Dear Developers, can we please get the Yukio's items to STACK or have Clean Up points ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,896
edited April 2021 in General Discussions
These items are starting to pile up and taking lockdowns.....

And I am also slow so, I can only do so many runs in my game time...

I heard some players can do 1 run in 30 minutes.... it takes me about 3 times as much time...

I can only imagine how many of these Yukio's items these faster players may have "piling up" and taking lock downs...

Since it took us time to get them, anyways, throwing them away is like throwing a chunk of our life time away..... can you please give them some use, make them stackable, give them Clean Up Points, whatever... throwing them to the trash bin really would be a sad throwing away of our time to get them....

Thank you.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    So some hard core player made 57 runs so far and has 57 items and what you have made a few runs and have a couple of items and you are already complaining.  How about all the new gifts that have no value other than keep sakes, where is the whine for those.  Only you @popps
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 869
    imagine how many runs he would have done if he had actually listened to EVERYONE a while back and made a sampire............
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,896
    edited April 2021
    imagine how many runs he would have done if he had actually listened to EVERYONE a while back and made a sampire............
    I do NOT want to make a Sampire because changes to the game over time have made it the uber-powerful Template a player can play in "most" scenarios.

I would like, INSTEAD, to see the Developers Design content where OTHER Templates can "shine", and not always see Warriors and Sampires as "THE" one Template to play in UO, if one wants to get things done faster and better....

Yet, Event after Event, I keep seeing Warriors and Sampires as being the one Template that owns all of the others....

And I cannot figure out WHY such a Template is so much preferred over all of the others when it comes to Designing content for players to have to fight.

I am Talking of Designing Events where, for example, taking a Tamer would be more beneficial, or perhaps a Bard, or, why not, a Rogue Template.... 

I just do not see why it has to most always be that Event Designed seem to be tailored around and about Warriors and Sampires....

Don't a WHOLE LOT of other Templates exist in Ultima Online ?

Why cannot content be Designed with the GOAL to favour OTHER Templates, rather then always Warriors and Sampires ?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited April 2021
    There are trashcans in many cities, you can place a trashcan in your house. Place any item you do not want in one. Problem solved.

You can drop items on the ground if you do not want them.

I and many many others are doing this event on non sampire characters. Archers, bards included.

Personally, I go faster on my tamer than a sampire would.

As usual @Popps, you do not understand how to play UO.  And again I invite you to LS to see all types of templates doing this content just fine.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 169
    popps said:
    I do NOT want to make a Sampire because changes to the game over time have made it the uber-powerful Template a player can play in "most" scenarios.

I would like, INSTEAD, to see the Developers Design content where OTHER Templates can "shine", and not always see Warriors and Sampires as "THE" one Template to play in UO, if one wants to get things done faster and better....

Yet, Event after Event, I keep seeing Warriors and Sampires as being the one Template that owns all of the others....

And I cannot figure out WHY such a Template is so much preferred over all of the others when it comes to Designing content for players to have to fight.

I am Talking of Designing Events where, for example, taking a Tamer would be more beneficial, or perhaps a Bard, or, why not, a Rogue Template.... 

I just do not see why it has to most always be that Event Designed seem to be tailored around and about Warriors and Sampires....

Why cannot content be Designed with the GOAL to favour OTHER Templates, rather then always Warriors and Sampires ?
    umm i have a spellweaver mage tamer, and i can run it just as fast if not faster then a sampire dude.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Whitewolf said:
    popps said:

umm i have a spellweaver mage tamer, and i can run it just as fast if not faster then a sampire dude.
    I was fighting beside a tamer and his Triton was killing the Yomotsu Elder faster than my warrior. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    @popps do you only have fun if you compare times it takes to do something with others?

Guess what.  Someone will always be faster than you are.  When I was in my 30s playing tennis each weekend with a 55 yr old, when he kicked my butt and I got mad, his response was,  get better.  That's truly all I could do.

Or accept that you are not the fastest player in UO.
    Pawain said:
    @ popps do you only have fun if you compare times it takes to do something with others?

Guess what.  Someone will always be faster than you are.  When I was in my 30s playing tennis each weekend with a 55 yr old, when he kicked my butt and I got mad, his response was,  get better.  That's truly all I could do.

The actual argument of this one Thread was to please get the Yukio's items to Stack or get Clean Up Britannia's points.... not really about who is faster at killing the Spawns....
    edited April 2021
    popps said:
    The actual argument of this one Thread was to please get the Yukio's items to Stack or get Clean Up Britannia's points.... not really about who is faster at killing the Spawns....

Aye @popps yes it would be nice if those decors have cleaning up point or stackable. But the main objective is to get the earrings.

Remember the paragons? The high speed, no-life-leech, auto-revealing monsters... We don't have to kill hundreds (100s) of them to get just one artifact now. I just killed 60 Yamandons and I got several earrings :D

Everyone is concerned about your speed but I think you will do fine.

edited April 2021
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    @ popps do you only have fun if you compare times it takes to do something with others?

The answer will be. You do not need a bunch of these items to hoard, so they were made not to stack.

You are the one that brought up needing a sampire to do this quest. Did you forget that you did that?
    edited April 2021
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

The answer will be. You do not need a bunch of these items to hoard, so they were made not to stack.

You are the one that brought up needing a sampire to do this quest. Did you forget that you did that?
    Uhu ?

Some players are lamenting 1 pair of earrings in like 15+ runs and one would not need to hoard "non-Earrings" Yukio's items if they wanted several pairs of earrings for multiples of their Templates ?

Let's imagine that a player may want like 4 or 5 of these earrings for 4 or 5 of their Templates, they will likely end up with having to do the Quest like about 70 or 80 Times over and over.... Which it means, another 70 or 80 Yukio's items to store away further stressing their already "squeezed" storage capabilities...

Sure, players could well throw the extra Yukio's items to the Trash Bin but, why would they want to, considering that each of those items took them a considerable time to get ?

The average player's time for a full Quest Run is about 1 hour so, having to do it some 70 or 80 times to get 4 or 5 pairs of earrings would mean having to spent some 70 to 80 hours of their time.... and thowing those items to the trash bin would, I imagine, mean just having wasted those 70 to 80 hours which yielded those "side" Yukio's items which they do not need those many of...

If they were at least made stackable, OR given some use with Clean Up points, to my viewing, at least players could not feel they wasted their time in getting them should they not have sufficient space to store them away....

You have a 1 in 8 chance to get earrings.

That's 3 per 24. So you can be 2 of 23 and still be in the range.

Playing slow you can do this quest in an hour. The avg is more like 40 minutes.

It is easier to get the earrings than it is to get a halo from doom or a cameo from the roof.

Do you keep every item you get from bodies.  No. Do you have to keep the other rewards. No.

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    edited April 2021
    Pawain said:

It is easier to get the earrings than it is to get a halo from doom or a cameo from the roof.

Do you keep every item you get from bodies.  No. Do you have to keep the other rewards. No.

hey Pawain you have to comment on every threads on every forum..it is your goal ?  most of the time you are saying bad information....how do you it is 1/8 chance...why it can be 95% a deco and 5% a chance to get a pair of earring do you work for broadsword? did you code this event?
    @popps ;
    They may listen to you and make this better next round. There is no harm to throw those extra decors away. Perhaps we can suggest better decor ideas for dev in future, e.g.

- Collectible set of specially hued clothing from Yukio, with maybe LRC 100? It's just a simple but usable suit, but extra ones can also fit up all my 20 vendors.

It's like collecting those minor arties from TO events but usable.

This also fit the storyline, e.g. missing person left behind his item all over the place...

BTW Yukio sounds like @Yoshi 's brother... not sure if they are related but would be nice if there is a 1FC 1FCR sash or Sandals from Yukio too... Can Yoshi check his wardrobe..

edited April 2021
    Fortis said:
    Pawain said:

hey Pawain you have to comment on every threads on every forum..it is your goal ?  most of the time you are saying bad information....how do you it is 1/8 chance...why it can be 95% a deco and 5% a chance to get a pair of earring do you work for broadsword? did you code this event?
    Prove it is not 1 in 8. You cant so. I'm right as usual.

Sorry you do not understand non weighted RNG.

Maybe one day you will bring helpful information to the forum.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited April 2021
    Fortis said:
    Pawain said:

How many rewards are there, 8. So that means that you have a 1 in 8 chance to roll what you want, its just that simple or are you privy to some info that UO weighted the rewards differently, if so please show us your proof.  As far as the comment on every thread, well guess what you have that same right.  And again please show us the FACTs that Pawain is putting out bad info or is that just your opinion.
    Seth said:
    @ popps 
    They may listen to you and make this better next round. There is no harm to throw those extra decors away. Perhaps we can suggest better decor ideas for dev in future, e.g.

- Collectible set of specially hued clothing from Yukio, with maybe LRC 100? It's just a simple but usable suit, but extra ones can also fit up all my 20 vendors.

It's like collecting those minor arties from TO events but usable.

This also fit the storyline, e.g. missing person left behind his item all over the place...

BTW Yukio sounds like @ Yoshi 's brother... not sure if they are related but would be nice if there is a 1FC 1FCR sash or Sandals from Yukio too... Can Yoshi check his wardrobe..

There is no harm to throw those extra decors away.
    Meh.... considering that each and every of those Deco Yukio's Items took, on average, about 1 hour of a player's life time to be gotten, I would hope that such an hour of a person's life could be worth a bit more then nothing, as it would be, if one was to just throw them into the Trash Bin....

edited April 2021
    popps said:
    Meh.... considering that each and every of those Deco Yukio's Items took, on average, about 1 hour of a player's life time to be gotten, I would hope that such an hour of a person's life could be worth a bit more then nothing, as it would be, if one was to just throw them into the Trash Bin....

Actually, I have a use for them... I use them to keep track of the number of times I have done vs rewards. So far its more rewarding than past TO events... shhhh :p
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,318
    an hour of a player's life that he was playing the game?  Isn't that the general idea?
    I'm only doing the quest once per day, the rest of my playing time I do something else. Like trying to get the darn gargoyle chest piece off the acid elemental renowned. I've done that 40 times now and all I have to show for it is a terathan warrior costume.  At least you're getting *something* from the current quest. Could be just 5 minor magic items, as I am getting.
    edited April 2021
    an hour of a player's life that he was playing the game?  Isn't that the general idea?
    I'm only doing the quest once per day, the rest of my playing time I do something else. Like trying to get the darn gargoyle chest piece off the acid elemental renowned. I've done that 40 times now and all I have to show for it is a terathan warrior costume.  At least you're getting *something* from the current quest. Could be just 5 minor magic items, as I am getting.

I am not sure that I understand what you are trying to say....

My argument is, that I hardly see "grinding" as being having fun while playing a game, and this, especially, when having to do the exact same repetitive actions over and over and over again....

To my opinion, at least, it is NOT fun.... yet, if one wants to get the aimed at Reward, it is necessary..... but, at least to my viewing, it sure is not fun when it has to be done over and over and over and over again.... as I see it, it stresses out one's own gameplay time and, it does is a waste of time when the reward obtained is not the one that one was aiming to but something that has no use... sure, Deco can be nice but "how many" of these Deco items one really needs to have taking up lockdowns in their Homes ?

At least, make those "other" Yukio's Deco items be usefull at something other then having XYZ of them used as lockdowns in one's own UO house.....

Like trying to get the darn gargoyle chest piece off the acid elemental renowned.

At first I hated the RNG and thought that everything in UO should have been "points based"....

Like, go to a Spawn, spend time killing stuff and then use the points achieved to claim whatever one wants from that Spawn.

But then, I came to realize that such a points based system would favour only those who could kill faster or use multi-boxed characters to kill stuff and, thus, accumulate points faster...

At least, the RNG "equalizes" the situation among players, a player killing Spawn faster can still get a bad RNG as compared to another player killing Spawn slower but getting lucky with the RNG..... sure, their faster rate of killing spawns permits them to "roll" the RNG more often but still, if they get a bad RNG streak, their higher rate at killing Spawn would still not favour them compared to a player killing spawn slower but having a lucky roll at the RNG...

That is, as bad as it might look, the "evil" RNG still, to my viewing, at least gives a chance that permits to casual players to "hit the jackpot", so to speak, before hard core players.....  

At least, that is how I see it.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    we need to learn that our opinions don't always matter... at least that's how I see it...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited April 2021
    Most if not all good and useful arties is obtained via grinding over and over. As I said if you compare to other quests with equally good item drops like shadowguard, Myrmidex, Doom, you kill more monsters + tougher + more time + RNG.

I don't see why anyone should be unhappy with this Yukio. Any simpler would become a Clicky or might as well make it a vet reward.

But why is everyone asking to make this super earring easier to get. Why not cameo, tinker legs, small soul forge, moonstone crystal, etc. Are all these super easy to get than Yukio quest?

You are right about the rng on the latter part. But again as I said if you focus on the one reward that is uniquely sweet in this game, the useless decors do not matter anymore.

The reason why I grind so much for the past week was to prove that the RNG is not weighted and its likely 1/8.

Because I spent 10 TEN times the time and I only get one Leurocian Mempo during TOT.

No one should be complaining if you compare this to all other quests to get such rare and useful item.

edited April 2021
    As some said, it's already good it's not one per shard per account. Then you do not need to grind, and less items too. And price of earrings will be... priceless, on auction box, not inside vendor bag.
    edited April 2021
    Seth said:
     @ popps
    Most if not all good and useful arties is obtained via grinding over and over. As I said if you compare to other quests with equally good item drops like shadowguard, Myrmidex, Doom, you kill more monsters + tougher + more time + RNG.

I don't see why anyone should be unhappy with this Yukio. Any simpler would become a Clicky or might as well make it a vet reward.

But why is everyone asking to make this super earring easier to get. Why not cameo, tinker legs, small soul forge, moonstone crystal, etc. Are all these super easy to get than Yukio quest?

You are right about the rng on the latter part. But again as I said if you focus on the one reward that is uniquely sweet in this game, the useless decors do not matter anymore.

The reason why I grind so much for the past week was to prove that the RNG is not weighted and its likely 1/8.

Because I spent 10 TEN times the time and I only get one Leurocian Mempo during TOT.

No one should be complaining if you compare this to all other quests to get such rare and useful item.

I do not have a problem with them being given by the RNG, as I said, as compared to a points' based system, the RNG somewhat "Equalizes" rewards between power and casual gamers....

A Power gamer hitting a bad RNG streak, might have a much harder time to get that Reward as compared to a casual gamer who had a Lucky RNG roll with their 1 or 2 run at that spawn...

I am only asking, considering that it does take time to get these Yukio's "Deco" items, and they "pile up", doing the Quest over and over, that I would like them to be given some purpose, be them Clean Up points or else, to make it less a feeling of having wasted one's own time when one gets them...

Imagine someone doing the Quest over and over like 14+ times and only getting Yukio's Deco items, not a pair of earrings.... how are they going to feel ? What are they now going to do with those 14 Yukio's Deco items ? Doubles, Triples, Quadruples and more ?

If at all, the Devs could make them stackable for the time being until some practical use is given to them aside being mere "Deco".... at least, players would not also have to suffer the additional pain of seeing these items with no use, "also" taking up their storage space....

As I said, just "throwing them away" into a Trash Bin can be hurtfull, after all, they STILL took a player's chunk of their life time to get, and throwing them to the trash bin, could make one feel that they just wasted that chunk of their lifetime if whatever that time invested produced, is then trashed....

That is at least how I see it.
    edited April 2021
    I agree with you, but just focus on the earrings.

When you get an earring it's worth much more than 300,000 cleanup points to exchange those mediocre Talisman. One pair of earrings could easily beat 10x 300,000 cleanup points.

The decors are like the minor arties in previous TO event and not stackable. This is not a major issue.

Don't waste time writing how to save those useless decor. The more you kill the more chances you get the earrings.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,059
    I don't want to pile on but I think it's ironic that popps is complaining yet again about an event. His gripe with the "Treasures Of" (where you get to pick your reward) was that it takes a tamer too long to collect point... now we have an event where realistically with a tamer you can get a reward in under an hour and he's complaining about RNG and it should be something you pick. 

I'm guessing that the desired outcome is that you complete the quest and get the best earrings in the game to date every single time after just 45min-hour worth of play.... you know what better yet how about we just put a clicky in tram to just claim earrings... ahh you know what that's still too much work let's just make them an Earth Day gift and drop them in every players backpack upon log in?

What a joke. IBTL
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    The really funny thing is that @popps has gotten them. He is non stop spamming them for sale! 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,318
    My understanding is. We log in to UO to play the game. If we are running around Tokuno killing stuff, we are playing the game. Yes?
    If some people choose to do one activity in game to the exclusion of any other, thereby turning that activity into a 'grind'. Then that is their choice, they way they choose to play? 
    If, however, a player chooses to vary the activities in the game, thereby increasing their enjoyment of each activity by not turning it into a 'grind' that is also their choice? 
    I have undertaken the quest once per day. I have no intention of gathering earrings to sell, and when I have sufficient for each of my characters I want to wear them I will stop. This is the way I choose to play. 
    I have found a way to use, decoratively, the other items from the quest (pictures in homes & castles). Surplus items will be stored for a short time in case anyone would like to have them at a later date, at which point they will be given away or discarded. 
    I adjust my activities to the world/game. I don't expect the game, or world, to adjust to me.
    edited April 2021
    keven2002 said:
    I don't want to pile on but I think it's ironic that popps is complaining yet again about an event. His gripe with the "Treasures Of" (where you get to pick your reward) was that it takes a tamer too long to collect point... now we have an event where realistically with a tamer you can get a reward in under an hour and he's complaining about RNG and it should be something you pick. 

I'm guessing that the desired outcome is that you complete the quest and get the best earrings in the game to date every single time after just 45min-hour worth of play.... you know what better yet how about we just put a clicky in tram to just claim earrings... ahh you know what that's still too much work let's just make them an Earth Day gift and drop them in every players backpack upon log in?

What a joke. IBTL
    Excuse me ?

I said quite clearly that not only I do NOT have a problem with the RNG but, actually, I see it as an "equalizer" in between power gamers and casual gamers....

That is, a casual gamer with a Lucky RNG roll can still do better then a power gamer with a bad RNG streak....

My only argument is that I would like the Yuki's "Deco" items get some use as they keep piling up and taking stosage space all for nothing, as of now.

How many Abacus, Broken Power Crystals, Bonsais etc. etc. do we really need for display in our UO Homes ?

And what are we going to do with those in excess other then that 1 or 2 that we might want to put up for Display?

THIS, is my argument, not about the unpredictability of the RNG.

I hope that I ws able to better explain my point of view.
    @popps ; Answer, drop them on the ground if you find them so offensive.

Problem solved.  We do not keep every item in a corpse.