Shadowguard and Doom Being Endlessly Scripted

2»

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    username said:
    update: still being multiboxed harder than ever. no one gives a shit

for those asking for evidence, yea what am I going to do, ask them to invite me in to their party and watch them in their OWN INSTANCE? lol
    No matter what evidence is required.

How do you like to get banned one day, just because someone alleged that you committed a crime without providing any evidence? 

But what you said is possible. Perhaps they should have a code that auto sends a log to the GM the moment a group of similar players fire tje same spell or perform similar act within say 1 second repeatedly.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • usernameusername Posts: 693
    edited April 2021
    Seth said:

How do you like to get banned one day, just because someone alleged that you committed a crime without providing any evidence? 

Reading is hard. 

I had already stated that I had evidence that would get removed from these forums and I had forwarded it to the devs. The evidence was provided and they did nothing, hence my post. My post stands.

I have no idea where you even got the idea to ban people as I have never mentioned anything about banning anyone that is doing this (although, if caught, definitely deserve bans don't get me wrong). My original post clearly explains a solution that I proposed and I'm not going to repeat myself. Here's another solution: maybe make these 'instances' observable somehow? Like, click a stone outside and it shows all the players names/chat IDs that are running it?
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited April 2021
    There have been a number of bans on the newsletter. So if not to ban then why do you need to see the evidence again. Sorry I missed that part.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,033
    username said:
    Seth said:

Reading is hard. 

I had already stated that I had evidence that would get removed from these forums and I had forwarded it to the devs. The evidence was provided and they did nothing, hence my post. My post stands.

I have no idea where you even got the idea to ban people as I have never mentioned anything about banning anyone that is doing this (although, if caught, definitely deserve bans don't get me wrong). My original post clearly explains a solution that I proposed and I'm not going to repeat myself. Here's another solution: maybe make these 'instances' observable somehow? Like, click a stone outside and it shows all the players names/chat IDs that are running it?
    Then why do we need to read about it here?  I really do not care.  

You did the proper thing and reported it.  Do you want a cookie now?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2021
    “Before publish 110 you could realistically get 3-5 times more drops on roof, after pub 110 you can only get double roof drops using the trick, so it’s not being exploited more than ever”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Well there is a group on LS that does it nightly, they do not know of this trick to get more drops so it must not be done by using normal target and kill the boss that pops up.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I will explain in full detail only after the exploit has been fully fixed (if it gets fixed), and this thread will become a lot clearer”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Well Username did what he is supposed to do. I wonder if his password is password.
    Pawain said:
    Well Username did what he is supposed to do. I wonder if his password is password.

:D
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    username said:
    Seth said:

Reading is hard. 

And you know for a FACT that nothing was done.  Did you pull up all the Chars unique ID number and the exact same players with the exact same ID numbers are still there.  You do understand that it is UOs policy not to report back to the person paging on someone of the outcome.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,928
    edited April 2021
    Seth said:
    username said:
    update: still being multiboxed harder than ever. no one gives a shit

for those asking for evidence, yea what am I going to do, ask them to invite me in to their party and watch them in their OWN INSTANCE? lol

But what you said is possible. Perhaps they should have a code that auto sends a log to the GM the moment a group of similar players fire tje same spell or perform similar act within say 1 second repeatedly.

Considering how, one would imagine, chances are that those multi-boxing would be doing it with 1 IP address for all boxes to connect to UO, perhaps, just perhaps, Broadsword could look at what clients' IP addresses are logged in and, whenever same IP addresses are found logging into UO at the same one time, send a Message to a Game Master to go there and further investigate.

popps said:
    Seth said:

Considering how, one would imagine, chances are that those multi-boxing would be doing it with 1 IP address for all boxes to connect to UO, perhaps, just perhaps, Broadsword could look at what clients' IP addresses are logged in and, whenever same IP addresses are found logging into UO at the same one time, send a Message to a Game Master to go there and further investigate.

The above is just a comment on possible solution but I am no expert in this. As a player we just need to report what we see and leave the rest to the dev. I don't go around chasing or suspecting things I cannot see... have better things to do with my $9.99 monthly sub than be a police officer in UO.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    Thank you Seth.
    This is indeed what you should do.
This discussion has been closed.