guys really dropped the ball on this one

2»

Comments

• JepethJepeth Posts: 508
    Kyronix said:
    Lex said:
    @ Kyronix
    will these earrings be available in the future? Or have some way of repairing them? Would be said if once they are used, they are gone. Jewels not being pof:able and all.
    They will be available for the duration of the event cycle.  As to whether we add them to future distributions remains TBD.
    As always we appreciate the answers that help clarify things!

These are fun rewards and an interesting quest experience. Especially as we can take new and returners along to show them the ropes around Tokuno. I hope you'll consider adding it to future distributions.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    This is part two of a four part event.  Part 1 is permanent.
    How do you know ?

I found no Developer's Post nor any Meet & Greet or Newletter where it might be indicated that the current Quest to get the Yukio's items is permanent....

It might be, but it might be not.... until we have an official information about it, we just don't know...
    Because kyronix just said it will be active until the event cycle ends. Which will be mid July.

I bet nobody will still be doing this in July.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    This is part two of a four part event.  Part 1 is permanent.
    How do you know ?

I found no Developer's Post nor any Meet & Greet or Newletter where it might be indicated that the current Quest to get the Yukio's items is permanent....

It might be, but it might be not.... until we have an official information about it, we just don't know...
    Because kyronix just said it will be active until the event cycle ends. Which will be mid July.

I bet nobody will still be doing this in July.

you see pawain kyronix answer you were wrong again so please next time we dont need your statement when you dont know. the only thing permanent are balck market items...
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    July is permanent?   SMH
    I said there is no reason this could not be permanent. It does not affect normal gameplay.

Lasting till mid July is a long time since there is a 1 in 8 chance to get the earrings. Come back in July and tell me you are still trying to get earrings.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 169
    Pawain said:
    I said there is no reason this could not be permanent. It does not affect normal gameplay.

Lasting till mid July is a long time since there is a 1 in 8 chance to get the earrings. Come back in July and tell me you are still trying to get earrings.
    how does this not affect normal game play? you got 10-30 people constantly farming sleeping dragon now, thats not normal, its almost impossible to try to tame a fire beetle right now, thats not normal, i normally farm shadow eles for the ore to make my barding deeds, thats impossible right now, again thats not normal.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    I must say I have done alot and I got 5 now. 4 on my main shard and 1 on a second. 

If one week is 5, one month 20, on target. Subsequent months will be bonus. I will not wait for July to know if this is permanent. Does not matter by then. If you don't have time to gather enough will be able to buy from others. 

Simple quests, non shard bound will always ensure supply exceed demand and price will be lower.

If there is anything to ask for, it should be pof-able.

And it should have a proper tag like brittle or antique. Alot of arties are missing that for a long time, not sure why.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs

Seth said:
    I must say I have done alot and I got 5 now. 4 on my main shard and 1 on a second. 

If one week is 5, one month 20, on target. Subsequent months will be bonus. I will not wait for July to know if this is permanent. Does not matter by then. If you don't have time to gather enough will be able to buy from others. 

Simple quests, non shard bound will always ensure supply exceed demand and price will be lower.

If there is anything to ask for, it should be pof-able.

And it should have a proper tag like brittle or antique. Alot of arties are missing that for a long time, not sure why.

i have done it 15 times still no earring and know for some people it s worst...so how many time you did the quest for 5 earrings...not many people can play more than couple hours per week....and the fact they say it will end no way this item will become cheap
    edited April 2021
    @Fortis I will post a screenshot shortly but agreed its not easy. On my second shard I got one around 8th time. For my main shard got the first about 5th time but 2nd one was super long maybe 15 or 20 before I got one. Then the last 2 was almost back to back with 2 -3 in between. 

It's really RNG. Some deco items are 8 or more while some are even lesser than the earrings. Some players could be getting the 8 earrings instead but not everybody read or post in this forum.
    edited April 2021
    It's like the slither and tinker legs. Some with luck say get it after less than 10 tries. Some may need 100 tries to get it. This system is not really new... its just the choice for this event when most are pampered with blackthorn type of point system. Maybe some like this quest better because they don't miss the paragons.
    edited April 2021
    My main shard: 4 out of 42

My second shard: 1 out of 15

I cannot say for sure that I prefer the previous event more than this. Even though I use a sampire and he can deal with the paragons, I only have the energy to get 4 Morphius Epaulettes for entire event. Due to the fact that it was shard bound I was forced to do it on 3 shards instead and the score was 2, 1, 1. After that I rested even though I like the Epaulette so much.

I foresee that I can do this Yukio much longer. Check out this routine:

1) Clear Yomotsu mine first for the elder and priest because we cannot recall inside. For warriors, fight them in larger groups in the forest outside the mine.
    2) Go to sleeping dragon and check the tier. If its tier 2 then you are lucky to clear the beetles and Kappas in record time. 
    3) For the rest, mark out alot of runes so that you go hopping around if one place is busy just recall to the next (like Deceit and Ice Dungeon we did the same).
    - Don't just mark one rune for say the Kappa Lake. The place is huge, mark all the locations instead of running even when its just say 2 screens away or so. E.g. some mobs are separated by a river, I will mark both sides.

I use runebook default locations and they are still growing whenever I find a spot. Most locations have at least 2 spots, north and south, etc. For EC, some may use the hotbar for this.

edited April 2021
    Whitewolf said:
    Pawain said:

how does this not affect normal game play? you got 10-30 people constantly farming sleeping dragon now, thats not normal, its almost impossible to try to tame a fire beetle right now, thats not normal, i normally farm shadow eles for the ore to make my barding deeds, thats impossible right now, again thats not normal.

It sounds like we were the only shard that still did Sleeping Dragon.  None of us are disrupted. I'm getting pinks left and right. That's a good thing that new and returning players can get gold and primers off the ground.

Fire beetles, you don't have to go to the end for the quest. There is a spot where an elder and a priest spawn in a cul de sac.  Someone taming the fire beetle is not bothering the quest players and vice versa. The Shadow eles are moved around but you can always take the one you want to a cul de sac for pet skilling and no one will bother you.  And the shadow eles are not part of the quest, nobody cares if you kill them except for tamers who skill pets on them.  Sinking and looting ships yield a lot more colored ingots than eles do.

Impossible? Really?  Sounds more like you do not know what is normal is in Tokuno. A lot of players are just now discovering that seeds come from Mobs there.  I brought 7 garden beds from Atl for a player.

It's like the devs do know so they made the things we use in Tokuno not part of the quest.
    edited April 2021
    Now its 5 Out of 44 on my main shard, I missed 2 and then got it again.

RNG! I bet some lucky players among us could have even 9 of those earrings instead of the 9 similar power crystal decor below.

Pls consider giving some cleanup points for the decor items...
    also consider making the earring pofable :#

edited April 2021
    Last report, not going to post further on this.
    6 out of 45 on this shard, this one is back to back following the 5th.
    RNG. Total I have 7 in 2 shards.

Just keep grinding. If all of you can beat the invasion, this one is peanuts.

edited April 2021
    Seth said:
    Last report, not going to post further on this.
    6 out of 45 on this shard, this one is back to back following the 5th.
    RNG. Total I have 7 in 2 shards.

Just keep grinding. If all of you can beat the invasion, this one is peanuts.

you post was edited yesterday on both server you were already at 57 runs for the quest you know that 95% of the player base will not do this quest 57 times by the end of this event...you are a hardcore player dont compare this result with normal people who have real life occupation who can barely play 3-4 hour a week or less
    edited April 2021
    Fortis said:

you post was edited yesterday on both server you were already at 57 runs for the quest you know that 95% of the player base will not do this quest 57 times by the end of this event...you are a hardcore player dont compare this result with normal people who have real life occupation who can barely play 3-4 hour a week or less

Yeah, I understand but as I said this player base has been through tougher quests and grinding. I think the main difference is that past two dungeon events allow players to pick the items. They are by no means easier for players who have "no time".

If I am hardcore, my TOT only has 1 leurocian mempo, Deceit has 4 Morphius epaulette at the end of entire event. For this event, its barely a week and I happen to have more time over the weekend and these few days. Just some statistics which I hope can inspire others that you can do to achieve the same or better slowly over the next few months. If you don't have time to play, then Treasure of Deceit also requires time to burn to get 100 points for each reward, and there are dozens of paragons to deal with. (Correction: TOT was worse, the lucky mempo drop rate was atrocious)

In any case, I am supportive of future events being able to pick the rewards after getting 100 points etc.

Pawain said:
    Whitewolf said:
    Pawain said:

It sounds like we were the only shard that still did Sleeping Dragon.  None of us are disrupted. I'm getting pinks left and right. That's a good thing that new and returning players can get gold and primers off the ground.

Fire beetles, you don't have to go to the end for the quest. There is a spot where an elder and a priest spawn in a cul de sac.  Someone taming the fire beetle is not bothering the quest players and vice versa. The Shadow eles are moved around but you can always take the one you want to a cul de sac for pet skilling and no one will bother you.  And the shadow eles are not part of the quest, nobody cares if you kill them except for tamers who skill pets on them.  Sinking and looting ships yield a lot more colored ingots than eles do.

Impossible? Really?  Sounds more like you do not know what is normal is in Tokuno. A lot of players are just now discovering that seeds come from Mobs there.  I brought 7 garden beds from Atl for a player.

It's like the devs do know so they made the things we use in Tokuno not part of the quest.
    ok go tell that to everyone in the fire beetle area spamming EQ, whirlwind and thunderstorm, i really dont care i have no reason to tame one, was just pointing out how absurd your comment is about it not affecting regular game play, and as far is shadow ingots go, ya id love to see farm 30k in shadow ingots in an hour farming pirates.
    So you are complaining that people would damage a mob that needs to be near dead to tame?

Fire beetles spawn in a large area. And respawn very fast.
    If they kill one, move the next one away from them, you still have to almost kill it to tame it.

I don't know about per hour on ingots but I have so many now that I call out in chat when I have to kill merchant ships and ask if anyone wants resources because I don't need anymore.
    edited April 2021
    I am thinking it would be easier for me to farm the shadow eles or tame a fire beetle, if someone takes care of the Yomotsu. After the quest ends, I think these monsters will become an irritation.
    Pawain said:
    So you are complaining that people would damage a mob that needs to be near dead to tame?

If they kill one, move the next one away from them, you still have to almost kill it to tame it.

I don't know about per hour on ingots but I have so many now that I call out in chat when I have to kill merchant ships and ask if anyone wants resources because I don't need anymore.
    OMG again i was just pointing out how absurd you comment was, im not complaining. I dont tame fire beetles and i have enough shadow ingots to last me till this event is over.
    edited April 2021
    Whitewolf said:
    Pawain said:

OMG again i was just pointing out how absurd you comment was, im not complaining. I dont tame fire beetles and i have enough shadow ingots to last me till this event is over.
    I did not work very well since I explained how the event being there really does not affect normal gameplay.  You can actually play easier since you wont time out while skilling your pet on a Shadow ele since players are running around.  And those players will actually kill the things they drag on you accidentally.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,318
    Whitewolf said:
    ok go tell that to everyone in the fire beetle area spamming EQ, whirlwind and thunderstorm, i really dont care i have no reason to tame one, was just pointing out how absurd your comment is about it not affecting regular game play, and as far is shadow ingots go, ya id love to see farm 30k in shadow ingots in an hour farming pirates.
    Actually, I do have a reason to tame fire beetles. I stock a Magincia stall on Europa. So far I have re-stocked the fire beetle twice. All I had to do was say that I needed to tame one and the players in that area allowed me the chance to lure one up to the far corner before continuing to kill the required mobs. A little communication and courtesy goes a long way, I find.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 266
    I believe I've seen this mentioned before, if others are in area there is no need to kill the required critters, just do some damage on it which gives you credit and allows others to whack it as well.  This works very well at Lake Kappa and inside the Yom mines and Tsuki areas.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,061
    edited April 2021
    Yea I've noticed some pretty good etiquette on ATL most of the time; especially for Kappa/beetles. People will usually 1 hit and run to the next if they know others are there getting the same thing.

Can anyone tell me what macro I can setup (in CC) that will allow me to attack a target (ie kappa or beetles) very quickly on a sampire during the Sleeping Dragon spawn with a single button or 2?

I'm on ATL and unless I'm playing before 9am it's almost impossible to fill my kappa/beetle quota with one spawn because so many people are there spamming thunderstorm or other sampires are spamming whirlwind it's hard to really target something before it dies (I'm in combat mode double clicking the targets which is sometimes hard to do while running up to something to try to get a hit). It gets a little tiring doing this at kappa lake too just constantly double clicking.

Thanks!
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2021
    “Select nearest - hostile
    attack selected target
    (one macro)

however it is bugged on both clients to attack non hostile targets (friendly summons)

Also be careful using this in fel as it is also bugged to attack your own guild members if they are red or criminal”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,061
    edited April 2021
    Thank you @Yoshi

Do I need to have the new targeting system enabled or anything? It doesn't seem to be attacking anything with just those 2 lines (I do not have targeting system enabled).

*edit: I did need to enable the targeting system for that to work.