Pub 110 live on origin

very underwhelming i knew it would be staggered but all we get is coconut and hooks map ? i assume the new store items not out until the 15th ?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    McDougle said:
    very underwhelming i knew it would be staggered but all we get is coconut and hooks map ? i assume the new store items not out until the 15th ?
    Can you buy the Hook's Treasure Maps ?

It was my understanding from this Post here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/54704/#Comment_54704 , that this particular content (the Hook's Treasure Map) would become playable only in April....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    @popps i did not but you can 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    The map is not in the publish notes. Odd.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    The publish notes do say it will be a staggered release of items (similar to how Rising Tide worked) so it makes sense not to see all of them but it's certainly a head scratcher why the Hook's map was one of the items they chose to release first when the functionality (or story line) won't be active for another month (why not release something we can use right away like the SDI shield?). 

Now that I think about it, we could have guessed that would happen though because last week all the new rewards were removed from TC1 except for the coconut and map.
    Origin was created to be a live shard TC i mean our slogan is we shall lead the way what's the point in releasing to the test shards early if there is nothing to test....
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    You can get the hook's map now because its a quest item for future content, wanted to give people ample time to get them collected.  The other black market items will be staggered.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Question:  Are we likely to want, or need, more than one map? Is more better?
    edited March 2021
    Kyronix said:
    You can get the hook's map now because its a quest item for future content, wanted to give people ample time to get them collected.  The other black market items will be staggered.
    Hold it....

If Hook's Treasure Map is only a Quest Item, does it still mean we will be able to do this Quest multipe times (and thus find our Hook's Treasure Multiple times) or will it be a 1 time only Quest (I hope not !!) ?
    edited March 2021
    I sure hope that yes ! We will be able to dig up more that one Hook's Treasure chest !!

It is not like that Map comes any cheap at 150,000 Doubloons... a Triton statuette is cheaper....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    popps said:
    I sure hope that yes ! We will be able to dig up more that one Hook's Treasure chest !!

It is not like that Map comes any cheap at 150,000 Doubloons... a Triton statuette is cheaper....
    You seem to be making an assumption that Hook's Treasure will be exactly like a regular treasure map treasure, only a step beyond 'trove'.  After 20 years of playing, I have learned that assumptions are not always wise.  I will wait for the event to see just what, exactly, is a treasure in the eyes of 'Hook'. 
    popps said:

You seem to be making an assumption that Hook's Treasure will be exactly like a regular treasure map treasure, only a step beyond 'trove'.  After 20 years of playing, I have learned that assumptions are not always wise.  I will wait for the event to see just what, exactly, is a treasure in the eyes of 'Hook'. 
    Well, reading the Map's description is does read : "The Map likely leads to a great Treasure, however, understanding it is beyond your comprehension "

So, as I understand it, the Map can take to a great Treasure (after all it is a Pirate's Map...) only, one first need to do something, perhaps this Quest that is being mentioned, to be able to decode this Map...

At least, this is the way I understand what it says....
    Stop asking me questions about Hook's Map or the price goes up and you walk the plank!
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    lol
    Kyronix said:
    Stop asking me questions about Hook's Map or the price goes up and you walk the plank!
    well we did ask him to be more active.....
    i do love the palm trees!!
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Aye the palm trees are amazing...I just wish my home deco worked with them...I might just have to re-design my Luna house.....what with the palm trees and hooks treasure chest coming....a pirate themed vendor house....mmm the possibilities.....

Can't wait for that shield recipe!

(Restraining myself from mentioning the treasure map though I am VERY curious....*bites nails*)

edited March 2021
    I think the map is deco or will be used as a turn in quest item.  Fine by me.  Poor Popps thinks he is gonna get some super treasure map that gives out Halos and Feudal Grips.
    Pawain said:
    I think the map is deco or will be used as a turn in quest item.  Fine by me.  Poor Popps thinks he is gonna get some super treasure map that gives out Halos and Feudal Grips.
    Actually, I was hoping that it'd give Enchantress Cameos.... :)
    For 150,000 doubloons it better be more then deco! Even if it's just a special treasure map to a new kind of treasure with some deco inside it that would be cool...it's for the Soulless Seduction Event....the image portrayed looks like a dirty old man hittin on a bar wench ;) so maybe still pirate..ish related??

Anyway....looking forward to the next event...hopefully once the publish goes WW that event will start up soon after. 

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Actually, I was hoping that it'd give Enchantress Cameos.... :)

I honestly can't tell if he is being serious or just facetious! LOL
    I had to go back and re-read what Kyronix said...

You can get the hook's map now because its a quest item for future content

So it's NOT just deco, it's a quest item....a one time off quest perhaps or can be done by all characters on an acct meaning you'd need at least 6 x 150k doubloons.....

AHH stop speculating I don't want to walk the plank...will just wait anxiously for A Pirates Life :)

• jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    I was thinking the same @Marge
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    McDougle said:
    Origin was created to be a live shard TC i mean our slogan is we shall lead the way what's the point in releasing to the test shards early if there is nothing to test....
    Thats why they added Izumo and Baja, JK.  LOL
    Well...let's see. The Vet rewards are showing in the vet reward list....the coconuts are available as is the map and medallions. I wasn't around for that the first time, got one, put it on to run the Jolly Rogers quest.....that thing is EVIL! It makes me say things I don't like....*frowns*

Nothing new in the store yet.

I am hoping that after WWP the next treasures of event will go live.

Yes he said here and on Test center it will be used later. It may be like the Black Gate quest where you turn it in and get a different item or it may become activated or we may gain that Title and be able to read more. 

But right now it is deco and Ill use it as such.
    Why would you take VS down on Izumo, Baja and Origin just because they have pub 110?  You make us Test shards and punish us for it.  NO VS NO Xfer  What is next shard revert to make us all the same.  @Kyronix @Bleak @Misk @Mesanna @Mesanna1
    @Bilbo the shards are running different versions.  Like it or not, we are at the mercy of how technology works.  
    Kyronix said:
    @ Bilbo the shards are running different versions.  Like it or not, we are at the mercy of how technology works.  
    So VS can not support Pub110
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Bilbo said:
    Kyronix said:
    @ Bilbo the shards are running different versions.  Like it or not, we are at the mercy of how technology works.  
    So VS can not support Pub110
    The more likely scenario is that they changed the way the VS database is queried in the patch to fix the issues associated with it, and VS will not work until they run maintenance on the DB server. So it's either break VS on the 3 test shards until WWR, or break VS on every other shard until WWR.

Baja/Origin/Izumo have been "live test" shards for a long time. It really shouldn't be news to anyone to expect possible issues on those shards on Patch Day.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    It seems the same as TC, not sure which book strap is for rune book or spellbook.

• Spellbook Strap – 3 Year
      • Blessed container to accept only spellbooks
      • Holds up to 25 spellbooks
      • When a player dies, all contents will remain in the spellbook strap
      • Spellbooks can be used to cast spells while in this sub-container
    • Runebook Strap – 3 Year
      • Blessed container to accept only runebooks & runic atlases
      • Holds up to 25 books
      • When a player dies, all contents will remain in the runebook strap
      • Runebooks can be used while in this sub-container

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs