Publish 110 Feedback - Vet Rewards

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
For Vet Reward Feedback

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    How do I get them?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited March 2021
    I would like to leave my feedback on the Gargish Totem of Essence Veteran Reward.

I think that, considering the large quantity that one needs of essences for imbuing purposes (10 of each type for just imbuing 1 property on 1 item), I think that this 7th Year Veteran Reward only giving 1/week with a cache of max 10 is way too low.

I think that it should be at the very least 3 or 5 per day with a Cache of 100 or 200 (but 10 per day would be more reasonable, to my opinion). This way, it would take like 2 or 3 days to imbue 1 property on 1 item, 10 to 15 days to imbue 5 properties on 1 item and 90 to 135 days to imbue a full suit of 9 items with jewellery, weapon, shield.....

With 3 to 5 essences per day, it would still take 3 to 4 and a half months to get enough Essences to imbue a full suit !!

Definitively 1/week is not functional at all. Would take 10 weeks to imbue 1 property on 1 item, 50 weeks to imbue 5 properties on 1 item and 450 weeks (8.65 YEARS !!!!) to get enough Essences to imbue a full suit of 9 items ?

Seriously ??

Please, PLEASE, increase the amount of Essences that this Veteran Reward can give....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Essences come from the Stygian Abyss mini champs, and for serious imbuing that's where you should get them. Essences from maps, exodus boxes and this totem are a nice 'extra', they're not meant to replace the main drop, taking away the reason to do that content.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    ^^^^^ You go girl. ^^^^^
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2021

popps said:
    I would like to leave my feedback on the Gargish Totem of Essence Veteran Reward.

I think that, considering the large quantity that one needs of essences for imbuing purposes (10 of each type for just imbuing 1 property on 1 item), I think that this 7th Year Veteran Reward only giving 1/week with a cache of max 10 is way too low.

I think that it should be at the very least 3 or 5 per day with a Cache of 100 or 200 (but 10 per day would be more reasonable, to my opinion). This way, it would take like 2 or 3 days to imbue 1 property on 1 item, 10 to 15 days to imbue 5 properties on 1 item and 90 to 135 days to imbue a full suit of 9 items with jewellery, weapon, shield.....

With 3 to 5 essences per day, it would still take 3 to 4 and a half months to get enough Essences to imbue a full suit !!

Definitively 1/week is not functional at all. Would take 10 weeks to imbue 1 property on 1 item, 50 weeks to imbue 5 properties on 1 item and 450 weeks (8.65 YEARS !!!!) to get enough Essences to imbue a full suit of 9 items ?

Seriously ??

Please, PLEASE, increase the amount of Essences that this Veteran Reward can give....

Well, you can always get more than one of them, either using your VR Slots or buying them on the "aftermarket"...
    The book straps have the same name.  They could have different names.  The color is just a little different.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    I assumed the spellbooks would drop back into the book strap when you use switch weapon macro on CC.  Just noticed that they fall into your main pack.  Am rethinking if they are even useful now as my backpack will still be in disarray when switching between different slayers or a mage weapon.
    edited March 2021
    Essences come from the Stygian Abyss mini champs, and for serious imbuing that's where you should get them. Essences from maps, exodus boxes and this totem are a nice 'extra', they're not meant to replace the main drop, taking away the reason to do that content.
    I can understand that but stll, 1 a week ?

It is really way too low a rate.....

And, as I mentioned, even if they made it 3 to 5 essences per day, it would still take 3 to 4 and a half months to get enough Essences to imbue a full suit.... can we really expect any player to wait some 3 or 4 or 5 months before they get Essences sufficient to make a suit ?

Of course that they won't wait that long and that they would hit some spawn to get whatever Essences they might need...

So, raising up the yield of Essences from the Gargish Totem of Essence Veteran Reward, even significantly, I do not think, by no means, that it would stop players to need hitting some spawn if they really want to make enough imbuing to craft a suit, not to mention, if they are Crafters for a living and make suits to sell in the game.... can you imagine having to wait ridicolously long times for the Statue to give them Essences to imbue anything that they can sell ?

But 1 a week, c'mon, that REALLY makes this Veteran Reward, a 7th Year, by the way, totally unappealing and useless to pick.....

Not to mention that, personally, I see nothing wrong in a Crafter, a NON Fighting character, to be able to get the materials that he/she needs to imbue and craft items to then sell in Ultima Online to make a living, without having to necessarily "have to" fight to get them.... at least, allow them to get a "decent" quantity without having to necessarily "have to" fight, for a non-fighting character.....
    edited March 2021
    Ivenor said:

popps said:

Seriously ??

Well, you can always get more than one of them, either using your VR Slots or buying them on the "aftermarket"...
    LOL, and how expensive would such a thing then make those Essences ?

One would be way, but WAY more better off to just buy the Essences at whatever price they sell for, currently, on Atlantic, about 5k to 10k per...

Say that this particular Veteran Reward will sell for (just throwing a price out there for the sake of the discussion) 10 millions gp, at 5k to 10k per Essence cost on Vendor Search on Atlantic,  this would mean some 1,000 to 2,000 Essences worth....

If the yield rate was to stay at 1 per week, this would mean that if one was to buy a Gargish Totem of Essence Veteran Reward for 10 millions gps, they would need some 1,000 to 2,000 WEEKS before they were to get their gold worth back from the Essences received from this thing....

Folks, there is 52 weeks in 1 Year so, a player who put UP FRONT 10 millions gps NOW, they would have to wait from 19 to 38 YEARS before they were to get, "eventually", their purchasing gold back from the Essences received from this particular Veteran Reward....

Guys, at a price of 10 millions gps one would need 19 to 38 YEARS before they will ever get their UO gold worth back in the Essences this statue will give !!!! And they spent their gold UP FRONT to purchase it !!

This is NOT reasonable, at least to my opinion....

If things stay like this, hardly anyone will pick this Veteran Reward, there is way better Veteran Rewards worth 1 pick, NOR they will spend their UO gold to buy one, it just would be not logical on an economic point of view. They would simply go to Vendor Search and spend their gold to buy Essences there, and not to buy such a useless Veteran Reward, me thinks.

It looks good as Deco, though... well Designed as far as Deco goes.....

That is at least as I see it.
    Grace said:
    I assumed the spellbooks would drop back into the book strap when you use switch weapon macro on CC.  Just noticed that they fall into your main pack.  Am rethinking if they are even useful now as my backpack will still be in disarray when switching between different slayers or a mage weapon.
    Did you try to test what happens if one dies ?

Do they remain in the strap or do they get booted anyways in one's own main backpack littering it as it has been so far ?
  • CC: If no spellbook is in the main bag, you cannot cast any spell. Aka "you don't have this spell"
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    So a filled spellbook then also has to be in the main bag and also all the slayers you are actively using will have to be in the main bag too.

I had hoped if I bring say my main book and four slayers I could change between them with a macro and the non active one would fall back in the bookstrap.

I did not test the dying issue popps as if I died while fighting the books I brought with me in the bookstrap would be littering the main pack and blessed anyway.
    Grace said:
    So a filled spellbook then also has to be in the main bag and also all the slayers you are actively using will have to be in the main bag too.

I had hoped if I bring say my main book and four slayers I could change between them with a macro and the non active one would fall back in the bookstrap.

I did not test the dying issue popps as if I died while fighting the books I brought with me in the bookstrap would be littering the main pack and blessed anyway.
    If things are as people are saying, I honestly cannot see, for the life of me, what usefullness these straps will be of....

Why would anyone want to waste a Veterans Reward pick on them if they are of no realistic good usefullness ?

I do not get it......
  • I have to agree with popps here. The 1 per week with a max of 10 is far too low for the reasons he's mentioned.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    I agree, 1 a week is useless.  You need 10 essence just to imbue 1 property on an item.  10 a week would at least make it somewhat useful with a cap of 100.
  • Has there been confirmation of how many straps you receive when you claim it?
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Has there been confirmation of how many straps you receive when you claim it?
    1 unfortunately. So if you want a Spellbook Strap and a Runebook Strap, you need to use 2 Vet Rewards per character.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• Khyro said:
    1 unfortunately. So if you want a Spellbook Strap and a Runebook Strap, you need to use 2 Vet Rewards per character.

I really hope the devs consider upping it to 3 or so. It isn't worth the vet pick choice with all the other options already out there. If you receive 3, it gives the pick a little more value.
    You still need a spell book with spells in your hand or backpack to cast.

The Publish notes say you just need in the Strap.

• Spellbooks can be used to cast spells while in this sub-container
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Khyro said:

I really hope the devs consider upping it to 3 or so. It isn't worth the vet pick choice with all the other options already out there. If you receive 3, it gives the pick a little more value.

I agree - it should be at least three - like the auction safes.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Why is the bookstraps 25 books, how many different spell books are there and who carries 25 rune books much less 25 atlas rune books.  Cant get to game so what does the gump look like with all those books in them.
    You have to use 2 picks to get both Book Straps.  They should come as a set or have multiples.

Or better yet, be on the Huntsmaster Challenge.
    I use CC and the straps opened up and looked like regular backpack. My mage has about 40 spellbooks but of course I don't carry that many on me. My tmapper has 6 or 7 runic atlases on her so I can see people that still use the old runebooks have tons more.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    So how do we get them?  Log on enough times for the vet reward gump to show?
    They have clickys at Brit Commons.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    If you put 25 runebooks in one of those book straps does the item count for your backpack count as 1 item or 26 items (ie 25 books and 1 book strap) ? 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    edited March 2021
    MissE said:
    If you put 25 runebooks in one of those book straps does the item count for your backpack count as 1 item or 26 items (ie 25 books and 1 book strap) ? 
    The book strap does not reduce the count.  It counts as 1 and each book you put in still counts as 1.

They can not reduce count because you could be at 125 and remove books from the straps and put in your backpack and then what?

Would be nice if they counted as 1 when locked down tho.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    The spellbook strap as it currently exists doesn't resolve any of the issues that caused it to be repeatedly requested by players.

1) Remove the 25 book limit, we already have backpack limit that we can't exceed. Many mages practice multiple schools of magic and may carry an absurd number of books. Don't preemptively punish them with unnecessary restrictions.

2) Books pulled from the strap need to return there when swapped for another. If they don't, then the strap doesn't actually serve a useful purpose.

3) Both straps need a descriptor:  a spellbook strap and a runebook strap

The "Black Gate" statue is also a disappointment. It doesn't even remotely resemble the rectangular gate the was in game, it's just a frame from the (mostly) unused moongate animation. 
  • The "Black Gate" statue is also a disappointment. It doesn't even remotely resemble the rectangular gate the was in game, it's just a frame from the (mostly) unused moongate animation. 

It looks like the black gate that pops up when you summon the Harrower. It's just a coincidence that the recent event has that name.

When activated, it makes a moongate sound or evil laugh when you walk by. I wish it was larger or and/or animated a little. Not sure if it's worth an 8th year pick. If if functioned as a moongate I'd get it. As deco, I may buy one if it's ever cheap enough.
    Yes the Black gate should be a Home Moongate.