Black Market

I"m not beating a dead horse, much, but this is worthy of further discussion. So apparently it's become crucial to control the prices of the Black Market items, because we all know everyone has complained in the past that these sell for too much. No one complains about Blackthorn item prices, also gained by players who like that content, or Roof items, also gained by players who like that content, or Doom boss drops, also gained by players who like that content...Do I need to go on ? Ok, or Scalis type drops...or Corgul...or Medusa...or ...or...or....so when did this uproar about prices on Black market items begin @Kyronix ? I would rather you have said "I'm a developer, and I'll do whatever I want" than to declare that it was done in the best interest of people who for whatever reason can't go out on the High Seas and get things, but for people with gold to burn and no time to waste. I did a quick search on Atl VS, which appears to be working fine now btw, props to you, but here's the current trend going on. Probably because (A) you put a cap on Doubloons forcing people to store cargo (which btw you should have simply turned off cargo drops when you removed the Fellowship NPC and his items while leaving the Black Market NPC alive and functioning)....and (B) Since black market item prices are protected (supposedly) why not exploit the price of cargo instead, just like I posted a few days ago...congratulations.

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453

They're just getting more affordable by the minute.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    And for anyone who plans on responding with "Thats just prices, it doesn't mean you have to go pay that", this is true, and it was also true for the Black Market Items before the cap was placed on Doubloons.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    You misunderstand. The dev team are controlling the prices in doubloons to people playing the content. What players set prices at, and what others choose to pay for them, is not relevant.
    edited March 2021
    How does any player affect the price of doubloons ? Are you saying there's a difference between putting an item on your vendor for a certain price, and spamming in Chat that you're selling choices for a certain price ? Because you've lost me on your comparison..

That is what I understood from reading this post

And for the record this isn't about Garth and his need to make money, I don't hoard money, I hoard things that I enjoy, like High Seas content items. I stockpiled doubloons because we all knew the items would be updated from time to time, so I wanted to be ready to buy as many of anything that I want...

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    So spend your millions and make billions? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited March 2021
    Mariah said:
    That is what I understood from reading this post

So you're saying then that @Kyronix checks the balance of doubloons on players and then he will base his price on that ? That's ....uhh....hrm... ridiculous logic ? No offense. Of all of the goldsink posts claiming that there's a need for it because of too much gold in the system, THIS is the way to fix it ? I think this all comes down to having forgotten the difference between the doubloon cap and the Fellowship silver cap. The Fellowship NPC was taken down leaving everyone holding their silver balances with no way to continue building them up, unless we hoarded cargo. However the black market NPC was left active, and the drops of cargo were left active. Both NPCs should have been taken down, and cargo drops turned off until the next event was activated...my opinion of course, and we all know what opinions are like.

McDougle said:
    So spend your millions and make billions? 
    what ?  sigh

This topic has been addressed, and answered.
This discussion has been closed.