Can't Add Luck to Garg Amulet with golden ingots??

I crafted a bunch of Garg Amulets with my blacksmith to get the right resists for a garg thrower luck suit and then I go to enhance the amulet with golden ingot which is successful and the ingots literally added nothing to the amulet...

I'm a bit confused why I can enhance the blacksmith item with gold if nothing happens when I do.... so I'm wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong or if this is broken? 

Comments

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    its always been that way, earring and neck dont take on properties.  only body pieces
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    But, isnt thegarg  amulet slot a  head slot for elves and humans?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    It's so you use 'forged metal of artifacts' to enhance for no benefit.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    They need to make it so it either does apply the bonus (as it should) or have there be a message that they can’t do that, preventing the gold from being used. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited April 2021
    dvvid said:
    They need to make it so it either does apply the bonus (as it should) or have there be a message that they can’t do that, preventing the gold from being used. 
    Yea that's my thought. I was going to use a gargish necklace (tinkering) when I saw the Garg amulet in the smithing menu. I tried to enhance an amulet I had with gold ingots and it failed (but it allowed me) so I thought it would work just like every other blacksmithing thing you can enhance.

This was an obvious option over the necklace which has a message in the tinker menu (something like "you cannot enhance this with the material"). 

I spent hours trying to get the right resists and then reforging 150 luck on it. I finally got what I needed and added the rest of the mods and then used a tool to guarantee success and the result was the metal added nothing (except now it says "Golden"). That's obviously not a very good design. I just blew hours of time and expensive resources (and my luck suit needs reconfigured now I factored in the extra resists from gold ingots) for something that should either give the material properties like expected OR simply not allow me to enhance that item with gold ingots.

@Kyronix - I know I'm out of luck in getting anything back but can you fix the gargish amulet in the blacksmith menu? Ideally you would simply allow it to take the enhanced properties like the other metal garg armor in the menu (especially since Gargs are already down 1 slot and can't use the lucky mempo for luck) OR at the very least don't allow enhancing on the item at all.