Self repair description missing on some roof encounter artifacts

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
The following artifacts self repair however do not have a the self repair description:
Anon's boots
Hawkwind's robe
Shanty's waders
Minax's Sandals

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    edited April 2018
    They also don't have the "brittle" tag but cannot have powder of fortification applied to them like many other artifacts can.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Well Brittle items can’t have self repair so something is wrong with these. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• FatFat Posts: 97
    Again, why would you want this fixed?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Make then like ML arties.  Remove durability on these items.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    I vote for this. The items that you really want don't drop often or at all. Plus you need multiples of some for other characters. Make the game a tad less grindy here.
    edited October 2020
    Not sure why this got ignored. With the introduction of transmogrification potions I would say it’s more important now to display the self repair property.

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Also Enchantress Cameo
    Mine was at 249 yesterday then today back at 255dur

I dont mind it being self repair, but I do think it be should displayed

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Pawain said:
    I vote for this. The items that you really want don't drop often or at all. Plus you need multiples of some for other characters. Make the game a tad less grindy here.
     Well, if the items were PoF-able it wouldn't matter if they fixed this.

At least it would make PoF relevant again. -pof literally only used for replacing sampire weapons. (cause pvm weps are hard AF to find as loot with the right mods)

(how long is it going to take?)
    Mervyn said:
    Not sure why this got ignored. With the introduction of transmogrification potions I would say it’s more important now to display the self repair property.
    It's not the "Self Repair"  property that those items have.  
    Self repair only repairs the amount of durability listed in the property.

a weapon with Self Repair 7 has a chance to restore 7 durability each time it loses 1 durability point from normal use.  if an item is at 0/255 durability and has self repair 10, the item will not repair itself if you're sitting afk in town somewhere, you would have to be hit by something in order for it to repair itself using the Self Repair property.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    but they do have durability.. that gets self repaired?

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Someone told me those arties were meant to be like Jumu's Hide which behaves like brittle. If so, its better not to rock the boat... lol, hate to see Cameo become like a Jumu. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    “Perhaps the durability should instead be removed on these items, since they’re self repair”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Yoshi said:
    “Perhaps the durability should instead be removed on these items, since they’re self repair”
    Net, seems like this is a cosmetic issue. Can simply be addressed in the docs/wiki?

Other non cosmetic issues in this forum.  Yoshi, have you setup a bug tracking database :)
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    "well actually, you could argue it would streamline, as each time the unnecessary communication about the durability change each time it is damaged/self repaired is made between the client and server

ofcourse it is miniscule, but at large events with 100 people, all wearing cameos and hawkwind and boots, it all adds up"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Yoshi said:
    "well actually, you could argue it would streamline, as each time the unnecessary communication about the durability change each time it is damaged/self repaired is made between the client and server

ofcourse it is miniscule, but at large events with 100 people, all wearing cameos and hawkwind and boots, it all adds up"
    I'd think all the animations, effects, hit point updates, etc dwarf durability change updates.

The other question would be what server side operations take locks, based on client actions, particularly those locks that affect more than one player.

This is calling your name...
    https://usersnap.com/blog/open-source-bug-tracking/