PLEASE STOP WITH THE RANDOM EVENT REWARDS

12346»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    How many different posters who have done more than 24 of these have to tell you it is a 1 in 8 chance to get whatever you get.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited April 2021
    Pawain said:
    Aragorn said:
    Pawain said:
    Aragorn said:
    it has really happened between me, and my guildmates. 1 person spends at least 20 hours of his real life time on multiple quests, and gets nothing. 1 person spends 90 minutes on 3 quests, and gets 3 x earrings in a row = 600m. These examples are happening within my guild on a fairly frequent basis

I'm feeling myself stupid doing these pointless references, so Yes Mariah, please just lock the thread. 
    RANDOM number generator  RNG.  It is not supposed to be equal drops for everyone.
    It's why it was so difficult to get 8 different virtue tiles for that quest.

So wrong. Thanks for giving another example to show this is a biased RNG, if, again, the drop rate is supposed to be 1/8 for the virtue tiles. 
    Which item is is biased towards?  If its not earrings, how did your guildies get 3 in a row?
    MY guidies? looooooooooooooooooool

I will stop replying now. For the sake of everyone else.
    Yes you said 2 guildmates (Guildies) got 2 different results. Then you analyze that and come to the conclusion that the RNG is biased.

So you have your experience and 2 guildies experience which are all 3 different results.  
    And your conclusion is the RANDOM part is not working?

How do you come to such a conclusion?  

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited April 2021
    @Mariah sorry for breaking my promise but see why you should lock the thread? 

I should have recalled this quote much earlier:

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

really no more reply from now on. 
    edited April 2021
    I agree.  You should go away before you make more of a fool of yourself.

You can't even come up with why you think the RNG is broken.  But once you proclaim it in Caps you have to stick with it, no matter how foolish it is.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Pawain said:

You can't even come up with why you think the RNG is broken.  But once you proclaim it in Caps you have to stick with it, no matter how foolish it is.

so sad i cant go to a thread whitout pawain trolling it
    Fortis said:
    Pawain said:

so sad i cant go to a thread whitout pawain trolling it
    Giving correct information is not trolling.  I know you also wish you could prove me wrong.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I do wonder, is anyone getting a bunch of earrings over deco pieces?  Seems like people are getting piles of deco but idk if anyone is getting a pile of earrings. 
  •  Aragorn said:
    Pawain said:
    Aragorn said:
    it has really happened between me, and my guildmates. 1 person spends at least 20 hours of his real life time on multiple quests, and gets nothing. 1 person spends 90 minutes on 3 quests, and gets 3 x earrings in a row = 600m. These examples are happening within my guild on a fairly frequent basis

I'm feeling myself stupid doing these pointless references, so Yes Mariah, please just lock the thread. 
    RANDOM number generator  RNG.  It is not supposed to be equal drops for everyone.
    It's why it was so difficult to get 8 different virtue tiles for that quest.

So wrong. Thanks for giving another example to show this is a biased RNG, if, again, the drop rate is supposed to be 1/8 for the virtue tiles. 
    What @Pawain said in what you quoted is spot on, a true random number generator, which is what UO has, will not give you a set item on any attempt, It will randomly give you an item from it's set pool of items. Even if you get the same item 5 times in a row it is working as intended. instead of arguing that the RNG is broken, which it isn't, why don't you instead ignore that side of it and go to the "we need a better way of handing out the rewards" (like this thread was initially started to do) because the random number generator is working as intended and I seem to remember the DEVs saying that the RNG would never be replaced or changed. (of course, you never say never, even in UO).  

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,930Moderator
    Circle end.
This discussion has been closed.