Eval Intel question

Does anyone know if Eval Intel affects weapon hit effects like Hit Lightning or Hit Fireball?

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    Don’t know for sure but would guess it does not.  Would expect eval only increases damage done by spells actually cast by a mage.  Mages do not benefit from the slayer modifications on a weapon they are holding or a talisman they are wearing when casting spells so would not expect eval to affect spells cast by weapons.  Expect a better answer will follow.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    Just a note.  Mage weapons with these modifiers, especially hit lightening, can do real damage so they are worth having. Most other mage weapons do no do that much damage because Mages generally do not have the tactics or anatomy skills that increase weapon damage the way eval. Intel. increases spell damage for mages.  There are are of course a few exceptions but those mage weapons are often quite expensive. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "short answer is no, the damage dealt is always equivelent to 80 eval, however you can increase the spell damage on weapons with 'spell damage increase' property, and there is no cap on this in PvM, please note the hit spell effect is not subject to any slayer bonus though"-+-
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    "short answer is no, the damage dealt is always equivelent to 80 eval, however you can increase the spell damage on weapons with 'spell damage increase' property, and there is no cap on this in PvM, please note the hit spell effect is not subject to any slayer bonus though"-+-
    so if my SDI mage is running 125 SDI and uses a hit lighting 50% mage weapon it gets the SDI bonus?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    tested it in very unscientific way and it did seem SDI did affect attack !
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    Thanks all!  I was wondering if Eval Intel and Ninjitsu focus attack would be worth it, but instead I'll try focus attack with SDI!