don't leave your ship

2»

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    And only placed trusted people in Officer positions.  During the last pirate event I left my ship at the docks, only to return the next day to it being scuttled.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    @Petra_Fyde, The correct commands are: "Fire port broadside"    OR "Fire starboard broadside".  These work on ship?  I never know as I was clicking, clicking etc..
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Just for you :)

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    That's cool.  I hope the reload works in CC.  Thanks
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited March 2021
    How do you fire Bow cannon in words?  Fire bow cannon not working for me.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    as far as I know, to fire individual cannons you still use the gump, only the broadside is spoken.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    "Forward Right"  another new command for me. I was using 2 different commands - Forward then Right.  Thank you again Petra!

Hippo said:
    "Forward Right"  another new command for me. I was using 2 different commands - Forward then Right.  Thank you again Petra!

Oops, I hadn't realised those 4 commands were missing from the ships guide. I will remedy that asap. In addition to Forward Right, there is also Forward Left, Backward Right and Backward Left.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    Mariah said:
    Hippo said:

Oops, I hadn't realised those 4 commands were missing from the ships guide. I will remedy that asap. In addition to Forward Right, there is also Forward Left, Backward Right and Backward Left.
    Velocity options for the Ordinal directions as well:

Slow Forward Right, Slow Forward Left, Slow Back Right, Slow Back Left
    and
    Forward Right One, Forward Left One, Back Right One, Back Left One
    -Arroth
    Also I was with another player and he said a lot of commands.  One included furl sails. So there must be more.  @Mariah
    edited March 2021
    UnFurl Sail and Furl Sail are the same as Forward and Stop. You can also say Port and Starboard in place of Left and Right for some of the commands and Come About instead of Turn Around.

I don't remember exactly, but I think simplified sailing commands were introduced with the need for localization (late 90's maybe?). I could be very wrong here and both types of sailing commands may have existed since launch. 

Does the tillerman still give a vocal response to "Drop Anchor" and "Raise Anchor" in the CC? I know the commands themselves no longer do anything and that the tillerman doesn't respond to them in any way in the EC, but I think you still get the bark response in the CC.

UOGuide has a longer list:
    Boats - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
    -Arroth
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Some of you land lubbers were slow to figure things out :P
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Me fingers be too slow matey.
    edited March 2021
    UnFurl Sail and Furl Sail are the same as Forward and Stop. You can also say Port and Starboard in place of Left and Right for some of the commands and Come About instead of Turn Around.

I don't remember exactly, but I think simplified sailing commands were introduced with the need for localization (late 90's maybe?). I could be very wrong here and both types of sailing commands may have existed since launch. 

Does the tillerman still give a vocal response to "Drop Anchor" and "Raise Anchor" in the CC? I know the commands themselves no longer do anything and that the tillerman doesn't respond to them in any way in the EC, but I think you still get the bark response in the CC.

UOGuide has a longer list:
    Boats - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Interestingly, UOGuide is missing the same diagonal commands as the ships guide, it appears longer because it has listed individually some that I have put together.
    for example, the ships guide has:
    Forward One (or Back One, Right One, Left One) – Moves the boat one tile in the direction commanded
    I can add in the nautical terms for those who want them.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    Me fingers be too slow matey.

Need to wear SSI gloves :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    @Mariah

Nicely done with the command list.

You might still want to add Forward Right One (or Left) and Backward Right One (or Left).
    -Arroth
    Doh!  thanks
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    I've learned a lot from this thread, thanks! lol