Polymorph and Gargoyles - A Request

I love using the various form spells such as polymorph to roleplay difference races especially now that polymorph is a switch spell.  One of the requests I have is to alter the polymorph spell for gargoyles slightly, letting them assume creatures that can fly, such as mongbats, harpies, wild gargoyles, daemons.  Then allow them to continue to use their flight form even in these polymorphed forms.  Pretty please with sugar on top!

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited April 2021
    You can use a polymorph totem with gargoyles and use their fly speed. Would be cool if the fly speed worked with the spell though I agree. 
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    Mystic Polymorph Totems permit flying speed?  That's really nice to know!  Thanks!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited April 2021
    dvvid said:
    You can use a polymorph totem with gargoyles and use their fly speed. Would be cool if the fly speed worked with the spell though I agree. 
    I get a message that says you can not fly in your current form.  What costume do you have in it? 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I have a handful of costumes on polymorph totems and can use flying speed with each. Might have to turn off flight before using to totem then turn it back on. 
    edited April 2021
    OK it kinda works.  There is no animation.  Your stiff toon just moves fast. And you get the message that you cant fly in this form.  I would have bought one for the Ethereal Warrior Costume if it had animations.
    edited April 2021
    Depends what you have I guess. I have mongbat, platinum drake, skeleton, giant pixie, wolf spider... these animate just fine. 

The meer one I have looks like I’m sliding around like Gumby lol... I like that though. 

I use EC, not sure if it matters. 
    dvvid said:
    Depends what you have I guess. I have mongbat, platinum drake, skeleton, giant pixie, wolf spider... these animate just fine. 

The meer one I have looks like I’m sliding around like Gumby lol... I like that though. 

I use EC, not sure if it matters. 
    They animate in Flying mode?  Too bad you cant take them to TC.  I would buy one for the Ethereal Warrior.  Too bad you can not get store items on TC. 
    Example: I'm a gargoyle already in fly mode (fly animation is off in settings because the flapping wings makes it difficult to target stuff near me).

I activate a mystical polymorph totem with a platinum drake costume assigned to it.

Result:

That's Awesome Thanks.  Tempted to buy one and take it to TC to see if the EW costume animates.

Also some of the costumes have an eating animation.  That is based on the creature type. 
    The creatures with an eating animation do more of the tricks correctly with the pet whistle.