currently at cap for doubloons?

2»

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited March 2021
    Garth_Grey can't do what I suggested above, because he's on Siege. But everyone on the other shards can. Simply collect doubloons on other characters. Everyone has at least 6 slots on their account?

@Garth_Grey I have a house on Siege with around 1k lockdowns free, and I could free up some more. I will friend you to it and make storage available to you if you want.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Kyronix said:
    What @ keven2002 said.
    Let me get this straight, you're not forcing people on Atlantic to spend the platinum they have before they can bank more gold, but you're going to force people to use their doubloons down to 300k, before they can earn more ? And the reason for this was ?
    Oh man that would be awesome to have a 1 plat cap on gold.  Spend it, and you can not get more until you do!  LOL
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Kyronix said:
    Not wiping doubloons, did I say that?  I said spend them, which indicates you have to spend the ones you have over the 300k cap.  So if that is true, how can wiping them also be true?  Doesn't make any sense!  Walk the plank for you! 

keven2002 said:
    Wow... really? Is this that hard to understand?

This is not rocket science @ popps. If you currently have over 300k, you will not be able to turn in any further trade cargo until you go under the 300k mark. If you have 600k (which let's be honest YOU DO NOT) then you would stay at 600k (until you start spending them) but you will not be able to turn in cargo until you go under 300k.

I really don't think it's that confusing. Once again, logging in for a few minutes to check (assuming you are actually over the cap) takes way less effort than writing 3 posts about it. In the event you are under 300k (very likely) then you have nothing to worry about; stop trying to create issues and start playing the game :)

Kyronix said:
    What @ keven2002 said.

These are examples of why we need a like button!
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    TimSt said:
    keven2002 said:
    @ TimSt - To be clear you can keep your 2.3M doubloons without any problems; you just wouldnt be able to turn in anything else until you used those. Don't feel like you need to spend them right away until there is something there you want.
    And in the mean time I'll just start chucking any new cargo into the trashcan for 0 turn in points.

DON"T THROW THEM! If any city treasury on your shard is not maxed (1 billion!), turn them into the trade minister to help fund the 2 million a week cost of the trade buff.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    On ATL my Pirate character has 683K doubloons w/64 mythic cargos stored in bank and my Legends character has 330K doubloons w/72 mythics in bank.  My Origin Pirate is a latecomer - only 89K  doubloons so will be hitting the cap or buying some cocoanuts:) 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited March 2021
    TimSt said:
    keven2002 said:
    @ TimSt - To be clear you can keep your 2.3M doubloons without any problems; you just wouldnt be able to turn in anything else until you used those. Don't feel like you need to spend them right away until there is something there you want.
    And in the mean time I'll just start chucking any new cargo into the trashcan for 0 turn in points.
    Or you can put it into your bank box or house.... or like Marge said turn them in to the town.

@popps - please post a pic of your home shards doubloon total with your char next to it. If I had to guess you probably won't need to worry about any cap. Again stop trying to make issues where they aren't any and start playing the game more. 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Reposting from the other doubloon thread...

Putting a cap in keeps prices for new items low, was always supposed to be there but there was a bug that let you collect as many doubloons as you wanted so now that its resolved we don't have to get insane prices for new items.  I'll have to make sure I check for @Garth_Grey characters and put in a maritime plundering surcharge.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Are doubloons Account or char.  Clean-up points are char that is why they put in the clean-up point thing at Brit commons.  Use another char to turn in things for doubloons or another account.
    Char based. People could use all of their chars to bank points.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    TYVM @keven2002, just like clean-up points.
    Kyronix said:
    Reposting from the other doubloon thread...

Putting a cap in keeps prices for new items low, was always supposed to be there but there was a bug that let you collect as many doubloons as you wanted so now that its resolved we don't have to get insane prices for new items.  I'll have to make sure I check for @ Garth_Grey characters and put in a maritime plundering surcharge.
    Ok, save Mythics as needed. Turn in the rest so it builds slower.  I think Ill empty my conatainers now.

Aye he be a Plunderin!
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Pawain said:
    KHAN said:
    There was never a cap. At least not one I've reached. You're thinking of the Fellowship which was for silver. Doubloons should have no cap whatsoever, I think @ Kyronix just forgot to distinguish between the two.
    The cap was, and currently is, 1,000,000 doubloons.
    Then how do I have 2.6M doubloons?

Ya we been having doubloon war on LS.
    LOL My bad! I was thinking of the turn in points cap, AND missed a zero. The cap on that is 10M the last time I checked. Better write this down! hehe
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    edited March 2021
    I never get close to the clean up cap.  I like to buy stuff there.

So glad there was not a Black market cap so far!
  • Garth_Grey can't do what I suggested above, because he's on Siege. But everyone on the other shards can. Simply collect doubloons on other characters. Everyone has at least 6 slots on their account?

@ Garth_Grey I have a house on Siege with around 1k lockdowns free, and I could free up some more. I will friend you to it and make storage available to you if you want.

I haven't seen Garth Grey play on Siege in way over a year, I think even longer. I think he only plays prodo these days.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @Kyronix is the doubloons cap a soft cap or a hard cap?  For example if you already have 299,999 doubloons and try to turn in a mythical will it be rejected because it would take you over the 300,000 cap or would it let you turn the mythical in and bring your balance to 309,999 after which you can not turn in any more cargo until you bring the balance back down below 300,000?
    TimSt said:
    @ Kyronix is the doubloons cap a soft cap or a hard cap?  For example if you already have 299,999 doubloons and try to turn in a mythical will it be rejected because it would take you over the 300,000 cap or would it let you turn the mythical in and bring your balance to 309,999 after which you can not turn in any more cargo until you bring the balance back down below 300,000?
    If it is like the Fellowship then you can not get past 300k.  It will not accept.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Garth_Grey can't do what I suggested above, because he's on Siege. But everyone on the other shards can. Simply collect doubloons on other characters. Everyone has at least 6 slots on their account?

@ Garth_Grey I have a house on Siege with around 1k lockdowns free, and I could free up some more. I will friend you to it and make storage available to you if you want.

I haven't seen Garth Grey play on Siege in way over a year, I think even longer. I think he only plays prodo these days.
    I"m still there too ;-)
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    You should put a bank gold cap in the same course of ideas ... 

-UO team: hey let's do a High Sea event
    -Uo team: nice idea
    -UO someone with a bad idea: let put a cap at doubloons 300k
    -Me: what a nice idea, now why should I do High Sea content if I have to use storage to bank my cargos.

Seriously, you get good ideas but there's always something to piss off players.

BTW today, when I saw that, I cancelled an account. This saddened me.
    @Kyronix - Can we consider bumping up the max doubloons to at least 500k (possible 1m)? I didn't really think anything of it at first but given that the pirate chest is 180k that means I literally will need to reload my balance to get more than 1. If we are talking about the Hooks Shield (200k points) that means I'll need to load another 100k points just to get 2 shield. 

I'd think this should be pretty reasonable and while I understand the idea of prices wouldn't be over 300k with a cap of 300k...I think we could still apply the same 300k item cost cap since it's a vendor where you can set the prices (ie don't charge us more than 300k lol).

Thanks.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Aayla said:

-Me: what a nice idea, now why should I do High Sea content if I have to use storage to bank my cargos.

How many characters do you have? Most people have at least 6, so 1,800,000 doubloons in total?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    yes this is not hard buy stuff turn in cargo....if you had been pirating all along you could be well over cap and this would be no issue
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - Can we consider bumping up the max doubloons to at least 500k (possible 1m)? I didn't really think anything of it at first but given that the pirate chest is 180k that means I literally will need to reload my balance to get more than 1. If we are talking about the Hooks Shield (200k points) that means I'll need to load another 100k points just to get 2 shield. 

I'd think this should be pretty reasonable and while I understand the idea of prices wouldn't be over 300k with a cap of 300k...I think we could still apply the same 300k item cost cap since it's a vendor where you can set the prices (ie don't charge us more than 300k lol).

Thanks.
    I'd think this should be pretty reasonable and while I understand the idea of prices wouldn't be over 300k with a cap of 300k...

This is something I really cannot understand....

Why on earth it would ever be necessary to have a CAP of the amount of Doubloons one can have with the Black Market Pirate in order to then have the items that he sells have their individual prices be contained below such a CAP ?

I really do not get it..... 

I do not see why, if there is not a CAP or whether the CAP was to be 100,000,000 or whatever else that is a very high amount ... why couldn't then the individual items prices just be set what they need to be, even a very small amount, regardless of what the CAP might be, or even if there was no CAP at all....

Makes no sense to me.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited March 2021
    Mariah said:
    Aayla said:

How many characters do you have? Most people have at least 6, so 1,800,000 doubloons in total?
    It is not the point.
    Why do players need to look for work arounds when it would just have been much easier to not have a CAP at all as it has been so far for all og this time just fine, without any issues, at least to my knowledge ?

I mean, haven't we been so far for YEARS without a CAP, and, that I can think of, we have had no problems with the pricing of items ?

Do we play the game to have fun or to get upset all the time for something, whatever it might be ?

I do not get it.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Poops has spoken. Make it so.
    As I mentioned above, turnin point caps help keep the cost of new items low.  If there's no cap and you can collect millions and millions of points then new items have to be priced accordingly - how many points does the average player have (checks) Oh, 80 million? Guess what - new items are 40m.  Here comes someone new to the turnin content and they are like wth man, why so many doubloons? * sadface *

Now, with the highest amount you can hold being at 300k, new items can fall in line with that soft-limitation.  Ya you can make multiple characters and all that, but this serves as a nice balance.  As we add more items and pirate-inflation takes effect we'll adjust it accordingly.

Happy pirating!

edited March 2021
    Kyronix said:
    As I mentioned above, turnin point caps help keep the cost of new items low.  If there's no cap and you can collect millions and millions of points then new items have to be priced accordingly - how many points does the average player have (checks) Oh, 80 million? Guess what - new items are 40m.  Here comes someone new to the turnin content and they are like wth man, why so many doubloons? * sadface *

Now, with the highest amount you can hold being at 300k, new items can fall in line with that soft-limitation.  Ya you can make multiple characters and all that, but this serves as a nice balance.  As we add more items and pirate-inflation takes effect we'll adjust it accordingly.

Happy pirating!

@Kyronix - Not to beat a dead horse because I get what you are saying but I'm not asking the cap to be limitless or even 5mil... I'm just thinking it would be nice to push it up 200k more to 500k-600k (maybe to 1m max) so people can drop off loot to the pirate; go plunder more and do the same. 

I find it a bit hard to believe that if the cap is now 500k that you can't still limit the price of something to a max of 300k. I'd argue that we should have a cap that is double the amount of the highest priced item; so if that is going to be 300k max price then I'd request the cap be 600k in the event I want 2 when they come out and I've already put the work in.

I've selected the new rewards I want and I'm now back at 300k points...By capping it so low, it kind of discourages me from going sailing until the new stuff comes out. If the point was to regulate the sailing so it wasn't too crowded that's one thing but if that's not the case then I don't see how raising the cap a few 100k means that the price of things need to match that cap. 

That's like me going to the store for bread and when I get to the cashier they ask me how much I have in my wallet and tell me that's the price and that if I wanted to pay less I should carry less money. 

**Edit** I get that technically I can hold points on different chars but that doesn't really help me when things are different prices and do not add up to 300k. IE a Hooks Map (150k) and 2 Hooks shield (200k per) total to 550k. That means I'd need to get 3 characters to accomplish this and then I'd have 100-150k leftover on those chars where if we just had a cap of 600k then I'd be able to use 1 char to get the items I wanted and have 50k leftover for that character to add more doubloons to. Hoping we can use a little sense here. 
    You can always store cargo for turning in later.  Up to you, for now we aren't adjusting the cap.  In the future we'll see about adjusting it when we add new items to the Black Market.

Thanks for the feedback!
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    i keep empty box by my door many toons pirate drop cargo in box turn in toon loots all from box an turns in rinse and repeat again of the the things we could complain about its this?????
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Mariah said:
    Aayla said:

You answer my complaint just with your question. Make 1,8m doubloons the cap account wide if I can use 6 toons to collect 300k. I'm telling you this is just a bad idea. You got great content and each time you limit yourself (uo team) and never go at the end of the idea. What's the matter to have 1,8m doubloons account wide? Why does the trash point are account wide? Why isn't the same system? Really I don't get it. I wanna but I don't.

@kryonix since when you devs care about the economy? This is a first. Besides the castle customization nothing has been done. Yeah I banked 3m doubloons but I played to have them. I USE MY GAME TIME TO SAIL AND GET DOUBLOONS. So right now you're telling me you're gonna tell what part of the game I should play? Sorry I don't get that. If I wanna play my game time to sail, it's my choice. There's a cap on Blackthorne arties? There's so much incoherence in your discours.

And to answer your question @Mariah I had 14 toons but drop to 7 with this because this is the only way I can impact the uo team. Yeah this is one account but second one might come sooner than later if that continues. I'm really unhappy right now.

P.S.: Sorry English isn't my native language.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This topic has been answered and is now closed.
This discussion has been closed.