Back container

I’d like to see something like this
- aesthetically axe or sword(s) on back
- takes cloak space
- gives similar mods as despicable quiver 
- stores weapons for warriors 

Comments

• Cool idea. Mind if I expand  on your idea.. how about a belt for Gargoyles for throwing axes and other throwing items.  Again aesthetically throwing weapons.  
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Gargoyles have been completely disowned by the deb team, new hook shield, AGAIN no gargoyle equivalent and unable to alter. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited April 2021
    Gargoyles can use Hooks Shield.  Many looted shields and weapons can be altered.

Why would my archer want to wear a sword on his back? None of my melee warriors wear a quiver.  Well not since they used to wear Infinite quiver long ago.

Would be nice to get some Cloak items that we can use as Transmog targets. If they want to make new Targets that can hold weapons, then great. We just have the Cloak from Shrine battles so far.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Okay full disclosure, I believe I was tired and did not attempt to equip it on a gargoyle, only tried to alter it. LOL..
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    There are many good suggestions such as this, buried deep in all the threads and all over the place.

• Consider creating a new forum sub-category as a repository for ideas and suggestions.
    • Make it default to have poll.
      Nikard said:
      I’d like to see something like this
      - aesthetically axe or sword(s) on back
      - takes cloak space
      - gives similar mods as despicable quiver 
      - stores weapons for warriors 

I like this idea.

Currently some if not most warriors carry a bag of standard weapons, be it slayers, double axes, blades staff, different ele.

A Shadowguard expedition requires at least 6 to 7 different weapons.

So, the back container should ideally hold these weapons up to 12, and count as 1 with magically 0 weight.

Specs wise the damage mod should be damage increase for weapons and not just archery.

It should not have any durability like the quivers. This is the reason my warrior wears quiver instead of Jumu as the latter has 255/255.

They should have done this for the Crimson belts.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    To add, this should be a magical shoulder belt which acts a weapon container and not quiver. It should only hold weapons, like first aid belt hold only bandages.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    @Seth I'm sorry,  as a moderator, I am unable to perform the requested tasks.
  • If the point is aesthetics/RP, then I would consider a quiver as a prop for a back scabbard. One of my characters uses the Despicable Quiver and it's supposed to be a back scabbard. I was inspired by the YouTuber Shadiversity who invented a workable back scabbard. I noticed that his design sorta looked like the UO quiver, and I thought "and there we go."

The much simpler back scabbard from "The Witcher" would work but wouldn't protect the weapon from the elements.

Yes I know it's odd to be inventing workarounds like this when the team's obviously capable of doing more than this but this is what we're left with at present.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    So what other class of Warrior, besides Ninjas, routinely carried their swords on their backs and please do not use Hollywood as your source.  
    @Bilbo Which mediums would be appropriate to draw ideas for our fictional fantasy world? Please dont say 'real life' if you play any characters that cast SPELLS.
    If the point is aesthetics/RP, then I would consider a quiver as a prop for a back scabbard. One of my characters uses the Despicable Quiver and it's supposed to be a back scabbard. I was inspired by the YouTuber Shadiversity who invented a workable back scabbard. I noticed that his design sorta looked like the UO quiver, and I thought "and there we go."

The much simpler back scabbard from "The Witcher" would work but wouldn't protect the weapon from the elements.

Yes I know it's odd to be inventing workarounds like this when the team's obviously capable of doing more than this but this is what we're left with at present.

I think aesthetically there are many examples we can find online, whether real examples or comics such as Deadpool.

They will look nice like those Crimson belts.

However, I think the OP has a good point about making this a container instead of just cosmetic item.

Stats wise, I am happy if it has SSI, HCI, DCI, damage mod / increase, or some dex+ or str+.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Something to hold my instruments like maybe one of my hands My bard carries as many slayers as my  sdi Mage ...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited April 2021
    Yeah , why not. But for bards I have another idea since slayers are not 100% chance to always work like weapon slayer (always x2 damage).

It would be nice if there is a magical music book with collectible tunes. 
    Different tune for a different slayer.

Something like the harpsichord which we can add tunes... then one instrument with multiple slayers, We get to hear different music for each slayer and they will sound differently with each instrument type.

@Mariah
    Regarding the idea repository, I think as a moderator your voice will be more powerful than ours. Because you will help them moderate the new thread. So if you support and bring this higher up. I think the bosses will take it more seriously and consider your proposal. 

I really like the idea for bards as well, backpacks in client are far too messy and these are all good ideas for new aesthetics
    Nikard said:
    I really like the idea for bards as well, backpacks in client are far too messy and these are all good ideas for new aesthetics
    Especially the CC. I still use CC once a while and the backpack is too small and gets messy easily.