Fizzz casting EVs

As you can see above, that the character temp plate.  Now this has not happen a lot before but last night fighting crystal demons I would fizz a lot before getting my EVs off.  It would be like four or five tries before a EV would pop.
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    That gets frustrating for sure. I have the same problem occasionally. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Happens to me ALL the time even at 120 Magery....should not happen at all with 120 imo but with 110 you should expect to fizzle sometimes.

• Raise that evil and magery to 120. Should help alot
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Happens to me too.  As an elder mage think they should appear about 87% of time yet they fail two or three times in a row sometimes.  Terrain seems to make a huge difference.  Much harder to cast in wooded areas with line of sight often being an issue.  Spell seems to be failing more now than it did before in open areas as well.
    Note if you were cursed with feeble mind that can do it to.  Sometimes it is easy to miss that when the action gets hot.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited March 2021
    Ya they better adjust this for NL if there are no power scrolls.  When I make a new mage toon for doing Shrine battles, I have to put their magery to 110.  At 100 magery it takes so many tries that you rarely have 2 EVs out at once.  Sometimes you dont even make one before the captain is dead.  I had to use Blade Spirits at 100 Magery.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Larisa said:
    Happens to me ALL the time even at 120 Magery....should not happen at all with 120 imo but with 110 you should expect to fizzle sometimes.

Are you sure you weren't being hit (or had a magery weapon in your hands)? I have 120 magery on most chars these days and I've never fizzled on a spell from failing to cast (only ever interruptions).
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2021
    “Hello, you have 0% chance of fizzling energy vortex at 120 magery, even at 0 eval. It is possible your concentration was disturbed, or if you’re running in protection, being mana drained/vamped(to a level on mana below what is required) or paralysed after casting will have the same effect”-+-
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.