Transmogrification Potion - Head piece - @Kyronix

Since this is already Live on Production, I dont know why was moved to Test Center.
When we were testing the Transmogrification Potion on Test Center, we were able to use on many different head pieces, I understand a lot of things were updated because the LMC. but few people still waiting for @Kyronix to respond the question about the Undead Wedding Veil.
a lot of people want to be able to use the potion on the Halo and Undead Veil, worked before on TC.
Now we tested and you can no longer use the potion on it. I mean, a wedding veil is supposed to be a cloth right? 

Bu I tried to use Tailoring tools and didnt work, the only one that I was allowed to use was a Smith hammer, so is the Undead Wedding Veil a Platemail???

Also, since we are on the same topic,  people been asking about Gargoyles. there is nothing that we can use the potion on it.

I understand that is a different race and all , but we should have something that we can use as well.

so far we have:
  • Khal Ankur Mask (Human Head Slot) and you have the same for Gargs as Pendant.
  • you have Halo (Human Head slot) that you can convert into Earrings.

How about all other head pieces available ingame that we cant use or convert?
  • Mark of Travesty
  • Aegis of Grace
  • Helm of Swiftness 

and I even tried to craft a garg earrings and still wont allow us to use the potion on it...

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    edited March 2021
    It was bugged has hell on test server...dont know why they rush it on prodo...super item that will make people happy but not ready
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Fortis said:
    It was bugged has hell on test server...dont know why they rush it on prodo
    No it worked great on TC.  They found quite a few things they did not like so they changed it a few times.  Hopefully they can fix this issue, cause they should be cloth.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Fortis said:
    It was bugged has hell on test server...dont know why they rush it on prodo...super item that will make people happy but not ready

we know a lot of people that want to buy those potions, because all the different choices that we could use. The Veil is one of them that people wanted to use and no idea why is considered platemail (since you can only repair with a hammer). a lot of people were waiting to finally use some different options for gargoyles and that was(is) a blow.
    we went testing it tonight using npc remove or add mage armor not sure many of what we got was intented
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    What steps are you doing specifically to get durability on the wedding veil so that it needs to be repaired?  Need some steps so that I can see where any issue might lie, we've got several systems interlocking here.

You cannot convert head slot items to earring slot items, they are different slots and we aren't going to allow conversion from one slot to another - that'd be balance pandemonium.

Also, there's no need to post multiple threads, across multiple forums, about the same issue.  It doesn't help the issue get visibility, and only complicates trying to keep the issue tracked.

Thanks for the feedback!
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    edited March 2021
    Yeah I was going to say, once it's transmogrified the durability goes away if you're using the veil so it shouldn't matter what material type it is since it doesn't need to be repaired....

Not sure if that's intended, I haven't seen anywhere that this has been mentioned that the durability goes away.

Or it's just not working on the Halo anymore?

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited March 2021
    Kyronix said:

You cannot convert head slot items to earring slot items, they are different slots and we aren't going to allow conversion from one slot to another - that'd be balance pandemonium.

The scholar's halo is converted to a gargoyle earring at the royal city artificer.  Now, given the earing/headslot on the garg likely has limited art options, not clear what use the current transmog potion would have for that case anyway.

For grins, the cambridge definition of Transmogrify: "to change or be changed completely".

Personally, I think the very first iteration of the potion was closest.  As is stands now, there are too many caveats and negatives that come with the latest iteration (you can strip mage armor prior to transmog, but not after?  If  I have an already refined piece, I can't transmog that?).  Heck, allow the potion user to decide if they want to influence LMC/material tradeoffs.  Not much different than choice of how to use the forged metal of artifacts tool :)

Unfortunately we have to restrict use of the potion on non-armor head slot items (Tophat, Undead Tophat, Veil) due to issues because they aren't TRUE armor wheras other head pieces are.  Unfortunate because of how fashionable they are, but necessary.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    And 2021 UO fashion died before it even started.
    @Kyronix is test server is up to date with the version going live?
    Not yet, I’ll post when it is here 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    So we can no longer transmog into the veil? *sighs*

I was going to buy more of those just so I could....this is very sad news, understandable though. Thanks for updating us Kyronix, even though it's not something we wanted to hear lol.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited March 2021
    Kyronix said:
    Unfortunately we have to restrict use of the potion on non-armor head slot items (Tophat, Undead Tophat, Veil) due to issues because they aren't TRUE armor wheras other head pieces are.  Unfortunate because of how fashionable they are, but necessary.

Is that on TC now?

We can still use Krampus Hat, Bake Hat, Chef Toupe, Pumpkin head?  Can use these right now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • @Larisa that is why we are crying about  <span>:neutral:</span>
    @Kyronix I wasnt trying to repaid, but trying to figure what kind of material the Veil was under, and the only tool that i was able to use to "repair" was the hammer, every other gave me the msg that you cant repair with this type of tool. so made me realize that Veil is under "Metal" , so no Med.  :(

since you can no longer use the potion from Halos into Veil, like may wanted.
    People were so happy about turning pieces like halo into Top Hat, Veil and pumpkin mask.
    but after the new patch , they no longer work bc the restrictions.
  • Kyronix said:

I mean, until this day, all those items were more like a fashion thing, so cant you just turn those items into "cloth" type of thing?  , I mean, would make a lot more sense, if you think about the RL items, such as Hats and Veils.
  • @Kyronix

You kind gave us that already!!
    as you can see, we can convert Halo into Gargoyle and they become earrings.
    so we all follow the same logic when you think about all others possibility like:
    Mark of Travesty and many others current not available for gargs.

than you have another Head piece for Humans like the Mask of Khal Ankur for humans.
    than we are so glad that you made available for garg version.

we are just asking for more love for the Gargs!

• @Kyronix just a follow up regarding the garg pieces and Veil
    We had to pull the veil-like items because they lack the armor properties that are required to transmog them.  Sorry for the disappointment but sometimes that's how the potion crumbles.