other players a legible color.
Thank you"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Good luck  with that and I am totally serious.  UO has done some things in the past to help like the Crafting add-ons they did.  I use UOAssist alot and I still have macros for every Smith/Tailor Bod but honestly I see no reason why we can not use some of the other 3rd party programs out there when you can do all those scripts with the EC and no I can not use the EC after staring at shitty CRTs and substandard displays in the military for 21 years.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited April 2021
    I'm sure a lot of players on LS would be very happy if you could change chat,and any other words we see, color and size so they can see it better.

Good Luck!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    In UOA there is an option is set all text a color.  I use either a bright red, or the bright green setting.

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2021
    "Thank you, this is allowing me to read speach, however the color of other people's spells is not affected by this, that is my main issue"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    I know a lot of people will change the color of their text if you explain and ask nicely. Then there are those..... :'(
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    edited May 2021
    Drakelord said:
    “i have that checked already”
    "after a few restarts this is now working thank you!!!!
    I once was blind, but now i see"
    I am glad there is a work around for those that have UOA but for those that do not this fixes nothing.  Incorporate UOA functions into CC.  Can EC do this, if so then give us CC Graphics in the EC.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    Bilbo said:
    Can EC do this...
    Yes. Default EC.

ESC>UserSettings>OverheadText

Text Fonts and Text Colors

Further customization can be done with mods.
    -Arroth
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Bilbo said:
    I am glad there is a work around for those that have UOA but for those that do not this fixes nothing.  Incorporate UOA functions into CC.  Can EC do this, if so then give us CC Graphics in the EC.
    It would be a win-win if they can incorporate switchable graphics between CC and EC inside EC. Then they will only need to maintain one client moving forward.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Bilbo said:
    It would be a win-win if they can incorporate switchable graphics between CC and EC inside EC. Then they will only need to maintain one client moving forward.
    I use the EC only in my house setting up items to be locked down and displayed in containers but there is no way I can step outside because the way EC graphics are rendered.  EC has a better UI than the CC but the Graphics are worse and I know others thing they are great but I see no reason why the EC can not support CC Graphics.
    edited May 2021
    "it has been over 1 week, most players i see their text and spells as bright blue now, but these same players who put it in grey so i can't see, their spells are still unreadable to me, how they do this?, everyone else the spells are bright blue"

I thought that color selection was for your text not others, been a long time since I used it will need to try it out.
    "I do not mind that people are using unofficial clients, but it should not be able to overide my official client"
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Bilbo said:
    Seth said:
    Bilbo said:
    I use the EC only in my house setting up items to be locked down and displayed in containers but there is no way I can step outside because the way EC graphics are rendered.  EC has a better UI than the CC but the Graphics are worse and I know others thing they are great but I see no reason why the EC can not support CC Graphics.
    Good news, EC could technically support CC graphics! yay!

Bad news is that the thread discussing about it is derailed and locked before its done.

:D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited May 2021
    Yoshi said:
    "I do not mind that people are using unofficial clients, but it should not be able to overide my official client"
    I was talking UOA and even a non registered UOA will do this, but even with that it should not be required and CC should do it.
    "it is only magery spells that are showing up as grey, when the oponent casts mysticism spells i can see them as light blue"
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    What color are Spellweaving, Chivalry, and Necromancy spells showing up as?
    -Arroth
    “Chivalry spells are always white”
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    I know a lot of people will change the color of their text if you explain and ask nicely. Then there are those..... :'(
    These are the same people you frequently see having prolonged intellectual discussions in genchat across multiple chats. Yep, asking nicely should do it.
    edited September 2022
    "spellweaving spells are also showing up the correct colour i choose, it's only magery spells that are retaining the third party's color choice, the opponent pictured happened to be using *** however even non *** users magery spells are not displaying my chosen color"
    Could it be because you have the power words showing?