new earrings and gargoyles....

gargoyles kinda left in cold here.... we already have an SDI earring spot and no way we can lose any resistance by giving up the earring spot for this sweet new item
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    Let me use this thread to discuss the new earring and recent SDI for items only.

Prior to this, human/elf item SDI max is 160, and after adding Hook's shield and earring the max item-based SDI is now 185.
    Invasion Spellbook: 50
    Hook's Shield: 10
    Scholar's Halo (Head): 15
    Pendant of Magi (Neck): 5
    Jumu's Sacred Hide (Cloak): 5
    Cuff of Archmage (Arm): 20
    Compassion's Eye (Ring): 20
    Spell Woven Britches (Legs): 10
    Earring: 15
    Hawkwind's Robe: 5
    Protector of Battle Mage (Chest): 5
    Bracelet (Loot): 18
    Greymists Gloves: 2
    Wizard's Curio (Talisman): 5
    1) In line with what the OP has said, I think it would be nice if the gargoyle's suit can be configured with matching SDI.

2) Also note that max SDI suit has 3FC and 5 FCR, which is not maxed up yet so there are other equipment slot which may be used to add these (maybe there can be a 1FC, 1FCR sash in future). Right now, I think the only way to increase further is 1FC via town buff, but there is no way for FCR (max is 5 for max SDI).

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot of the Garg version of Yukio's Glass Earrings.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Seth said:

Minax's Sandals: 5

?
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited April 2021
    Yoshi said:
    Seth said:

Minax's Sandals: 5

?

Sorry that's a typo, definitely not an exploit! :D
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited April 2021
    McDougle said:
    gargoyles kinda left in cold here.... we already have an SDI earring spot and no way we can lose any resistance by giving up the earring spot for this sweet new item
    Which is kinda hyronical, considering how the whole thing starts in the Royal City, right behind the Gargoyle Queen's palace....

Why there is nothing for Gargoyles this one time and, especially, for an Event Quest which involves Gargoyles NPCs all along the Quest line so much ?

@Kyronix ?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    Which is kinda hyronical, considering how the whole thing starts in the Royal City, right behind the Gargoyle Queen's palace....

Why there is nothing for Gargoyles this one time and, especially, for an Event Quest which involves Gargoyles NPCs all along the Quest line so much ?

@ Kyronix ?
    What is hyronical?  Are you trying to say ironic
    edited April 2021
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This page may hold information useful in this discussion
    Mariah said:
    "Some of the armour on this list is gargoyle only such as Mantle of the Fallen, @Mariah could you correct this list please?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    That is a comprehensive list of sdi arties.

Does anyone have the max sdi suit for gargoyle listed like the above for humans or elves?

I had a tamer mage gargoyle in the past but changed to elf because of the gear. I did not have good items for gargoyles.
    Yoshi said:
    Mariah said:
    "Some of the armour on this list is gargoyle only such as Mantle of the Fallen, @ Mariah could you correct this list please?"

Following the links to the artifact pages gives an image for the item, which can then clearly be seen to be a gargoyle item.
    Similarly items that are 'elves only' are not noted on artifact pages. Does anyone else feel these additions to all existing artifact pages are necessary?
    "the wiki is for new players more so than existing"
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Mariah said:
    Yoshi said:
    Mariah said:
    "Some of the armour on this list is gargoyle only such as Mantle of the Fallen, @ Mariah could you correct this list please?"

Following the links to the artifact pages gives an image for the item, which can then clearly be seen to be a gargoyle item.
    Similarly items that are 'elves only' are not noted on artifact pages. Does anyone else feel these additions to all existing artifact pages are necessary?
    Pendant of the magi can be worn by gargoyles as is. Nothing shows it on the pages you linked.  So in fact you need to get all those arties and try? Just because you have no time to add this info to the Wiki?  At least add option "Can be used by gargoyles" and "can be altered" to vendor search.   Current "Gargoyles only" does not include lots of equipment. 
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot of the Garg version of Yukio's Glass Earrings.
    No garg version. Yukio earrings is all-race ones. You just remove your Dr Spector lenses and put on those earrings. Then you check resists, MR, etc, take them off,  transferring to some human or elf toon. 
    Of course Holmes in Ter Mur laughs at gargoyles. Race who has no idea how to wear glasses and earring at the same time is miserable and should have less luck in their adventures. They also have queen who gives very hard quest with awesome reward:  book. Yes, just a book. For killing 50-150 minions of Scelestus. Book!!

BTW, gargoyles can have SDI bonus. you just need to have your hp decreased by 80%. So devs nerfed even this quite useless perk. 
    edited April 2021
    Back to OP's point is that the earring for humans/elves is an extra slot above the usual 6 piece armor resist suit. So the specs from this earring is a bonus (so I wonder why some called this reward a trash in the other thread).

But for Gargoyle, the earring slot is one of the armor, so using this earring will reduce overall resist.

By looking at the max sdi suit for gargoyle, we can see clearer which slots are still lacking. Currently this info is not readily available (or anyone has a link?) in that they are out there but not a summarized and usable (handpicked item) list like the above 185 SDI for humans which we already know what to get. I guess we have to go TC and try out ourselves.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    It is time to phase out gargoyles from the game completely. They are a race that never should have been introduced in the first place especially with unique armor models. Need to just force race change every gargoyle and remove gargoyle drops from the game.
    I've gone through the lists and made changes. Please let me know if I've missed any. @Gwen I can add to the wiki, just takes me some time, there are rather a lot of artifact pages.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited April 2021
    Seth said:
    By looking at the max sdi suit for gargoyle, we can see clearer which slots are still lacking. Currently this info is not readily available (or anyone has a link?) in that they are out there but not a summarized and usable (handpicked item) list like the above 185 SDI for humans which we already know what to get. I guess we have to go TC and try out ourselves.
    I tried to 'match' the list above, it's not totally possible, but I got fairly close?

Invasion Spellbook: 50  - Can do, all races
        Hook's Shield: 10 - Can use, all races
        Scholar's Halo (Head): 15  wizards crystal reading glasses (converted) 15
        Pendant of Magi (Neck): 5 - all races
        Jumu's Sacred Hide (Cloak): 5 has gargoyle version, or can be converted
        Cuff of Archmage (Arm): 20 - converted (npc in Royal city)
        Compassion's Eye (Ring): 20 all races
        Spell Woven Britches (Legs)/Kelp leggings: 10/8  (thanks @Pawain )
        Earring: 15 - stuck on that
        Hawkwind's Robe: 5 - can't remember if gargoyles can wear this?
        Protector of Battle Mage (Chest): 5 - mantle of the fallen 5
        Bracelet (Loot): 18 - all races
        Greymists Gloves: 2 - summoners kilt 5
        Wizard's Curio (Talisman): 5 - all races.

So, can't do anything about the earrings.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    @Mariah ; Enchanted Kelp woven leggings have 8% SDI.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Gwen said:
    Wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot of the Garg version of Yukio's Glass Earrings.
    No garg version. Yukio earrings is all-race ones. You just remove your Dr Spector lenses and put on those earrings. Then you check resists, MR, etc, take them off,  transferring to some human or elf toon. 
    Of course Holmes in Ter Mur laughs at gargoyles. Race who has no idea how to wear glasses and earring at the same time is miserable and should have less luck in their adventures. They also have queen who gives very hard quest with awesome reward:  book. Yes, just a book. For killing 50-150 minions of Scelestus. Book!!

BTW, gargoyles can have SDI bonus. you just need to have your hp decreased by 80%. So devs nerfed even this quite useless perk. 
    You just remove your Dr Spector lenses and put on those earrings.

Well, at least to my opinion, that's not the same effect....

For Humans and Elves, the earring slot is pretty much an unused slot, so, using the Yukio's earrings on a Human or Elf would effectively be a "bonus"...

That is, they can have their Dr. Spector's Lenses AND the Yukio's earrings.....

But on a Gargoyle ?

It is Either Or........

As @Seth well pointed out.... "But for Gargoyle, the earring slot is one of the armor, so using this earring will reduce overall resist."

That is, Gargoyles seem to be at a loss here.....

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited April 2021
    Spell woven britches can be altered (from memory).

Hawkwinds would require a transmogrification potion or a converted tabard.
    Merus said:

Confirmed, spell woven britches can be altered. just tried it on test center.
    Merus said:

Confirmed, spell woven britches can be altered. just tried it on test center.
    So now Elves and gargoyles have the advantage on Pants... Whine whine whine.
    Oy! don't shout at me!  I was only answering questions. :D
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    just give me 15sdi 125 luck horn accents please ;)
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    here is my gargoyle now only at 124 using a scrappers and no hawkwinds so could get 160ish easy . also due to lower resistance on the gargoyle pieces stuck using non SDI legs and neck pieces or not have all 70s resistance and will never get the benny of the SDI earrings everyone else will enjoy 
    edited April 2021
    Seth said:
    I tried to 'match' the list above, it's not totally possible, but I got fairly close?

Spell Woven Britches (Legs)/Kelp leggings: 10/8  (thanks @ Pawain )

Thanks @Petra_Fyde
    So the above I calculated 168 max SDI minus earrings and Hawkwind's Robe.

I think they need a gargoyle earring artifact, like the Cuff of Archmage with SDI and resist, and a Hawkwind equivalent. Assuming these two works, then the total SDI will be 188 max for gargoyle.

Hey... its 188, higher than humans, how can this happen. Its not fair @McDougle ;
    :D
    Gargoyles have a missing spot on the paperdoll.  So, they would have to redo that.  I would be ok with a horn ornament or nose ring slot.  Could have the SDI item there and some things like humans have that don't do much.
    edited May 2021
    Seth said:

Spell Woven Britches (Legs)/Kelp leggings: 10/8  (thanks @ Pawain )

I am trying to test out some of the above at TC, how do we get the robe transmog potion to try converting the Hawkwind to Gargoyle robe?

btw, is there any way to get other UO store items to try out, e.g. I want to try out the Anvil of Artifacts for reforging instead of using the actual one I bought from uo store.
    Nope.  Would be nice if we had 9999 sovereigns on TC.  

A garg can wear a Tabard converted to hawkwinds. A garg could wear a Parrot.  Many of the race requirements went away when you used the Robe potion. The 2 luck robes that are human or elf, they can be worn by either when converted to a robe. Also a human can wear a transmogrified elf robe.

I did not test anything on Gargs for the robe slot.