Music gears

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
edited February 2021 in General Discussions
Is there any chance that the gears in Dawn’s music boxes can be made to be released by the owner.  I for one have a few and would like to be able to complete the gears sets 

with the wanderer no longer being available I want to be able to move gears about from box to box

any chance ?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    The guy in abyss still gives them out.  You have to do his quest where you find different items in his house.

I just did it last week while goofing around there.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Yep. Once u get tuned in it’s a bit of fun, but never getting the wanderer means u can never fill the music boxes

i suppose if they release them again sometime that would work

just NOT in the store :)
    Well darn, I don't have that one either. I am missing 5 common and 2 uncommon also.  
  • The wanderer was an event item, no longer obtainable. If you suffer OCD that just won’t do. Knowing you can’t finish the music box lol 
  • AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    edited February 2021
    I'd just forget about it :(

I get your point and I like the idea, but I don't see hardcore collectors giving up the value of a complete music box, something very rare to see mainly because 1) once in, gears can't be removed and 2) it doesn't look like Wanderer will be available ever again.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I was doing the quest to get gears a couple years ago.
    I had about 10 of these boxes to fill.
    I did get The Wanderer twice from the quest.

The first time, when I polished it, it said The wanderer on the gear.
    the second time I don't remember it saying The wanderer.
    but after doing this about 20 times or so, I always go in and 
    alphabetize it. And was surpised when it said The Wanderer 
    on my playlist.

And I would do the quests until my hands would hurt. Then wait a few months 
    and go again. I know I have done the quest hundreds of times & still have some 
    of the jewelry boxes to fill. 

I actually saw my music boxes earlier today & thought that I needed to work on that 
    again...
    I like to play the music box or the Harpsicord when I am at home.  Some of the music box tunes play forever.  I wish it would play a song and go to the next one.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    @Pawain my husbands music box plays just the tune he wants to listen to.
    but when i try playing one song, it goes through the list.
    very frustrating, because I like it to be alphabetical haha