don't leave your ship

in the water in Fel i know we shouldn't need to say this but someone left a britannia ship in the water on Pac and of course she be scuttled now so if you didn't know before players can attack your ship in fel...
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Also do not leave them on Public, Players can steal your cannons and ammo.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    McDougle said:
    in the water in Fel i know we shouldn't need to say this but someone left a britannia ship in the water on Pac and of course she be scuttled now so if you didn't know before players can attack your ship in fel...
    I was wondering when that britannian ship would get scuttled.  I can not imagine the amount of wood and cloth needed to repair it. My gargoyle ship takes a couple thousand.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Gate your legendary crafter aboard to repair ships - takes ALOT less material.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Yup and put a +60 smith hammer in your hand to repair the cannon.  A lot less ingots.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,176
    So for Rising Tides what was the best ship to use? I have been prepping my Britannia Ship because it holds the most...but is it too big to maneuver? 

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    @Marge @Pawain dam that’s good info ty
    @Larisa, I used a gargoyle ship because you can operate two cannons at the same time if you are soloing.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Orc ships most damage!!
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Yw dvvid :)

Larisa - get an Orc Ship - their cannons do 50% more damage which means you save on ammo.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    TimSt said:
    McDougle said:
    I was wondering when that britannian ship would get scuttled.  I can not imagine the amount of wood and cloth needed to repair it. My gargoyle ship takes a couple thousand.
    Out of curiosity, is it worth more the amount of ammunitions needed to scuttle a Britannian Ship or the resources needed to repair it ?

That is, is it economically worth it to scuttle a Ship with an empty Hold ?
    @popps Players scuttle other players ships for the fun of it. They might get a perverse sense of joy out of making other people suffer.
    edited February 2021
    TimSt said:
    @ popps Players scuttle other players ships for the fun of it. They might get a perverse sense of joy out of making other people suffer.
    Well, maybe the scuttled player might be the laughing one then, if the player who did the scuttling had to spend more worth in ammunitions as what the scuttled Ship player will have to spend to repair it...

That is, the last laugh might be on the scuttled player, not really on the player who did the scuttling....

This is of course, assuming an empty Hold or with worthless stuff on the scuttled Ship....
  • popps said:
    TimSt said:
    @ popps Players scuttle other players ships for the fun of it. They might get a perverse sense of joy out of making other people suffer.
    Well, maybe the scuttled player might be the laughing one then, if the player who did the scuttling had to spend more worth in ammunitions as what the scuttled Ship player will have to spend to repair it...

That is, the last laugh might be on the scuttled player, not really on the player who did the scuttling....

This is of course, assuming an empty Hold or with worthless stuff on the scuttled Ship....
    not so much, the scuttling player can then go scuttle two npc ships and they have more ammo than when they started, even after scuttling a Britannian Warship.  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited February 2021
    popps said:
    TimSt said:

not so much, the scuttling player can then go scuttle two npc ships and they have more ammo than when they started, even after scuttling a Britannian Warship.  
    Well, the scuttling of the NPCs ships will also need an ammunitions expenditure which will add up to that which they needed to spend to scuttle the player's Britannian Ship...

Not sure if in the end the ammunitions' tally will be a positive or, rather, a negative one...

Not to mention the time which they had to put into all that scuttling...

And to the scuttled Britannian ship player it would just take a few minutes if not less and a few resources to bring it back to full health...

It really is debatable whether scuttling an empty hold Ship is really worth it, even if for the "fun of it"....
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    Scuttling a player ship is 100% worth it for the fun of it. It's a right of passage for those that think they can leave they boat wherever they please in Fel...ie don't act like a Trammie in Fel because there are different rules  >:)

I left my ship out in Fel overnight before getting near land to dry dock... I thought "I haven't seen a player on these waters in years; I'm good"...came back next morning and she be scuttled. Learned my lesson! I will take the extra 5min to dry dock it next time so I don't need to log my crafter in to fix my ship before sailing again!
  • popps said:
    popps said:
    TimSt said:

Well, the scuttling of the NPCs ships will also need an ammunitions expenditure which will add up to that which they needed to spend to scuttle the player's Britannian Ship...

Not sure if in the end the ammunitions' tally will be a positive or, rather, a negative one...

Not to mention the time which they had to put into all that scuttling...

And to the scuttled Britannian ship player it would just take a few minutes if not less and a few resources to bring it back to full health...

It really is debatable whether scuttling an empty hold Ship is really worth it, even if for the "fun of it"....
    no debate to it Popps, i can scuttle a Britannian ship, then take out two NPC ships, and you could never tell i used any ammo. as far as the time, are you serious?? we play this game to have fun and the time put in is always worth it. if someone finds scuttling stray player ships in fel fun, it is hardly a waste of their time and you would be surprised at how many ships get left in fel with full holds . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,347
    TimSt said:
    @ Larisa, I used a gargoyle ship because you can operate two cannons at the same time if you are soloing.
    Why stop at 2? Charge them all and fire a broadside!  (start charging on each cannon, it will keep going if you move out of range as long as you don't actually leave the ship)
    Then issue the command 'fire port (or starboard) broadside'.  Fun Fun.
    keven2002 said:
    Scuttling a player ship is 100% worth it for the fun of it. It's a right of passage for those that think they can leave they boat wherever they please in Fel...ie don't act like a Trammie in Fel because there are different rules  >:)

I left my ship out in Fel overnight before getting near land to dry dock... I thought "I haven't seen a player on these waters in years; I'm good"...came back next morning and she be scuttled. Learned my lesson! I will take the extra 5min to dry dock it next time so I don't need to log my crafter in to fix my ship before sailing again!
    Well, sometimes, it ain-t possible to dry dock a Ship....

For example, a Fisherman doing Fishmonger quests with pending crates in the Hold is barred from being able to dry dock a Ship....

By the way, I think that this should be changed and just like a Dry Docked ship can retain its cannons and ammunitions in it just fine, it should be permitted to get dry docked also if pending Fishmongers' Quests crates are sitting in the Hold....

@Kyronix , do you think that this is a change that we could see to Fishing and Fishmonger Quests? 
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:

For example, a Fisherman doing Fishmonger quests with pending crates in the Hold is barred from being able to dry dock a Ship....

By the way, I think that this should be changed and just like a Dry Docked ship can retain its cannons and ammunitions in it just fine, it should be permitted to get dry docked also if pending Fishmongers' Quests crates are sitting in the Hold....

@ Kyronix , do you think that this is a change that we could see to Fishing and Fishmonger Quests? 
    No no no do the quest in tram or risk attack we are pirates after all...
    @popps Any fisherman with any sense, if fishing in Fel, will only take and fill as many orders as s/he has time for and then refuse the next one and dock the ship. Reputation is only lost from cancelling orders, not from refusing them.
    At least that's how I fish in Fel.
    edited February 2021
    @ popps Any fisherman with any sense, if fishing in Fel, will only take and fill as many orders as s/he has time for and then refuse the next one and dock the ship. Reputation is only lost from cancelling orders, not from refusing them.
    At least that's how I fish in Fel.
    Indeed but, sometimes, real life gets in between and one needs to log off without time to finish off pending Fishmongers' Quests, especially, if one might have several pending as it usually is done to avoid going back and forth too much/often....

Honestly, I do not see what the big deal would be to permit the Dry Docking of a Fisherman's Ship with pending Fishmongers' Quests crates in the Hold as like it is possible already to do with cannons and ammunitions in them...

I mean, whomever scuttled the Ship still cannot take those crates from the Hold, they are stuck in it... so, I need to imagine, it would not be an issue at all to allow the dry docking of a Ship with pending Fishmongers' Quests crates in the Hold.... and no other item, of course, but those crates....
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:

@ Kyronix , do you think that this is a change that we could see to Fishing and Fishmonger Quests? 
    Yet another example of the "me me me" mindset of certain players. 

You don't want to risk being scuttled; don't fish in Fel. There is literally no reason you can't do the same quest in Tram if that's the hang up. Please stop trying to make more work for the Devs simply because YOU (ie a single player or 2) don't like the way it is...especially when it has no impact on you.

@popps - Let's be honest; are you really looking to complete fishing quests only in Fel?? I think we all know the answer is no. This is a moot topic.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    keven2002 said:

I do not play in Fel but I know that you do not leave stuff unattended in Fel.  This has been a common practice from day one of boating 101 in Fel.  And @popps if you didn't know this then again you prove how little you know about UO.
    TimSt said:
    @ Larisa, I used a gargoyle ship because you can operate two cannons at the same time if you are soloing.
    Why stop at 2? Charge them all and fire a broadside!  (start charging on each cannon, it will keep going if you move out of range as long as you don't actually leave the ship)
    Why has no one ever told me about this?

I think I'm going to start sailing more often ;)

Larisa said:
    TimSt said:

Don't worry @Larisa Garr Grimbeard is headed back to Origin 
    OH YES! Thank you Garr, I will be very happy to have you back! :)

• HippoHippo Posts: 278
    TimSt said:
    Thank you Petra! I added the two commands to my macro list, it certainly speeds up scuttling enemy vessels!
    edited March 2021
    TimSt said:
    Seems I wasn't clear enough in this description.
    The correct commands are: "Fire port broadside"    OR "Fire starboard broadside".

(I had a pm with a query)
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Some cats should have stayed in bags :P
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    McDougle said:
    Larisa said:
    TimSt said:

Don't worry @ Larisa Garr Grimbeard is headed back to Origin 
    @McDougle ; If you need an extra hand at xferring stuff to Origin from Pacific let me know. I have a shard shield that is collecting dust.