Suggestions/requests

UO Team, can you consider the following?
  1. Re-enable town invasions, 1 weekend per month.
  2. Re-enable ToT, 1 weekend per month.
  3. Remove the limit to the number of times that valor can be used to advance champ spawns.
Can make the drops non-EJ if needed, as well as the usage of valor to advance spawn = non EJ (if it's not so limited today).

Comments?

Comments

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    NO for all of that,  ToT done recently, Invasions done recently. EJ should have NO privileges and NO to champ tampering. With this Dev team they will most likely break something. 

So more new content please, and I vote for revamp of all Artifacts. Make them relevant again, most are junk compared to legendary armour now.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    See I agree with Jack once.  New stuff is better than stuff I already have.

Revamp arties and suits hunters garb and such.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Running old content again (especially on limited weekends per month or every couple months) is a good idea. Increasing the supply helps keep the cost of items and the barrier of entry for new players and returners low. They have to think about appealing to player groups beyond us die-hard veterans.

Ideally, of course, they could do both. Run old events every so often and also create new ones regularly to keep people subscribed and engaged. Plenty of other MMOs have adopted this strategy, even quasi free to play ones like Star Trek Online. 

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    Pawain said:
    See I agree with Jack once.  New stuff is better than stuff I already have.

Revamp arties and suits hunters garb and such.

WAIT! I gotta sit down :)
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited May 2021
    Nowhere did I say do this instead of new content :)
    Nor did I suggest more privileges for EJ accounts -- see "non-EJ", perhaps the double negative is hard to read...

I'll add some others:
    4. Block EJ accounts from being in FEL champ spawn areas.  Even block being EJ in FEL dungeons is fine.
    5. Add Fey Slayer enchantress cameo drop to the shadowguard mix.
    6. Add lesser slayer enchantress cameo drops -- OR -- a new lesser slayer talisman similar to enchantress cameo.  New event drop?
    7. Not sure it makes sense to roto-till the existing artifacts.  Devs seem to be doing a good job adding new artifacts in the events.  Hooks shield and Yukio earring seems like they came based on direct player feedback.  A few good artifacts being introduced seems better than a cross the board revamp.
    8. Bring back the >10 mod legendary artifacts, and call them "Mythical artifacts", very low chance to drop instead of a standard legendary.

edited May 2021
    Jepeth said:
    Running old content again (especially on limited weekends per month or every couple months) is a good idea. Increasing the supply helps keep the cost of items and the barrier of entry for new players and returners low. They have to think about appealing to player groups beyond us die-hard veterans.

New and returning players do not need the junk from ToT.  Only one item was wanted, they could bring that back in new content.  48% spellbooks are not selling at 20M.  I could give a returning player or three 47%s.
    edited May 2021
    Pawain said:
    Jepeth said:

New and returning players do not need the junk from ToT.  Only one item was wanted, they could bring that back in new content.  48% spellbooks are not selling at 20M.  I could give a returning player or three 47%s.
    Good dyes from ToT, a few useful lesser items.  Invasion was more than just spellbooks.  Bane weaps, pet training, chaos and fun (britain dragons?), good boss and talis drops, etc.

We can get all that with new events.  Talis drop like that on peerless, where do you think the loot table came from.  Maybe you have not seen my request for a Bane Potion to be put on the NPC vendors at the events we are having now.  New and useful for all players.

@Kyronix ; I am not the only one that wants a potion to put Bane on any weapon.
    Pawain said:
    We can get all that with new events.  Talis drop like that on peerless, where do you think the loot table came from.  Maybe you have not seen my request for a Bane Potion to be put on the NPC vendors at the events we are having now.  New and useful for all players.

@ Kyronix  I am not the only one that wants a potion to put Bane on any weapon.
    Re: get all that with new events - simply not true.  The "treasures of" events also don't reflect the unique chaos of the in-city invasions.  Invasion boss was beefed up peerless, not just peerless.

Other bane weapons, including one of best xbows in game, come from the Shadowlord.  I don't see a big need for a bane potion personally :)

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2021
    The invasion, only the few mage generals drop the spellbooks. They are mostly killed in like less than 5 minutes, and we have to spend hours to clear the city of so many high hp mobs. 

It's also a 100% sure drop, and if you are the only attacker, you can get very high sdi slayer or close to 50% sdi. Many players just wait for someone to clear the current city, and then jump in to snatch at the start of the next city.

Not that I agree to bring it back as it was but... it might be better if they bring it back via events like the recent undead 30 sdi for 200 points.

The last invasion was the 3rd time. I already got alot of slayers and 50 sdi from the 2nd invasion in the last 5 years. Then the 3rd one came and more players got the 50 sdi, some even got more than one.

There will always be some players who missed the events. The "have" will say no, "have-not" will ask for it again lol
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Also, Pawain, to expound on the bane potion item a bit more.  It may make more sense to suggest some specific new full spec weapon artifact(s) with bane, rather than a generic potion.  That's much less permutations to test...  The "Focus" virtuebane "potion" has some unwanted and probably non-intentional side effects when applied to some modern weapons.  I can imagine same possibly happening with a bane potion as well.

edited May 2021
    Bane is pretty basic.

Bane: This on hit property will only trigger when targets health is below 50%. As the targets health decreases the chance for the property to fire will increase along with the damage. Bane will damage the target with 30% of the targets max hit points in physical damage.

I use them to kill the Crazed mage, it does not always hit, it does a little more damage.

You want to bring back invasions to get more bane items but you do not want it in potion form.  Please explain why you don't want a bane Composite bow but you want other types.

I have asked for specific properties on a Composite bow here more than once.  I'd settle for bane or some other property we could add to any weapon.
    Pawain, go ahead and suggest a composite bow with bane and certain properties.  I asked for the same - search my posts.  About my first post on this forum likely pointed that out -- one where you called me popps I think.  Closest you can get at the moment is the bane soul glaive.  If you can find one.  Not that other new/returning players will easily or cheaply get a hold of one...

"Bane" when used in the right circumstances does a lot more than a "little" extra damage.

"Focus" also sounds simple, yet it has issues.

Seth, the spellbook phase of invasions was only part of it.  It was tamer city after the initial phase.  Sure did beat grinding away at crazed mages or unbound EV's !!

For some, the invasions were about the experience, not necessarily the items!  I don't need any items myself, but others may appreciate the items.  The experience is another matter though -- it was fun times.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Seth, the spellbook phase of invasions was only part of it.  It was tamer city after the initial phase.  Sure did beat grinding away at crazed mages or unbound EV's !!

For some, the invasions were about the experience, not necessarily the items!  I don't need any items myself, but others may appreciate the items.  The experience is another matter though -- it was fun times.
    Yeah, you are right about the "tamer city". I noticed some players training their pets with the other generals. I am just training my first Triton now at Shame... won't mind if there are generals which can give "greater gains" :D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited May 2021
    All of us would be able to find a soul glave with bane on it if it were in a potion. I have a lot of bane bows and gave the 100% damage ones to a guy who turned them into mage bows.
    They were so impressive that he put Weaving back on his template. But any thing new would work for me.

If you need to train pets on Generals, you just do not know what mobs to use for pets.  If you want to do something while training pets, use Dread Pirates.  You get Beacons after a few.

Looks like you really like the invasions.  But, it will just end up like it always does, and your posts do not show that you like the mechanics of them.  
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I wanted to mention, in regards to the Bane property... weapons on the invaders from the invasion had Bane a lot of the time. I saved a ton of these weapons. I have found that, unfortunately, the melee weapons could not be imbued. 

However, the bows could. Below is a bow I imbued (also have enchant weapon from mysticism mastery applied giving it lightning and spell channeling for a few minutes at a time)

Could be better but this is just an example. 
    One of my archers that I use for Orc crew has a repond slayer one.  He just shoots so it works fine.

I have a few Virtue bane crystals,  I have used them on TC. But have not found a good encounter where it gives a good enough damage benefit.  They cycle back to low damage too quickly.
    Pawain said:
    All of us would be able to find a soul glave with bane on it if it were in a potion. I have a lot of bane bows and gave the 100% damage ones to a guy who turned them into mage bows.
    They were so impressive that he put Weaving back on his template. But any thing new would work for me.

If you need to train pets on Generals, you just do not know what mobs to use for pets.  If you want to do something while training pets, use Dread Pirates.  You get Beacons after a few.

Looks like you really like the invasions.  But, it will just end up like it always does, and your posts do not show that you like the mechanics of them.  
    Surely you must have reasons for wanting bane specifically, as you've requested it many times.   I've used Bane weapons, so know the benefits.  The bow dvvid is a useful example, though I tended to imbue DI down.  Of course there can be wasted examples of imbued bane weapons too.  A mage firing at a very slow swing rate would be an example.

I'm aware of how to train pets.  Fast way to train a triton -- get 3 unbound EV's on it, spamming heal.  The common mobs used for training tend to get very boring, and, lonely...  The invasion training was a place where you'd commonly see over a dozen tamers in close proximity, working together.  Not common with the common "optimal" mob training...

The invasion book drop mechanic was terrible, I'll stand by that.  I used a template that had no trouble getting books, but I still disagree with that mechanic.  Many alternatives were proposed, by several people.

At any rate, specify an exact bane weapon you'd want, maybe the devs will cook something up.