guys really dropped the ball on this one

first i wanna say, the new areas look really neat, the art place in ter mur, the kennels, the soulstone place in tokuno good job on those they look really nice, but then we get to the quest rewards renamed purple power crystal, renamed bonsai tree, renamed jack o lantern carving kit, you guys couldnt even take the time to alter the color or change the art by a little bit? walking into the new areas made me excited, then when i saw the quest rewards was a huge let down.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I use power crystals as part of my deco. Some people don't know that they flash when you lock them down. The broken power Crystal does not flash when locked down. It truly is broken. As for the bonsai. I agree with you on that one. Especially since it's the common bonsai.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Have you double clicked on the items?  The true purpose and intent of these rewards is the backstory contained within.  We have other delivery routes for new pieces of art, uniquely hued items, etc.  If that's not your cup of tea, it's understandable and appreciate the feedback none-the-less.  
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    People will really complain about everything these days, no matter what, huh?

- They could have made the "Where is Yukio?" quest a chain off of the Hook's Map portion, locking it behind 150k doubloons -- They didn't.
    - They could have made the "Where is Yukio?" quest a 1-time quest, forcing people to pay hundred of millions (if not more) for the Earrings -- They didn't.
    - They could have had only deco/lore rewards and no usable equipment -- They didn't.

The quest is very accessible by being repeatable, you don't need to drag your crafter through it, just take your best fighter.

The rewards cater to multiple crowds -- those that like deco/lore, and those that like usable equipment. 

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    The items are puzzle pieces. Each time you finish that quest you are *one step closer* to finding yukio. The discription of each item holds a clue. I think it's brilliant.

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I understand what the OP is saying. It's not that he minds the deco rewards so much but they could have altered them just a tiny bit. Take the crucible - its just one of the refinement art rehued. He wishes they would have at least rehued some of the others like they did with the crucible. 
    The OP just has a bad title for the thread. 

I have tons of plants at my house. Including the normal bonsai, the ones we can make that are all the colors, and black and white ones.

I will collect each reward and display the ones with lore.

I only have issue with the bonsai. You can not tell it is different from a common bonsai. If she cared about it so much it should look different so someone would hover over it.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    I also understand the OP, but I stand on the side that feels its OK.

There are already alot of rare decor to choose from.

You rarely get anything really good for a less used, equipment slot and it's a non shard bound earring. It increases two max spec for all character without affecting its current template.

For me, one solid reward like this beats 100 mediocre or pretty items. There are already 1000s to choose from including EM rares.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Khyro said:

- They could have made the "Where is Yukio?" quest a chain off of the Hook's Map portion, locking it behind 150k doubloons -- They didn't.
    - They could have made the "Where is Yukio?" quest a 1-time quest, forcing people to pay hundred of millions (if not more) for the Earrings -- They didn't.
    - They could have had only deco/lore rewards and no usable equipment -- They didn't.

The quest is very accessible by being repeatable, you don't need to drag your crafter through it, just take your best fighter.

The rewards cater to multiple crowds -- those that like deco/lore, and those that like usable equipment. 

1000%. Especially after just reading the other thread where someone seems to be complaining about the earrings with SDI being power creep. I think the only joy some people get is complaining about things that give joy to others.
    Having an opinion that some of the items could have used more imagination is not complaining.

The SDI dude can choose not to wear them if he dont want to have so much SDI.
    Best answer to what the other items are for so far:

:D 
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    You simply cant please everyone.  

People (many of them) chimed in on dev threads specifically asking for new shield and earring options.  Now that we have them, its power creep....

but to the OPs comment.  Yes rng sucks, but it is Rng.  I got earrings my first round, didnt get a second set until round 24, and had 5 pairs by round 36. 
    Its completely random, a guildie got 3 pairs in 6 runs.   Luck of the draw. 
    Dont want to grind? Buy em off players.  Dont like atlantic prices? They seem to be selling for much cheaper on other shards. 
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    Also the deco is admittedly a little lack lustre. 
    I like deco pieces, but these are kinda meh. 

*clicks abacus*
  • LexLex Posts: 38
    @Kyronix
    will these earrings be available in the future? Or have some way of repairing them? Would be said if once they are used, they are gone. Jewels not being pof:able and all.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Khyro said:

Well, the biggest Gripe that I have with the new Quest is precisely Hook's Treasure Map....

I was expecting the Quest to be the way to get that "experteese" as an "Artifact Treasure Hunter" to then be able to "decypher" Hook's Treasure Map to go DIG IT UP some place and find new Monsters but also cool, new Artifact items within the Chest....

Instead, what I got was the Hook's Treasure Map to only be a "handout" to a NPC in order to progress in the Quest but to end up where to ?

Having to kill about 80 or 90 MoBs to then get a random item....

The ddecided use of Hook's Treasure Map was totally underwhelming for me.

It should have been used, instead, as a TRUE Treasure Map to go out there and dig up a cool Treasure Chest with a whole new level of loot inside.

Totally underwhelming for me.

I hope that whatever the Developers may have in mind for Thieves involvement in the "Treasure of...." type of Dynamic Events will NOT be as underwhelming and disappointing as this one.

That is at least my opinion of this.

@popps - I'd actually agree with the Hook's Map comment. I was a little disappointed that an item selling for 150k doubloons on the black market only returned an action figure but I'm glad they didn't cement it in to be something you needed for the earrings because of the 150k doubloon price tag.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I'm assuming either a Tinker or Alchemist w/glassblowing sub-skill will be able to repair earrings...

tinkering can repair
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    Kyronix said:
    Have you double clicked on the items?  The true purpose and intent of these rewards is the backstory contained within.  We have other delivery routes for new pieces of art, uniquely hued items, etc.  If that's not your cup of tea, it's understandable and appreciate the feedback none-the-less.  
    ya  i must apologize i did jump the gun a little bit here and over reacted, over all i really like the story line and the event, and really like most of the new items, the glass tool kit, crucible and a few others are really neat, yea i wish it wasnt a renamed power crystal and wish the bonsia didint look like ever other purple bonsia out there, but over all good job on the event and the new way of telling a story i really like it and really hoping there is a part 2 and we aren't left in the dark as to what happen to Yukio to much longer :)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    keven2002 said:
    @ popps - I'd actually agree with the Hook's Map comment. I was a little disappointed that an item selling for 150k doubloons on the black market only returned an action figure but I'm glad they didn't cement it in to be something you needed for the earrings because of the 150k doubloon price tag.
    this comment actually gave me an idea...
    what if...

the action figure is like the deemon statue that we used at the daemon temple.
    (but used at one of the Tokuno shrines)
    say some specific wording and the action figure comes to life.
    It is possessed by whoever caused Yukio to disappear.
    (has Titan like abilities)
    top damagers  are guaranteed a gargoyle version of Yukio's earrings
    with resists.
    edited April 2021
    They could have made this the 1 per account per shard item we get from the upcoming spawn.

That would put players who do not have shard shields and only play one shard at a disadvantage.
    I hopped around and got 10 to 15 band aide belts.

Hopefully the spawn item will be on par with these earrings.. That is a high bar.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    yeah the way to get them is terrible....i did 14 quest and still ahve zero earrings...so let s say it s 40 minutes to do the quest so it s 8 hour playing the game witch is a lot....it s not everybody who can spend that much time in game if this quest is only for one month. turn in event at least are fine if it take you 3-4 hours gathering the turn in you need at least you can get your item. presently this earring is the worst item in game to farm because it takes 40 minutes and you have 7/8 to receive an item that people starting to put on the ground after 3 days....im not saying this earring should be very easy to get but the way it is design someone can spend th months doing it one time each day and dont get it
    Nobody said this will last 1 month.  Like I have explained in other threads, there is no reason this will end.  Last years quest is still going.

And when the next event starts you will probably have 10 earrings or as many as you want and have stopped doing it.

This is not a spawn that takes an area. This is not a 1 month dungeon.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Pawain said:
    Nobody said this will last 1 month.  Like I have explained in other threads, there is no reason this will end.  Last years quest is still going.

And when the next event starts you will probably have 10 earrings or as many as you want and have stopped doing it.

This is not a spawn that takes an area. This is not a 1 month dungeon.

Pawain you dont know the duration so stop comparing this to a virtue quest deco...this yukio quest is related with the present event for this month...
    edited April 2021
    This is part two of a four part event.  Part 1 is permanent.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    How do you know ?

I found no Developer's Post nor any Meet & Greet or Newletter where it might be indicated that the current Quest to get the Yukio's items is permanent....

It might be, but it might be not.... until we have an official information about it, we just don't know...
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    And the fact that the little trinket box on Amoeba Island seems to have gone AWOL lends to that thought that either A. It got tired of people poking at it and it left the island (Flashbacks of the show LOST....YOU CAN'T EVER LEAVE THE ISLAND!) OR B. you can't do that part of the quest anymore....which doesn't make sense because the keywords still work......or C. it just needs to be re-populated with more.....

But I might have to agree with Pawain that this part of the event quest will be around for a bit...I hope so anyway because I am taking my time with it...only done it 4 times so far.

popps said:
    Pawain said:
    How do you know ?

I found no Developer's Post nor any Meet & Greet or Newletter where it might be indicated that the current Quest to get the Yukio's items is permanent....

It might be, but it might be not.... until we have an official information about it, we just don't know...
    I think he was referring to Part 1 being the new items added to the Black market (ie Hook shield etc) which was the first thing we got (Pirate's Life) and this is Souless Seduction (ie part 2) then we get Alchemist something and then Treasures of Wildfire (4 parts).

Everything above has been in Newsletters or M&G.

I tend to agree with @Pawain on this being available for longer than a month given that the actual reward part of the quest (Yokami the quest giver) takes up very little space and it's only 1 NPC and you are killing existing mobs (nothing was added for this). 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Lex said:
    @ Kyronix
    will these earrings be available in the future? Or have some way of repairing them? Would be said if once they are used, they are gone. Jewels not being pof:able and all.
    They will be available for the duration of the event cycle.  As to whether we add them to future distributions remains TBD.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    For those players that can complete this quest in an hour or so, which appears to be the case for most of the posters, having an almost 90% chance of getting a reward that has absolutely no practical use is not a problem they can just do the quest over and over again as some of the posters already have, until they get what they want.  But, for those of us that have to work for several days to complete a quest, like this one, that has an almost 90% probability of rewarding the player with a worthless piece of junk that is is not an incentive to continue playing.  My player can solo solo dragons and has soloed the Yamandon several times in the past so he is not a weak player but it takes him some time to find and kill the 161 kills required for this quest.  And, to do this for a 90% chance of getting a piece of junk?  I don’t think so.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Kyronix said:
    Lex said:
    @ Kyronix
    They will be available for the duration of the event cycle.  As to whether we add them to future distributions remains TBD.
    event cycle...
    does that mean it concludes at the end of Treasures of Wildfire?