The Fellowship medallion from bucs NPC does not grant access

psychopsycho Posts: 284
The Fellowship medallion from bucs NPC does not grant access to the Shamino area where you get your tabard.

Problem: Fellowship medallion bough from NPC bucs den dont work
Medallion: The human version, might be gargoyle version also.
Shard Europa, might be other shards also Ive not tested other shards.

Conclusion: Dont trust those pirrates, yarr.
10k points wasted in test attempt.

Comments

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    if the medallion isn't turned 'blue' (by running certain parts of the quest to allow access) it won't let anyone wearing it to enter.

I believe it's only necessary to run two parts of the quest chain.

the musical scale section - in Brit castle, near sherry the mouse.
    the wedding, in the hidden room in ilshenar, which you need a play a lute 'tuning it to stones' during a certain time of the day.

I'm pretty sure that's all you need to do in order for the medallion to grant access. as you had to do it with the original medallion as well.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited May 2021

a guildmate used an old medalion and could enter without problems, however using the one from bucs den NPC he couldnt enter.

So I guess the NPC is just to get the plain basic medallion then, and you need to do the quests aswell.  Im sure this will confuse alot of players, thinking they could enter just by buying one medallion from NPC, I think many has even done the quest before.  (with another medallion, that is lost)

Its up to the devs to test this, and update the text on the NPC if necessary.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The medallion is exactly as the one obtained from Blackthorn's dungeon. The part of the event that is no longer active. This enables the quest to be done.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yup you have to take it to the underground castle and play a lute.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.