Vendor Search: You listened before, so please, listen again.

124»

Comments

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    keven2002 said:
    Seems like the ATL issues with VS has infected other shards. Trying to search on Origin and getting "too vague"  on  pretty much anything I try for item name ("tangle" etc). I hopped over to Europa and getting same message. Is VS working for anyone on any shard?? 

**This is after it takes 2min or so and basically times out (exactly what it does on ATL). I saw that VS was greyed out earlier on Origin so not sure if there is an issue with VS in general today.
    Ya, VS has been screwed up on pretty much every shard for the past few days. It's completely unuseable. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I think the entire issue with VS is, at least on Atl, people are running search scripts all day to automatically adjust their prices on items. Yeah this is a stretch I know, but think outside the box at the benefits of having just the right price for every item at any given time you sell, to get it to sell fast...
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    keven2002 said:
    Seems like the ATL issues with VS has infected other shards. Trying to search on Origin and getting "too vague"  on  pretty much anything I try for item name ("tangle" etc). I hopped over to Europa and getting same message. Is VS working for anyone on any shard?? 

**This is after it takes 2min or so and basically times out (exactly what it does on ATL). I saw that VS was greyed out earlier on Origin so not sure if there is an issue with VS in general today.
    Same thing on great lakes...

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @Kyronix @Bleak @keven2002  I was just on other shards to check on my shard hopping chars and logged them in and got the standard vague reply as Atl so I recalled out to the world (TRAM) and walked around a bit then recalled back to Luna and VS worked and that was on 2 different shards Balhae and Great Lakes so I logged on other shards and just used chars that are in Luna for gift collection Origin, Pac and Cats same results so I tried Atl and got the vague with my bank sitter so recalled to TRAM, walked around and recalled back to Luna.  I forgot to mention I walked around Luna until I got the you are under the protection text.  I tried Atl VS and about fell out of my chair when it worked had to log due to grandbaby duty but will try later to see if this works next time, crosses fingers.
  • looploop Posts: 301
    I think the entire issue with VS is, at least on Atl, people are running search scripts all day to automatically adjust their prices on items. Yeah this is a stretch I know, but think outside the box at the benefits of having just the right price for every item at any given time you sell, to get it to sell fast...
    It would be counterproductive to run scripts against VS for the purposes of setting better prices, only to break it in the process. More likely to me (speculation, I admit) is that the intention is to disrupt the game in general, draw eyes to RMT sites as players get frustrated, and to damage Broadsword's reputation.

That's all assuming the VS outage is due to automated spamming, which is reasonable to think considering the latest newsletter's indication that they will be placing restrictions on Endless Journey accounts' usage of it. It's unfortunate that Endless Journey accounts are the casualty here when fundamentally the problems with VS indicate some problem with its scalability and security.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 174
    OMG im literally laughing out loud right now, their fix for VS is to change the message from to vague to taking to long, thats what it tells you now.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
     :'(   
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    In pub 110 they will be making the following changes to VS:
    • Endless Journey accounts can no longer use the item name search
    • Endless Journey accounts will now receive a 60-second cooldown between searches
    • All item name searches are now limited up to three words
    • Updated error messaging
    • Database maintenance
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited March 2021
    So now I am getting  'your search took too long to complete, please refine your search criteria and try again' I mean wtf?     I am searching for a 120 resisting spells, put 'resisting spells' in the top, put a $$ bracket at 30million +, low to high, then in skill select resisting spells and putting in 0 as the default.  And yeah I have tried MULTIPLE different search strings.  I hope this isn't the 'new' fix if so bring back the illegal websites, I am kinda over VS.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    MissE said:
    So now I am getting  'your search took too long to complete, please refine your search criteria and try again' I mean wtf?     I am searching for a 120 resisting spells, put 'resisting spells' in the top, put a $$ bracket at 30million +, low to high, then in skill select resisting spells and putting in 0 as the default.  And yeah I have tried MULTIPLE different search strings.  I hope this isn't the 'new' fix if so bring back the illegal websites, I am kinda over VS.
    Have to click the scroll type from the skill group.  Don't put a number then put your start price.

I think all they changed was the message.  I see no evidence of database maintenance.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    MissE said:
    Have to click the scroll type from the skill group.  Don't put a number then put your start price.

I think all they changed was the message.  I see no evidence of database maintenance.

Yeah well some things  you just can't work around.  Nothing has been fixed.  A different message is not a fix, just another way to aggravate  you.   Last time I asked I was told to put the scroll type and put 0, and do it high to low, then before that I was told something different and before that something different again,  what works one day doesn't work another day. I had done it that way too and still got 'too long'.   I just do not understand how they cannot make this work.  Every other game I have ever played had data base markets and NONE of them had this rubbish going on continuously. Games with much bigger data sets than UO. 

Cheers MissE

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    But what is it that broke the VS? Until May/June 2020 when I supspended playing until December 2020 the VS was fully functional...
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    edited March 2021

they said ej supposely cant use word for search you still can...maybe not activate yet

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    "scroll resi"
    Use scroll first then the first 4 letters.  Search high to low.  Leave the cost alone.  If you are looking for the low end scrolls then search low to high.  If there is anything more to see let the game take care of changing the gold amount.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Another vendor search discussion, 104 comments and no meaning response from UO.  All I found from UO was a general link to the new legacy newsletter.  Maybe there is something on vendor search in the this newsletter but I could not find it.  No I don’t play on Atlantic nor am I able to travel there and yes it’s been really unstable on my shard too the last couple of weeks especially this one.

Dear team how about a response about why it does not work.  Did not read all 104 posts maybe there is a response from UO I don’t see it.  Let’s end the speculation.  Just tell us why it does not work and what if anything can be done.  Right now 
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    How is it getting worse... I can't even search "wh" for whetstone with the price point being right at the item. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,083
    I've noticed that other shards besides ATL haven't been working as well lately either. 
    Find Blackrock Stew, blackrock didn't work, stew didn't work, kinda run out of words after that lol

Cheers MissE

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    Just tried this at Atlantic when population is Medium, it works.

So as mentioned before its likely all due to server load. A simple phrase may help but if its already overloaded then nothing else would work.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Now it does not work.

This is serious, maybe need to wipe the server clean and reinstall like we always do...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs