UO Store - Dye Tub Shelf

how bout it? on average,  most people have atleast 6 dye tubs covering all variances.
Tagged:

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    As long as visitors can use them while inside.  I don't have all the dye tubs because there are many players that put them out for the public use. 

I would rather have an item that saves more space than the number of Dye tubs we have.
    Look at the wine rack.  Its just a wooden chest when you open it, it should have looked like a wine rack inside that you could display all of the bottles from Smugglers.

If you want your dye tubs in a chest, put them in one.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    im not talking bout a chest.  a shelf where you can stack alteast 3 tubs and are still useable without opening a container.  maybe 3 tub stack , 3 rows.  where it looks better aesthetically than stacking benches or using interior decorator.
    Drago said:
    im not talking bout a chest.  a shelf where you can stack alteast 3 tubs and are still useable without opening a container.  maybe 3 tub stack , 3 rows.  where it looks better aesthetically than stacking benches or using interior decorator.
    That would be nice.  I think rune libraries would want the same thing for rune books.

Be very specific when you ask for things. Or we end up with something like the wine rack which should have been like shelves. 
    It should hold all the tubs and a place for Dyes.

Here is a players setup. 

There's at least 12 tubs now and they have recently mentioned 2 more. Stone and wooden.

So to make a shelf set that holds 15 tubs it would have to be 3 tall x 5 wide or 4 x 4. And we should be able to see all the Tubs and be able to access them.

It would take up a lot of real estate and hopefully not stick thru the floor above.

Good Luck!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    For a paid item, my suggestions are as follows:

---
    Able to add dye tubs to the rack by targeting. (Corrected)

After adding the dye tub, it will be consumed and the rack will have a nice graphic to show its there. It does not have to look the same round wooden tub.  

Able to remove the dye tub from the rack. It will pop the tub back into the backpack.

Able to add dye as a consumable in the dye tub rack. It works like the other workstations which can store up to 5000 charges.

How to use: double click will open up a UI menu to select the tub, and color, and button to activate a target.

If the tub was not added to the rack, the menu will not have the option for that specific dye tub.
    ---

On my shard, I have a set of public dye tubs that are quite often used as its just next to Luna MG. I used to lock down a full row of stacked free dyes for visitors, and they used them all up. That is fine but a rack will be easier to add dyes rather than the need to lock down and waste alot of space.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited April 2021
    That would be a pain to have to interact with another interface to dye clothes.  most people use 'last object' macro to dye stuff. i say just make it a shelf to house tubs and leave the functionality same.
    @Devs - You could leverage the shelves art and make this a deed.  Player could choose between large or small (like garden beds). 

• looploop Posts: 301
    If they're going to add anything, they should just add it to the game as normal and make it craftable.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    However it is added, I’d like to see something like this in game. 
    loop said:
    If they're going to add anything, they should just add it to the game as normal and make it craftable.

i wish but nope.  uo store is keeping game afloat.  Since client isnt getting re-vamped, game is not attracting new players.   If it happens its a store item or if they do another booster/expansion pack (doubtful)
  • looploop Posts: 301
    Drago said:
    loop said:

i wish but nope.  uo store is keeping game afloat.  Since client isnt getting re-vamped, game is not attracting new players.   If it happens its a store item or if they do another booster/expansion pack (doubtful)
    Yeah I guess that's true, but it's a pretty scummy business model all things considered: Charge a subscription (software as a service) and monetize ephemeral bits and pieces that can be lost at any time if your house decays.

I get it, but should we really signal to the Broadsword that it's acceptable when they could just do what used to be the norm, i.e. make as many items as possible available via in-game mechanics?

UO is already profitable. It runs on AWS, operates with a skeleton crew, and its housing model, limited character slots, and limited storage encourage having multiple accounts. Adding more decorative stuff to the store when it could just as easily be made into craftable furniture is lame.
    loop said:
    Drago said:
    loop said:

Yeah I guess that's true, but it's a pretty scummy business model all things considered: Charge a subscription (software as a service) and monetize ephemeral bits and pieces that can be lost at any time if your house decays.

I get it, but should we really signal to the Broadsword that it's acceptable when they could just do what used to be the norm, i.e. make as many items as possible available via in-game mechanics?

UO is already profitable. It runs on AWS, operates with a skeleton crew, and its housing model, limited character slots, and limited storage encourage having multiple accounts. Adding more decorative stuff to the store when it could just as easily be made into craftable furniture is lame.

Pay to play is the new business model.  So far broadsword has done it right though.  They haven't introduced items in the store that generally are better than what you acquire playing the game. By that, I mean equipment to advance your character.  Yes, some store items help in crafting, even mystic token gives u 5 skills at 90 and 225 stat choice, but you are still a long ways from getting to 120..., plus you still need to equip yourself.
    Hmm, I thought we are already paying (the sub) to play since 1997. 
    Seth said:
    Hmm, I thought we are already paying (the sub) to play since 1997. 
    Exactly. 1997. The standard was one time buy or subscription.  Things have changed. We did not spend money on non tangible items then. Buying a computer game was ok.

Tell your friends in 1997 you were going to pay 10 bucks for a farm set that you can only see on your computer game. That was not the standard then.

It is now. 
    Ok got it, but is there any specific criteria whether an item should be in the store or via obtained in the game. I feel that we should always ask for them to be available in the game either through crafting, or rewards via game play if not vet or annual rewards.
    Seth said:
    Ok got it, but is there any specific criteria whether an item should be in the store or via obtained in the game. I feel that we should always ask for them to be available in the game either through crafting, or rewards via game play if not vet or annual rewards.
    As a certain poster always tells us, UO does not get the store money.  I could agree with that method.
    Make a father of the bride boss to get items from the wedding set. Make a evil farmer to get the farm items.  etc.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Don’t quite understand the business model.  EA sells the time codes and some other codes.  Assume these are the codes referred to when the rule against buying codes from third parties is mentioned.  Am guessing players can buy any other stuff the want legally from third parties.  Don’t really understand the logic of not having UO store sell the same items players can buy legally from third parties.  If sales of these items was limited to in game vendors, it might make sense to limit what the UO store sells but sales of items like invasion spellbooks, corrupted crystals and glass earrings are not limited to in game vendors.  Anyone can sell the online.  I have never seen management refer to these kinds of items as game codes.