Pet with Bushdio hit me with his attack while fighting a monster

FugaziFugazi Posts: 21
My triton with bushido was fighting a monster and it was taking awhile and his tag went from green to a grey background. He did a an aoe bushdio attack and it hit and killed me. Is this expected?

Comments

• FugaziFugazi Posts: 21
    his nameplate was grey which was wierd
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    You attacked him so he hit you back.
    Bilbo said:
    You attacked him so he hit you back.
    I was litteraly standing there watching my pet do the fighting, how did i attack him?

You could have been in war mode and clicked his health bar, you could have cast a spell and targeted him because he was so close to the MOB he was attacking, you could have an area spell go off.  There are a number of ways you could have accidently attacked him and not know it, I have done it and so have others.  Also what you were fighting could have turned him against you.
    i was literally standing there no spells no war mode nothing
     what was he killing and what else was in the area.
    Bilbo said:
    He was killing a paragon balron and there was 3 imps in the other side of the room, i dragged the triton to a corner and let him kill balron, but it was going slow, first he had the green name tag, then it went blue then it went silver/grey like a neutral nameplate. then i got whacked when he did his aoe
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Pet aoes randomly hit guilded players, and in some cases, blue players in tram(my banes poison breath killed several in tram during 2018 halloween event). On going bug that i sometimes enjoy.
    edited March 2021
    Fugazi said:
    Bilbo said:
    He was killing a paragon balron and there was 3 imps in the other side of the room, i dragged the triton to a corner and let him kill balron, but it was going slow, first he had the green name tag, then it went blue then it went silver/grey like a neutral nameplate. then i got whacked when he did his aoe
    Going from Green to Blue happens all the time with Guild pets it is just like a command timer, even a kill command on the same target he is killing will turn it back to green.  It is the gray tag that is concerning.  There were MOBs that could turn your pet against you but I don't think it was a Balron and as Norry said that there was/still is?? a bug that even Bank Sitting pissed your pet off and he would smack you, LOL.  All my Tamers still have the all stop, all stay command on a quick key because when the old bug was hitting people.
    I just noticed that you said Paragon.  Paragons have been known to retarget and attack the Tamer and not the pet attacking it.
    Bilbo said:
    Fugazi said:
    Bilbo said:
    Going from Green to Blue happens all the time with Guild pets it is just like a command timer, even a kill command on the same target he is killing will turn it back to green.  It is the gray tag that is concerning.  There were MOBs that could turn your pet against you but I don't think it was a Balron and as Norry said that there was/still is?? a bug that even Bank Sitting pissed your pet off and he would smack you, LOL.  All my Tamers still have the all stop, all stay command on a quick key because when the old bug was hitting people.
    I just noticed that you said Paragon.  Paragons have been known to retarget and attack the Tamer and not the pet attacking it.
    True but it was a bushido attack and i don't think the paragon balron has this ability