EC Macro to harvest petals?

Has anyone ever managed to put together an EC macro to harvest resources and seeds from plants? It has to be the most click-fest activity I do.

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    I have never worked with the plant system, do you harvest by clicking on the plant, or by interacting with a gump?
    -Arroth
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited March 2021
    with a gump 
    which means 'last object' merely re-opens the gump. 
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/plant-growing/

I hope that someone cleverer than me has devised some way, possible using the 'command' action, to achieve this.
    edited March 2021
    Well, hopefully someone has already worked with the plant reproduction gump and will share what they've got.

Can you do what you are looking to do with Pinco's?

I know Pinco's is huge...but it if already works....
    -Arroth
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Has anyone ever managed to put together an EC macro to harvest resources and seeds from plants? It has to be the most click-fest activity I do.
    Create Macros with a script command for the following:

Harvest Resources
    script GumpsParsing.PressButton(22222,6)

Harvest Seeds
    script GumpsParsing.PressButton(22222,7)

Make sure you have the Reproduction/Harvest Gump open, then press the appropriate macro to harvest.

You could probably extend the macro with Delays and copy the Command Script multiple times to harvest all resources.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

@Khyro

1. Nice.

2. I have been through GumpsParsing a bunch of times and totally missed .PressButton. Just did a CRT-F and it pops right up. How did I miss that...... My UO life is now approximately 1 gazillion times easier. Thanks!

3. Just from looking at the pics in the link Petra posted I thought the indices would be 2 and 3. Man I was way off.

4. I don't envy Bleak. At all.   

-Arroth
  • HomerHomer Posts: 32
    edited March 2021
    Im not sure if you use default EC or if you use Pinco's UI, but I asked and convinced him to add actions in his version  for  this almost a year ago. I got him to add 3 actions,  gather seeds, gather resources and turn plant decorative this one requires to press enter after you use it.

The gather ones  harvest everything in one go after you open the plant gump, so basically  all you have to do is open the plant gump and press 3 hotkeys, then enter  = plant all done, then open the next plant gump and repeat, etc.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Homer said:
    Im not sure if you use default EC or if you use Pinco's UI, but I asked and convinced him to add actions in his version  for  this almost a year ago. I got him to add 3 actions,  gather seeds, gather resources and turn plant decorative this one requires to press enter after you use it.

The gather ones  harvest everything in one go after you open the plant gump, so basically  all you have to do is open the plant gump and press 3 hotkeys, then enter  = plant all done, then open the next plant gump and repeat, etc.
    @Homer

I do not know about other users of the Pinco UI but, at least to me, when I use it, my Latency worsens significantly and, thus, I get lagged.

So, I cannot use it rin combat, but only when I do non-combat type of gameplay.

Does anyone else have issue with increased Latency and Lag when using the Pinco UI for the Enhanced Client ?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Wish I had known about the scripting earlier.  I had to get a new mouse last month because the mouse button was going bad because of all the clicking to gather seeds and resources.
    @Khyro Thank you so much! I should have guessed that if anyone had the answer to this one it would be you. :)

@Homer ; I use the default UI.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    EC:

Target By Type
    Use Targeted Object

Enable Repeat 10 times.

Done.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • ZamotZamot Posts: 55
    A quick question on how to determine the active elements in a window.  How do you find out where to tell it to click.  The 22222,6 for example.  

edited March 2021
    Zamot said:
    A quick question on how to determine the active elements in a window.  How do you find out where to tell it to click.  The 22222,6 for example.  

In the Default UI folder, GGManager.lua has a list of the gumps (22222 is the plant production gump for instance). Well, a list of the gumps when the default folder was built anyway. I would suspect Khyro & co. have a more up to date list.

The instructions for retrieving a table with all components of the gump are in the functions below the gump list. 

If you're not into lua and you're just looking to ease your gameplay a bit, you can assign different parameters to the "Command" action scripts and see which buttons get pushed.

Example:
    "script GumpsParsing.PressButton(22222, 6)" will access the plant production gump (22222) and push the button at index position (6).

"script GumpsParsing.PressButton(x, 4)" would push the button at index position 4 on whatever gump you're accessing (x).
    -Arroth
    Arroth Thank you  for this information.  I will mess around with this.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited March 2021
    Hopefully this thread enlightens a few people on the EC, it can do a lot more than you think it can.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Plant window done, Tending plants just got easier for me.  Have a macro that will empty seeds and resources and the go back to the abandon plot.  I will try to stream line this.  Thanks for the quick information.

• Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Pinco's already has built-in actions to strip resources and seeds off of plants...
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    hi    Dot_Warner    where is it in pinco's whats it called?   I am not very familiar with EC I usually use CC  but on occasion I use EC and this would be another reason that I would use it :)  ty
    The entire point of this thread is that putting the two "Command" actions Khyro posted above into an EC macro will let the default EC harvest plants without the button clicking.

So if you want to use Pinco's you can, but the default EC can do it as well.
    -Arroth
    Seth said:
    EC:

Target By Type
    Use Targeted Object

Enable Repeat 10 times.

Done.
    Has anyone tried this idea? I had already harvested my plants when I saw it, so can't try it till the next lot grow.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Goldie said:
    hi    Dot_Warner    where is it in pinco's whats it called?   I am not very familiar with EC I usually use CC  but on occasion I use EC and this would be another reason that I would use it :)  ty
    In the Pinco's action menu, go to Items/Abilities and you will find "Gather Seeds" and "Gather Resources." Just have a plant gump open and then use the action and wait while it strips the plant. 
    Seth said:
    EC:

Target By Type
    Use Targeted Object

Enable Repeat 10 times.

Done.
    Has anyone tried this idea? I had already harvested my plants when I saw it, so can't try it till the next lot grow.
    I was wondering if that worked as well.
    -Arroth
    thank you  Dot_Warner  I will be doing that once my plants are ready in couple days :) assume

Any chance to get fruit off fruit trees and  rose of trinsic? lots of clicking involved in that and they have no gump to open.
    edited March 2021
    Goldie said:
    thank you  Dot_Warner  I will be doing that once my plants are ready in couple days :) assume

Any chance to get fruit off fruit trees and  rose of trinsic? lots of clicking involved in that and they have no gump to open.
    Put the following 2 actions in a macro with Repeat = 10
    Last Object
    Use Targeted Object

Click on the tree or rose once. Then run the macro. You may need to add a delay after Use Targeted Object.
    -Arroth
    @Seth could you elaborate on your macro? When I tried it my macro wanted to plant seeds instead of collecting them.
    I couldn't resist I did it now before my plants at 8/8   was it fast and nice woow :)  thanks for letting me know  Dot_Warner 
    TimSt said:
    @ Seth could you elaborate on your macro? When I tried it my macro wanted to plant seeds instead of collecting them.

Sorry did not see this earlier, the macro was meant for "petals" for Trinsic Rose.

I read the title quickly and jumped in assuming it was referring to the petals for Trinsic Rose, didn't read the content of OP. My bad.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2021
    Goldie said:
    I couldn't resist I did it now before my plants at 8/8   was it fast and nice woow :)  thanks for letting me know  Dot_Warner 
    when your plants are ready to be removed
    there is also an icon for "Turn Decorative"
    edited March 2021
    Alright, I managed to find the codes in GGManager.Lua as hinted by Arroth Thaiel, and tested the following. Basically I double click a plot, then a single Macro with a series of commands, open the resource gump, harvest (8 + 8 times), return to main gump, open the abandon plot and press yes.

These are all done in one button. Work hard for 10 mins, easy for life.

Main Gump>Goto Resource Gump

script GumpsParsing.PressButton(29842,1)
    Delay 0.5

Manually insert the following 8 times:
    script GumpsParsing.PressButton(22222,6)
    Delay 0.5
    script GumpsParsing.PressButton(22222,7)
    Delay 0.5

Resource Gump>Return to Main Gump:
    script GumpsParsing.PressButton(22222,1)
    Delay 0.5

Main Gump>Activate Abandon Plot
    script GumpsParsing.PressButton(29842,12)
    Delay 0.5
    script GumpsParsing.PressButton(29582,3)
    Delay 0.5

I have done a demo here:

If you are going to auto abandon the plot I suggest increasing the resource and seed gathering to 10 incase you get the annoying "You must wait to perform another action" message.