UO Store Items on Test

Could it be a way to claim and test UO Store Items on Test?

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    That was asked at the last Meet and Greet and Mesanna said that wouldn't happen;

EM Asiantam: items sold in Ultima Store
    EM Asiantam: he'd like to try them in TC1
    Mesanna: we usually put the new ones out
    Mesanna: for players to try
    Mesanna: we are not going to have an open house to get all the past items though
    EM Asiantam: if he can see them realized in TC1
    Mesanna: we always let the players try new items on tc1
    EM Asiantam: so no past items?
    Mesanna: no sorry

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited March 2021
    Sounds like the question of whether it's possible to test older versions of software, like a favorite operating system?

Closest you can do for things like the store forged metal tool is use character copy from a production shard.  If you don't have them on production, meet up with somebody that can get them onto test for you?  What are you looking for on test, I may be able to help?

• MandrakeMandrake Posts: 61
    For me - I wanted to try out some decos and stuff on test before I buy it. 
    I'd also like to test the wedding set - and try how it is, and if its possible to poly other items properties into them... so I could use thm regulary.

It should be possible to buy the stuff from UO Store on test, if you had sovereins for it - so you can test before buying it without it withdrawing sovereins from your acc.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    Sorry, I don't have any of the wedding stuff.  Sounds like that is now blocked from transmogrify anyway.  Seems there would be any number of ways of making the prior store items available on test, and testing those sure is still valid, as unexpected interactions can happen between items across publishes. 

• ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    edited March 2021
    I don't understand their logic in not allowing us to try Store Items on TC.  Just add 1M pts to the Online Store on Test, like they add Cleanup points and doubloons.  There are items I might buy if I could see how they looked or worked.  As it is, I'm not going to waste real $$'s on something i may not want after seeing it or trying it out, so basically they lose revenue since I won't buy the item.  A good example is the water fountains.  They weren't on TC and so I didn't purchase them because I didn't know how they looked animated or if you dyed them.  I know some people bought them on Prod and copied them over to TC but that's not quite the same.  Dying them did not change the color of the item, it changed the color of the water and I for one would have been displeased if after buying one that it worked this way.  Who wants green or black water?