Gating from underwater

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited March 2021 in Bugs
"It seems you can just gate people in from underwater, by standing one step from the entrance and gating people in who have not completed the quest and also people can bring pets through the gate, i don't think you're supposed to be able to bring pets into underwater, since you receive a message telling you, you cannot enter with a pet"-+-copy/pasted from Mervyn
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2021
    @Petra_Fyde is this working as intended?
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited March 2021

" @Bleak this should be an easy fix, simply extend the non teleport area that i am currently in to these entrance tiles. Maybe even an EM or GM can do this.

I hope this helps improve the game for all"
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited March 2021
    Because having content less accessible to the masses after mass farming of the content by a small handful of people on Atlantic is a good direction for the game to go?  Changing this now just helps a select few get alot more rich at the expense of everyone else. Are YOU one of those people? You intentions are definitely not to improve the game for all, you are being disingenuous with your motivations to have this "fixed". 

Content should be more inclusive not more exclusive.

A better solution for this is to simply remove the restriction on pets and allow tamers to bring pets in normally so it doesn't just become another Warrior/Sampire only encounter.

And please don't insult my intelligence by bringing up the "pets" that can be tamed.  While that mechanic is interesting in theory in practice it's horrible.  Look at how popular the despise encounter is.  And if you think that's acceptable, then i guess we should get encounters where sampires have to use non exceptional, non-imbued weapons on some of the highest base damage and strength mobs in game.

edited March 2021
    I do not wish to enter into discussions on whether the designed restrictions of the encounter was fair, I am merely presenting bug information, thank you. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited March 2021
    Wow @K
    This is a good idea to keep it as is or remove limitations.  Thanks for bringing that up Mervyn. 

This a basically a multi daily event for all level players on Atlantic. 
    Others on Atlantic and other shards are  Cora. Scalis etc. 

We need more single mob easy to access Encounters. Make new encounters with some new unique drop from each plus minors.  We have been doing Mel for years for a chance at hair dye.  It's time for some new drops from group encounters.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    I think most of these boss encounters should be just turn up and fight (like Navrey). Having to farm keys or do a boring a tedious quest is not fun. Fighting the boss and meeting new players is fun.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    One of the best quests and encounters in the game.  Great artwork/layout underwater, great boss and lore around it, and not overly burdensome keying.  Hopefully nobody considers it an "exploit" that you can switch out of the underwater suit to something else while fighting the boss.  I didn't see anything mentioned in this thread that is out of line with the problem solving of many other Ultima series games.

Would be great if the keying / pre-amble on other content could be toned down.  If you clear all the shadowguard rooms, give us a pass for a couple days to do the roof any number of times?
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Yoshi said:
    I do not wish to enter into discussions on whether the designed restrictions of the encounter was fair, I am merely presenting bug information, thank you. 
    Again, you are being disingenuous with your motives. If you were merely presenting bug information you would not have interjected how you feel the dev's should fix this issue.  You have ulterior motives.

What is using a second master account to bypass a ban on the forums?  Is that an exploit that should be fixed?
  • DJAd said:
    I think most of these boss encounters should be just turn up and fight (like Navrey). Having to farm keys or do a boring a tedious quest is not fun. Fighting the boss and meeting new players is fun.

THIS! Remove having to farm keys and make all encounters accessable by anyone at any time! Get rid of instanced encounters.
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    DJAd said:

THIS! Remove having to farm keys and make all encounters accessable by anyone at any time! Get rid of instanced encounters.
    @Max_Blackoak

And..... make it so no more having to deal with the waves of a champion spawn, boss only please. and 120s only please.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    RockStaR said:

And..... make it so no more having to deal with the waves of a champion spawn, boss only please. and 120s only please.
    Not quite...  Just remove the limit to the number of times valor can be used to advance the spawn.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Thank for the report.
This discussion has been closed.