Head slot potion

Did it make it to the store today?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    not on my menu... :(
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Is it usually the 1st or 15th ?
    Lets hope Cinderella is correct!

Cinderella said:
    UO Newsletter #8 (mailchi.mp)
    this was sent to everyone that signed up for the newsletter on the 23rd

Coming May 2021!  Enjoy new aesthetic choices for the head slot as you magically transform your favorite head slot item into new looks!

(which usually means May 1st, but i think last time it was added the day before. so maybe on Friday evening)

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2021
    "potion now released, active "features" on live shard deemed not a bug, please enjoy the following:

1: special hue 1258 persisting on transmogged selected/highlighted quest items

2: blessed status retained on destination object as well as source so can bless Prized items that were originally not intended to be able to be blessed (previousely could not use an item or clothing bless deed on them), also can bless hats for free where previously either a clothing bless deed or item bless deed would be required by transmogging onto free blessed nictitating lenses that you can claim every 30 days from Trinsic docks.

3: can alter transmogged nictitating lenses from human to gargoyle allowing gargish captain john's hat and any other human hat that was previously not able to be altered to gargoyle.
    (attempting a direct human to gargoyle transmog you receive the following message:
    "you may not set source and destination objects of different race requirements.")

(unable to tranmog some veil-like items including 'mask of khal ankhur' not specified in store description)

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2021
    So the mask can not turn into a wizard hat? Is that so there would be no way a gargoyle can wear two of them? 

So there is a way for gargs to get more things now.

I need to hurry home to make me some cool headgear!

This allows you to dye items you could not dye before.

@Yoshi can you repair the pumpkin hat and stuff like that?
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    if you want to mog mace and shield glasses to plate helm.  you need non magical plate helm, take it npc mage guildmaster and pay to get make it mage armor.  i fortified it to 255 just to be safe.
    Ah so it doesn't use the base material property it also would use the mage property.

Then take off the mage property but the helm is still medable right?
    "ofcourse not"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    all is well 

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I missed that Halloween event and all the gifts. So sad.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/seasonal-events/halloween-treasures-of-the-sea/
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited May 2021
    Want to transmog my Norse Helm Mace & Shield variant onto a Bone Helm. That possible?
    edited May 2021
    That should work if the mace and shield is not medable...  But I think the glasses version are medable.

I'm looking to get rid of a bone helm and make it something that lets the hair show.

The lens and circlets are medable tho...
    Want to transmog my Norse Helm Mace & Shield variant onto a Bone Helm. That possible?
    If it does not work.  You could try the trick above.  Get a plain bone helm and go turn it medable. Then convert.

The potions are on TC.
  • It's funny. All these new tools come out at a point when I've finally become pretty comfortable with how my characters look. Oh well.
    Ya I was fine but I like the pumpkin Helmet and got to get rid of the Hunters headdress that made me look like a bug with antennae.
    Yoshi said:
    "ofcourse not"
    Ya you cant remove mage armor from something you turned into Lens.  Darn.  Nothing for Non med that lets you show your hair.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    I am having some issue with a Head Slot Trans Mog.  Perhaps someone could help? 

I have a Captain John's Hat.  I would like to Transmog to a Plate Helm (or Norse Helm). 

I got a plain Plate Helm with only resists and 5 Stam.  Wouldn't work.  Converted it to Mage Armor.  Wouldn't work.   Tried magical objects even though it states it wouldn't work in the description.  Tried crafted piece off VS with nothing by resists on it (no mage armor).  Still didn't work.

I keep getting one of the two issues:
    "The destination item must be free of any magical properties."
    OR
    "Both source and destination objects must allow the use of the meditation skill (medable) or both block the meditation skill (non-medable)." 

Is this there any work around to make this particular Transmog possible? 

This seems far more restrictive and difficult than necessary. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Merlin said:
    I am having some issue with a Head Slot Trans Mog.  Perhaps someone could help? 

I have a Captain John's Hat.  I would like to Transmog to a Plate Helm (or Norse Helm). 

I got a plain Plate Helm with only resists and 5 Stam.  Wouldn't work.  Converted it to Mage Armor.  Wouldn't work.   Tried magical objects even though it states it wouldn't work in the description.  Tried crafted piece off VS with nothing by resists on it (no mage armor).  Still didn't work.

I keep getting one of the two issues:
    "The destination item must be free of any magical properties."
    OR
    "Both source and destination objects must allow the use of the meditation skill (medable) or both block the meditation skill (non-medable)." 

Is this there any work around to make this particular Transmog possible? 

This seems far more restrictive and difficult than necessary. 
       buy the type of  helmet you want to transmog into from an npc, then add mage-armor to the helmet.  it'll work.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Yup. Or craft one from iron and add mage The 5 stamina is a magical property. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849

Shouldn't this read differently?  
    Mystic Kasa?
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    Thanks for the advice - it worked using a crafted helm with no mods and adding Mage Armor after. 
    dvvid said:

Shouldn't this read differently?  
    Mystic Kasa?
    No, The name stays the same.  The purple words tells you what type armor it was.

That is in case you want to use a special named item.  You do not want to lose the name.
    edited May 2021
    “Pawain is incorrect, I’ll assume David did not transmog a coif onto a coif, it should indeed read Mystic Kasa, try logging out and in and check what it reads”
    edited May 2021
    Yoshi said:
    “Pawain is incorrect, I’ll assume David did not transmog a coif onto a coif, it should indeed read Mystic Kasa, try logging out and in and check what it reads”
    Show some of yours.

It keeps the name of the item and the purple is what type of armor was used (for head gear).  It does not change the name of the item.

My Parrot is called a Hawkwinds Robe. The Blackthorn Robe items are bugged but the rest keep the original items name.

All my items kept the original name and show the original item type (for Hats)

temp.bmp 200.7K
    As you can see, I’m wearing a kasa but both lines of text say chainmail coif, which was the origin item was. Logging out / closing everything and reopening did not change the names for me. Still double coif. 
    “If the source object has a unique name then it will be transferred, but it’s not supposed to transfer the “coif” part, only the description is supposed to be transferred, but it seems this is not working as intended”
    edited May 2021
    I just looked at my original items I made on TC.  They all kept the name of the item. An arcane deermask on a chefs hat says arcane deermask.  The transmog tag wasn't there yet.

So the Devs saw this from the first day. So it must have been intended.

It also transfers the maker of the items name to the target, if there was one.
    edited May 2021
    I strongly feel what I’m experiencing is not intended. Basically, I bought a kasa from an npc then transferred my coif’s properties to it. “Kasa” should be mentioned in the description since that is what it is. Right?

Or at least it should just say “Transmogrified” and that’s it. 
    edited May 2021

"This example shows that correctly only the descriptive element of the name (Spined) has been transferred, it seems this description is correct when there is no magical name present, the system seems unable to distinguish between loot/reforge generated named magic items and true named artifacts, looking back on images posted during test phase, this issue was present on TC however not specifically brought to the devs attention, (however there are many issues that went unresolved through the test process)"