lobster traps

hi is there a special way to place lobster traps. I have to click sometimes 5 times all over the place in the water just to place one. thank you :)

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Did you get a system message to say why it didn't place? Were you perhaps in shallow water? or trying to place them too close together?
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    i got all those messages and the 1 about to heavy to go to far from me, and i am on a ship at the time.  this is new to me only 75 fishing now, still trying to figure traps out. I was hoping theres an easy way to place them. ty

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    It’s basically a tile or 2 in front of you. 

If you are on a boat, place one in the water, tell the tiller man to go forward or backwards and while the ship is moving, keep placing the traps in front of you, ultimately making a line of traps in the ocean. Then go back to your first one and start picking them up. You can wait a little bit before doing so if you think they need more time. That’s how I have been doing it. 
    ok ty i will try that :)

im curious if you do this method of 1 straight line, do you ever run out of lobster and have to move, like you run out of fish and have to move?  or can you stay in that line and do for hours?

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I used UOAssist to lay 45 traps N-S and then sail back to start and pick up
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I’ve never seen a message about no fish or lobster when using the traps. I have only spent maybe 30-40 minutes in one spot. I don’t think that message shows for crustaceans. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    edited April 2021
    I prefer the static 'rowboat' method for lobsters, a video of which is on my youtube channel using it I have fished the same spot for up to an hour. I have been asked to explain the macros I use, so here's it is.

Placing the pots the macro is simply put the pot in a slot, target cursor, delay 1.2 (which allows you time to move the cursor) repeat the pot and delay once, then set it to repeat 6 times. This allows you to place 12 pots in the pattern shown in the video. You'll need to learn the pattern so that you can place them.

When trying to make a pick up macro I realised that a straight forward 'target next object' or 'target nearest object' always targeted the rope alternate times - attempting to put me ashore. I got around that by using the 'target nearest, followed by target next, following the next with 'use targeted object'. So it targets the rope, but doesn't do anything with it, then targets the pot and picks it up. Delay is 1.5. Again you repeat the sequence once in the macro and set the macro to repeat 6 times.

thank you Petra_Fyde  :)
    I understand now, and for the emptying of the traps, you put a full trap in the macro, hit repeat 10 times and they empty :) awesome

I am getting use to EC still new to it only use it for a few skills, but now I use it for fishing also makes for less clicking :)

thank you :)
    Now where can I find the recipe to make lobster traps,  I lose a lot
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    edited April 2021
    sorry, you can't make those.You can buy them at sea market or from the npc in Magincia
    The Crab Fisher, Magincia Fishers Guild, at Magincia dock.
    ok ty :)

Now I just need an outboard motor (addon) so i can go faster in the open waters :)