Can we get runic atlas fix please?

for the love of god,  please add functionality that already exists in runebooks - making the text selectable!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    They chose to use buttons instead. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Unfortunately this isn't functionality we can port between the two books.  The runebooks use a client side gump whereas the atlas (and pretty much every other gump in the game) uses a server side gump.  
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Kyronix said:
    Unfortunately this isn't functionality we can port between the two books.  The runebooks use a client side gump whereas the atlas (and pretty much every other gump in the game) uses a server side gump.  
    How was Pinco able to implement this functionality in his UI?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    edited April 2021
    He made client changes (via the custom UI abilities in the EC)
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Kyronix said:
    It was my understanding, based on your previous statement that this cannot be done in the atlas because the gumps are server side? So, it can be done with the client then?
    Sorry, if I am dense on this, don't you have the ability to make changes to the client? Better abilities than those allowed by the UI mods?
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Kyronix said:
    I'm sure if you reach out to Pinco , he will provide the code to implement it.  I've spoken to him and he is willing to help.  Afterall, he built the EC UI