I would like it a bit darker once in a while, suggestion

Hi  Ok never seen this in UO, but then I was gone for many years came back least year.  I would like to know if this item is in UO and if not if it can be added as a turn in item.

I play mostly elf and yes this character comes with built in night sight.

Elves always have the effect of a full strength Night Sight spell.I play several elf characters and like this racial trait.  I do however sometimes think how nice it would be to be able to see lamps lite in my house.  Not often but once in a while (without having to change to a human).  After all there are several lamps that you can turn on and off.  Plus other objects that glow or flash or sparkle. 

Long story short, is it possible if this item does not exist, make a recipe for alchemy that you can get as a turn in.  A potion called say  ________(darkness)___  which can be cast on elfs or anyone for the matter, lasts say 30 secs.  Yes pvpers would be in heaven casting this on there victims, I know being in a dungeon, they cast this on you, now you can't see your in the dark.   So I am thinking like 1/2 the strength of normal elf night sight trait so its not total dark, but you can still see the lights on in your house when you want to.

Just a suggestion :)  thank you

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    If you play classic client, in the options you will enjoy checking “Dark nights” and yes some places do look nice.
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    so then when i find that i can have my elf nights be just like a human character even thuo the racial trait?

• wasn't there a bug where you equipped nightsight items as an elf and they would cancel out the racial ability? I seem to vaguely remember that but I think it was limited to certain areas like champ spawns or something...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Goldie said:

Long story short, is it possible if this item does not exist, make a recipe for alchemy that you can get as a turn in.  A potion called say  ________(darkness)___  which can be cast on elfs or anyone for the matter, lasts say 30 secs. 

Just a suggestion :)  thank you

No.  It would be used to grief people with and you would be able to cast it everywhere just like invis.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2021
    Goldie said:

Long story short, is it possible if this item does not exist, make a recipe for alchemy that you can get as a turn in.  A potion called say  ________(darkness)___  which can be cast on elfs or anyone for the matter, lasts say 30 secs.  Yes pvpers would be in heaven casting this on there victims,

"Unfortunately this would not work as the nightsight is dealt with client side, most of the PvPer's unofficial clients probably don't even support darkness."
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I’d say if anything, a potion would be better than a spell. Basically works just as long as a nightsight potion and can be undone with a nightsight potion. 
  • DaisyDaisy Posts: 10
    Just make so it can only be used on your char not others :-) 

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    wasn't there a bug where you equipped nightsight items as an elf and they would cancel out the racial ability? I seem to vaguely remember that but I think it was limited to certain areas like champ spawns or something...
    They must have fixed it because I had my elf equipped with the nocturn earrings until recently when I learned about the racial ability.