Publish 110 Feedback - UO Store Items

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Gorgon and blessed transfer. Also any added words from engraving tools.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    Gorgon and blessed transfer. Also any added words from engraving tools.

Ok, it would be nice if refined armor also works. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    I can’t see a reason to block the transmogrification of refined armor, before the changes i understand, but with the way the potion works now, that should be allowed 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Seth said:

Yoshi said:

Not mentioned in patch notes regarding refinements:
    Refined armor cannot be transmogrified.

You can refine armor post transmogrified, the armor refinement you will require will be of the current armor (post transmogrification) not the former.
    Yeah, so should refined armor be allowed to transmog or would this action be considered an exploit?

If there is no issue to allow this as a design intent, and since this potion is UO store paid item, why not include refined armor. Invulnerability refinement for some armor type can be hard to get.

As I cannot test this, I wonder if Blessed and Gorgon Lens will be transferred over. Blessed is more important as it cost alot, but G Lens are fine if not transferable.

both will transfer to the new item
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yoshi said:
    I can’t see a reason to block the transmogrification of refined armor, before the changes i understand, but with the way the potion works now, that should be allowed 

Yeah, I think so too.
    @Kyronix : Please consider allowing refined armors to be transmog (i.e. retain the refined specs). Otherwise, I feel it is a 50-50 decision whether to forego precious refinement for cosmetic look. It is the cost of USD vs cost of a invulnerability refinement which might also drive cost up unnecessarily for something already in short supply.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    I found a potential issue, when you use a transmogrification potion more than one time on an item, you lose the information about what was originally transmogrified. For clarity it would be better for the first original item (vulture helm) to be described here.

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    edited March 2021
    @Kyronix - A couple potential issues with the Transmog Potion discovered. The test cases below all appear to go against the design decision of this item:

Transmog Medable to Non-Medable
    1. Craft a non-medable item (like a Bone Helm)
    2. Add "Mage Armor" to the blank item via a Mage Guildmaster
    3. Transmog a Medable item to the Mage Armor crafted item
    4. Resulting item is non-medable and has 1% LMC bonus (apparently cloth and other perma-medable items have this inherit property, but it only becomes visible when medable status is removed via Transmog):

Proof that it's not just the 1% LMC property from the Plate Helm:

Transmog Medable to Non-Medable and Acquire Full LMC Armor Bonus
    1. Perform the Transmog listed above to get a Medable item onto a (normally) non-medable piece
    2. Transmog the Transmog'd item, and target a new blank item (such as a plain crafted Bone Helm)
    3. Resulting item now uses the base properties of the Transmog item, and not the original item, granting full LMC bonus:

Whether this is a big issue or not is up to you obviously, but it goes against the stated intention of only allowing medable to medable, and non-medable to non-medable transmogs.

The simplest fix for the second issue would probably be to not allow a Transmog'd item to be the Source item for Transmogs.

Fixing the first issue is probably more difficult, as a Mage Armor to Mage Armor transmog is a perfectly valid transmog and within the provided guidelines of the potion.

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

edited March 2021
    one potential solution to both of the above, is for the "mage armor" on the destination be retained and not lossed on transmog. I think that would negate the LMC bonus. hats off to the find.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Thanks for the report, this will be resolved in a future build on TC1.  Unfortunately we have to restrict use of the potion on non-armor head slot items (Tophat, Undead tophat, Veil) due to issues because they aren't TRUE armor.  Unfortunate because of how fashionable they are, but necessary.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    You realize if you go from plate to bone, in your example, you lose the stamina loss protection afforded by plate, right?  So there are negative tradeoffs that come with this choice.  So is this really an "exploit" ?

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    @Khyro for goodness sake fix your jewelry ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    edited March 2021
    McDougle said:
    @ Khyro for goodness sake fix your jewelry ;)
    They are both around 90 dur still, plenty of room to go!

You should see @Violet 's characters... their armor glows red in the EC...
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

edited March 2021

on this particular example, i used my free blessed nictitating lens as the destination object - you claim these for free as lost once a month in trinsic, and the blessed status of the destination object is being retained? so you can bless your helm for free with the potion? normally you can't even use a clothing bless deed on this particular helm, would require an item bless deed which is substantially more expensive.

(Not sure why it let me use the nictating lenses as destination anyway, since it had a property - Quest item. Incidentally you lose this.  (related https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7435/canvass-robe-loses-quest-item-status-upon-transmogrification/p1))

Also, there is a missing description of the type of armor that was transmogrified on this particular piece

So there are blank glasses and you want them not to be used.  The Mervyn is strong in you.
    edited March 2021
    "Latest patch of 15/3/21

still able to bless items that would normally require an item bless deed, using the head transmog potion. As the blessed status of the destination is being retained.  (Leather cap was not blessed prior to transmog) No clothing bless deed or items bless deed used in this example, (destination object was free nictitating lenses)

"
    Good we have glasses we can use. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    As I've stewed on it all day at work it just really bothers me that ee are going to make such a promising item basically useless because someone might use two potions to get an extra 3 lmc or a mendable orc helm i could suggest that any who wants to be at 55 lmc is already there and none of these things are game breaking enough to nerf this...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @Kyronix @Bleak ; Can I/We have a clarification on some wording.  I highlighted the two phrases and I understand what account bound means, just like the 14th shard shields is that any body on that account can collect and use the tokens.  You put the word Only the owner will be able to access the contents and I know it may sound like a nit pick buy there is a difference between all chars on an account and only the owner.  Are all my chars on that account going to be able to access and use those soulstones?

Enchanted Soulstone Vessel
    • Can store up to 20 large soulstones of the non-fragment type obtained via the Ultima Store and as Veteran Rewards
    • Becomes account bound once the owner secures it within a house
    • Only the owner will be able to access the contents
    • Blessed
    • Counts as one lockdown regardless of how many soulstones are contained within
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Bilbo said:
    @ Kyronix @ Bleak  Can I/We have a clarification on some wording.  I highlighted the two phrases and I understand what account bound means, just like the 14th shard shields is that any body on that account can collect and use the tokens.  You put the word Only the owner will be able to access the contents and I know it may sound like a nit pick buy there is a difference between all chars on an account and only the owner.  Are all my chars on that account going to be able to access and use those soulstones?

Enchanted Soulstone Vessel
    • Can store up to 20 large soulstones of the non-fragment type obtained via the Ultima Store and as Veteran Rewards
    • Becomes account bound once the owner secures it within a house
    • Only the owner will be able to access the contents
    • Blessed
    • Counts as one lockdown regardless of how many soulstones are contained within
    on TC, both chars on my main account could open it.
    when a co-owner (2nd account) tries, it says it doesn't belong to them
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Yoshi said:
    "Latest patch of 15/3/21

still able to bless items that would normally require an item bless deed, using the head transmog potion. As the blessed status of the destination is being retained.  (Leather cap was not blessed prior to transmog) No clothing bless deed or items bless deed used in this example, (destination object was free nictitating lenses)

"
    I guess the trade off there will be the price of the transmog potion versus the price of an item bless deed
    edited March 2021
    Mervyn dit: " @Kyronix ; I found something that is perhaps unintentional with the head transmog potion.

Some items cannot normally be altered for a gargoyle to wear in this example a  leather cap, However after transmogging onto glasses i was able to alter this to gargoyle.

What i wanted to test was the mask of khal ankhur artifact however character copy is currently down. The gargish version of Mask of khal ankhur is actually a pendant which takes the neck slot, so if you could transmog a mask of khal ankhur hat onto glasses then alter, you would then be able to wear 2 masks of khal ankhur. which ofcourse would be insanely OP.

I guess the fix for any potential exploit is to prevent the ability to alter any transmogrified items."

"(Now that character copy is back up, tested Mask of khal ankur cannot be transmogrified) however there are other high end artifacts that normally are not useable by a gargoyle that now are with the transmog hat:
    "
    ewrf.png 137.9K
    Yoshi said:
    "(Now that character copy is back up, tested Mask of khal ankur cannot be transmogrified) however there are other high end artifacts that normally are not useable by a gargoyle that now are with the transmog hat:
    "
    Why do you have something that is BLESSED Insured.  There use to be a bug with people losing stuff because of the double bless/ins and not sure if it ever got fixed %100
    edited March 2021
    "It is both blessed and insured as already described, the potion is erroneously retaining the blessed status on destination object when it should only retain blessed status of source object"
    edited March 2021
    RE: items that can be transmogged for garg use.  Wouldn't it be better to fix the underlying issue in that there should either be garg equivalent/variant versions of these artifacts, or a way to alter/convert them?

For instance, the armor of fortune should be convertible for garg usage.  The hunters headdress should convert to an earring with +20 throwing.  There are already several threads on this.

Another oddity here is you can transmog the scholars halo to glasses, but then those glasses cannot be worn by a garg.  The glasses could be worn by a garg prior to the transmog.  You may well lose the ability to convert for garg usage as well.

edited March 2021

Another oddity here is you can transmog the scholars halo to glasses, but then those glasses cannot be worn by a garg.  The glasses could be worn by a garg prior to the transmog.  You may well lose the ability to convert for garg usage as well.

"you're incorrect these can currently be altered"

Yoshi said:

That's good the glasses can be altered, but you appear to earlier say a fix should be to make these not alterable.  That doesn't seem like a good fix - why constrain an item to what could have been prior to transmog?

Ideally, if you transmog to glasses (e.g. scholar's halo), the item should be wearable by human, garg, elf alike, without needing further altering.   That is consistent with taking a hawkwinds robe and transmog to a parrot or convert onto tabard (both examples can be worn by any race).  The hawkwinds was not equippable by a garg prior to the "conversion".  So there is already some net benefit coming beyond just a cosmetic change.
    edited March 2021
    Yoshi said:

That's good the glasses can be altered, but you appear to earlier say a fix should be to make these not alterable.  That doesn't seem like a good fix - why constrain an item to what could have been prior to transmog?

Ideally, if you transmog to glasses (e.g. scholar's halo), the item should be wearable by human, garg, elf alike, without needing further altering.   That is consistent with taking a hawkwinds robe and transmog to a parrot or convert onto tabard (both examples can be worn by any race).  The hawkwinds was not equippable by a garg prior to the "conversion".  So there is already some net benefit coming beyond just a cosmetic change.

"This is the message they've programmed when trying to convert source and destination objects of different race requirements. So this suggests to me the potion is supposed to be cosmetic only.

As for your example of tabards and parrots opening up cross race conversions on robe transmogrification potions on live shards, I am unable to say if this was intentional or not.

incidentally, you cannot alter tear kite shields, and vrulkax will not accept the doom artifact "arcane shield" which is a tear kite shield, after transmogging the arcane shield onto a buckler (which you should be able to alter) i was unable to alter the resulting buckler arcane shield to gargoyle, so the shield transmog potion [correctly] does not appear to allow gargoyle alterations.
    "

Yoshi said:"
    incidentally, you cannot alter tear kite shields, and vrulkax will not accept the doom artifact "arcane shield" which is a tear kite shield, after transmogging the arcane shield onto a buckler (which you should be able to alter) i was unable to alter the resulting buckler arcane shield to gargoyle, so the shield transmog potion [correctly] does not appear to allow gargoyle alterations.
    "

"If anyone has any sort of tear kite shield they want to wear as a gargoyle, a solution is to transmog onto the unirace pirate shield:

"PS, I still am unable to repair my parrot"