You know you've been playing UO a long time when....

My loudmouth parrot is 15 and a half years old

It seems like just yesterday this loudmouth wasn't even a year! This makes me feel old!  :D

Feel free to share pics on things you have in the game where you think back about how long ago you've had something.

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I can't date it exactly, but it's been an awful long time since you could mark runes like three of the green ones in this book

Most telling is, the first character I made on our own account (I pinched a slot on our son's account for 3 months before hubby and I got a shared account between us) 
    Character name was, and is, Petra Fyde, she is 245 months old. Older than some of today's players!
  • I can't date it exactly, but it's been an awful long time since you could mark runes like three of the green ones in this book

Most telling is, the first character I made on our own account (I pinched a slot on our son's account for 3 months before hubby and I got a shared account between us) 
    Character name was, and is, Petra Fyde, she is 245 months old. Older than some of today's players!
    Wearing the same underwear for over 20 years? *aims a hose at Petra*

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    sam.png 59.1K
  • You still call anything other than regular leather the "new leathers."

You call The Lost Lands "T2A" or "the new lands." (OK I don't technically have this one but only because I always hated the name "T2A.")

You remember house keys and how badly that system sucked.

You remember black robes and (especially) black sandals being rare.

You're still not used to the AoS systems even though UO's been under them way longer than it wasn't.

You remember NPCs giving you clues to magic weapons spawning except that almost always someone would've snagged the weapon up by sheer coincidence before you got there.

You still want to call people who turn people grey or (these days) orange then attack them "noto killers." (For anyone who doesn't remember this term refers to "Notoriety," a system that predated the "Reputation" system (meaning Fame/Karma)).

You remember bone armor being THE armor to have. (I'll never forgive them for that.)

You remember dex penalties for armor.

You're still bitter over how Seer events always occurred when you weren't looking so you never got to attend one.

You remember the fierce debates over Advanced Characters when such a notion was new. And you had to actually page a GM to get it done.

This isn't really a nostalgia trip for me, you know, because I recognize that while some things were better then, a lot of things were worse.
  • Bilbo said:
    *calls in reinforcements*

:D  That is my oldest account as Bilbo (3rd account) just turned 14 yr and yes I loved hobbits way before there was even a movie.
  • Bilbo said:
     :D  That is my oldest account as Bilbo (3rd account) just turned 14 yr and yes I loved hobbits way before there was even a movie.
    been a fan since the early 70's 

I read the Hobbit while sitting off the coast of Nam in 73.  Hooked after that.  Tolkien and Asimov for the win.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    Bilbo said:
    been a fan since the early 70's 

Early 80’s 4th grade, picked up Tolkien when my older bro got his books... hooked. Ahh, but I digress...

Know imma old UO fart when I log in my 2nd house ever placed (that used to be a green tent) and see the name on it ‘ Where’d Da Leafs Go?!? ‘. Memories of the only Fel times.
     B) 
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    This guy’s parrot has shard shields and I don’t :(
  • Nikard said:
    This guy’s parrot has shard shields and I don’t :(
    I know a guy, that knows a guy, who's Moms best Friend's cousin can alter your account to have them. If you have the dough.

• *feels as though he missed an interesting conversation*

*feels as though he missed an interesting conversation*
    You did, LOL
  • Bilbo said:
    You did, LOL
    I thought as much when i saw 4 alerts for posts to this thread and they all came back as "post removed"

Bilbo said:
    You did, LOL
    I thought as much when i saw 4 alerts for posts to this thread and they all came back as "post removed"

LMAO  I got one as well because I was typing a reply to it, nothing bad just remembering the way DEVs use to come to the shards and play with us during events and just to say high and because it was tagged to @KHAN it was removed also.  It was all good.