Since when have PS become Shard Bound?

On Baja Vendor

Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    since 3 years ago from halloween spawn khaldun 5 guaratee 120 scrolls during the event but scrolls were shard bound
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,729
    Fortis said:
    since 3 years ago from halloween spawn khaldun 5 guaratee 120 scrolls during the event but scrolls were shard bound
    ahhh, thank you, never did get the PS from that one.  I assume its the Fel side of that event??

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,286
    Sorry to say this might make good sense.  Have seen what has happened on my shard as just a few players are trying to control prices on key scrolls.  Prices have doubled, tripled and more.  Some key scrolls rarely show up for sale now.  Completion on major items appears to have ceased.  Maybe, COVID has taken a toll.  Down hill plunge started during the invasion.  Occasionally, I see completion retuning in some areas but not often.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    I8Arnold7 said:
    Sorry to say this might make good sense.  Have seen what has happened on my shard as just a few players are trying to control prices on key scrolls.  Prices have doubled, tripled and more.  Some key scrolls rarely show up for sale now.  Completion on major items appears to have ceased.  Maybe, COVID has taken a toll.  Down hill plunge started during the invasion.  Occasionally, I see completion retuning in some areas but not often.
    This reply is contradictory.  If a few players are driving the prices up, how would making all scrolls shard bound help that? Those few people would definitely control the price since no outside scrolls could be brought in.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Because they buy all driving local prices to atl prices. If they made all scrolls shardbound, it might force atl players to migrate back to smaller shards, just to have a chance at loot because of how scarce they beome on atl. Not for it tho.
    Just know what I see.  Two years ago there was real completion but little by little it has disappeared.  Some have said most good items regardless of where obtained end up being taken to Atlantic and sold there.  Don’t know for sure if that is true but do know that they are not being sold here.  I would probably do the same if I could travel from one shard to another.  Farm here and sell there.  But that is a process that contributed to the situation we have now with all but one or two shards having low populations.  Think management is trying to reverse that and commend them for that.

Arnold7 said:
    Just know what I see.  Two years ago there was real completion but little by little it has disappeared.  Some have said most good items regardless of where obtained end up being taken to Atlantic and sold there.  Don’t know for sure if that is true but do know that they are not being sold here.  I would probably do the same if I could travel from one shard to another.  Farm here and sell there.  But that is a process that contributed to the situation we have now with all but one or two shards having low populations.  Think management is trying to reverse that and commend them for that.

Popps does not understand this either.

I travel to Atlantic often either using a transfer or using another players transfer.  I rarely take anything there, I bring things to LS.

Many items that are sold on Atlantic do not stay on Atlantic.  They are bought and taken to other shards where they are then consumed.

Atlantic is the storage facility.  An item from Chesapeake may wanted on Napa.  The person playing on Napa may never find that item if they had to get to Chessy and find the player who has it.  But, since we have a warehouse, any player can find an item.  We have no idea where it came from when we buy it.

Things do not go to Atlantic and disappear.

Yes, prices on many shards are set by Atlantic prices.  On LS, the first thing someone does when they do not know the value of an item is to go look on VS on Atlantic.  Why?  Because that is the only place to find many item prices.

Go to some shards and do a Vendor search.  Set price high to low to eliminate junk. Choose not Fel to see almost every item.  Some shards have very few pages of items on VS.

We need a warehouse. 
    Not all of us can travel to Atlantic.  For those us that can’t travel, we can’t go anywhere else to buy something we can’t get here.  Shard bound items might not help us much since some one still has to farm them and those players appear to be disappearing, but never know it might make more available. I don’t make purchases from third party internet vendors so it is just what shows up on vendor search for me.  Would be a lot easier if vendor search could be expanded to cover all shards and purchases where placed in the purchaser’s bank box or backpack but don’t see much support for that from management or the player base.
    Sounds like you should meet more players or play single player games.  I brought things back from Atlantic four times last week. I only used one of my own trips.

There are plenty of players that would help you out. This supposed to be a MMO game.

But if you want to play it as a single player game then you have to deal without help killing mobs or help getting items moved around.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Norry said:
    Because they buy all driving local prices to atl prices. If they made all scrolls shardbound, it might force atl players to migrate back to smaller shards, just to have a chance at loot because of how scarce they beome on atl. Not for it tho.
    That's not how it works. The freer the market the lower the prices. At least right now, everyone competes at Atl prices. You make scrolls shard bound, and it would be incredibly easy for a small group or even one person to create a complete monopoly on smaller shards.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Norry said:
    Just like the mastery, it will do nothing because people will just take their toons there, eat scroll and go home.
    Arnold7 said:
    Not all of us can travel to Atlantic.  For those us that can’t travel, we can’t go anywhere else to buy something we can’t get here.  Shard bound items might not help us much since some one still has to farm them and those players appear to be disappearing, but never know it might make more available. I don’t make purchases from third party internet vendors so it is just what shows up on vendor search for me.  Would be a lot easier if vendor search could be expanded to cover all shards and purchases where placed in the purchaser’s bank box or backpack but don’t see much support for that from management or the player base.
    Arnold7 said:
    Call out in Gen Chat, join a guild that has Shard Shields, post here on the forums of what you need and where you need it at.
  • The Khal Ankur Champ Spawn in Khaldun, Fel, had a 100% chance to drop 6 120s (12 if Protected), but they were Shard Bound. It happened again this last October, just most people didn't notice.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408

The Khal Ankur Champ Spawn in Khaldun, Fel, had a 100% chance to drop 6 120s (12 if Protected), but they were Shard Bound. It happened again this last October, just most people didn't notice.

not six 120 it s 4-5
    Nice thing about the Shard Bonded one is that they are normally cheaper because they can't be taken to Atl for resell.  I do Shard runs and have a few of them on different shards and when I am ready to apply them to my pet then I will take him on the run with me and let him eat the PS and then on to the next.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,729
    Bilbo said:
    Norry said:
    Just like the mastery, it will do nothing because people will just take their toons there, eat scroll and go home.
    Had a friend do that, he had the shields and used them to go there and back after eating what he needed as prices on Sonoma were three time higher.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    I did the same thing and I have shard bound 120s on other shards that were half the price of Atl.