Changes in damage for ORC ships

As of I think yesterday it now takes 11 shots from an orc ship to scuttle another orc ship.  It used to take 9.  Has the Cannon damage been lowered or the ORC ships hulls been increased?  Has anyone else noticed this? or is my boat bugged?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I've never counted.  @Garth_Grey should know.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    working same as always for me
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Same
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • ZamotZamot Posts: 55
    I will go out again. hopefully it is just bugged.  I do remember being able to scuttle a pirate ship with 9 shots.  And last night it was taking 11.  the shots are all showing hitting for 6500 damage each.
    To my knowledge, it's always been 11...

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Ya I fire 4 broadsides to sink them.  But, 11 is correct.  Takes me 8 for a Beacon since I also have archers hitting it.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Pawain said:
    Ya I fire 4 broadsides to sink them.  But, 11 is correct.  Takes me 8 for a Beacon since I also have archers hitting it.
    That's what I do too. It may take one cannon charge more, (4 x 3 = 12) but it's more fun that way - for me at least. :)
    edited March 2021
    Pawain said:
    That's what I do too. It may take one cannon charge more, (4 x 3 = 12) but it's more fun that way - for me at least. :)
    And since you can use the command while steering, I can sink them much faster now.

I think I'll put grapeshot in one middle cannon for the crew. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    Back in the days of high seas 2.0 dev, we proposed arcade style one step command or firing button. It’s like we players are real Captains of a ship instead of trying to run as a crew. This has now been achieved with such command.

However it would have been perfect if we can have a single command as well to prep and reload all cannons (if unloaded or fired).

Other players on the ship should just be archers, throwers or attack mages. If it’s warriors they are just waiting to board when scuttled. Cannon loading and firing is not a player skill or profession. Players should not need to be part of the cannon loading process. 

Also to add more area around other islands in Trammel for pirate spawn, not just Jhelom.

Just my opinion. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I'd like to see a reward item/UO store item that is geared toward high seas play.  Something like a ramrod that adds 50% reload speed or a match that adds 20% to damage to cannon. And of course like others have asked for, a Jolly Roger flag for ships.
    I would like to see a Ship Dye Tub @Kyronix
    Or at least more color choices, and a ship portal To and From Tokuno similar to the Serpent Pillar.

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I would like to see a Ship Dye Tub @ Kyronix
    Or at least more color choices, and a ship portal To and From Tokuno similar to the Serpent Pillar.
    Aye, it's a pain to unload ship's cargo hold and drydock ship then recall to other facet.  What I do now is use a second orc ship, arm and then load all cannon with 50 volleys and then drydock it and carry in my pack. I pretty much stay off Zento coast, plenty of smuggler merchants, pirates, and beacons there.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    We've tried to do ship color choices a couple times, there's an unfortunate hangup we keep running into.  It's definitely something we would love to do but the art overhaul is pretty significant.

I also looked into the Tokuno Serpent's pillar before and there were some pretty substantial technical hurdles at the time, will revisit it as time allows.  Thanks for the feedback!
    Hippo said:
    Aye, it's a pain to unload ship's cargo hold and drydock ship then recall to other facet.  What I do now is use a second orc ship, arm and then load all cannon with 50 volleys and then drydock it and carry in my pack. I pretty much stay off Zento coast, plenty of smuggler merchants, pirates, and beacons there.
    You know you can dry dock with loaded cannons, right.
    Kyronix said:
    We've tried to do ship color choices a couple times, there's an unfortunate hangup we keep running into.  It's definitely something we would love to do but the art overhaul is pretty significant.

I also looked into the Tokuno Serpent's pillar before and there were some pretty substantial technical hurdles at the time, will revisit it as time allows.  Thanks for the feedback!
    Thank you for considering it. I don't understand the technical hurdles part though. But thank you anyway.